What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Sime_11

Juniors
Marquee games at Commbank - all interstate teams should be played in the bush - give back to the communities that have given us players who have already earned Legend status within the club. Nothing to gain at Commbank in 1 season and crowds will be poor

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Its a waste of money with that proposed build. I'd rather take the cash to Vegas and put it all on black.

If we think we are bigger than the state government then I would hold out on construction until the next election. Fletch I think has a god complex so he would probably see that as a realistic option.

And every time I walk past the paceway it looks like a total mess. Doesn't look like a cent has been put into the place in years.
I agree. I would hold out until the next election, cost blowout is just an excuse. Money continues to devalue over time. How many times does the government do something and it becomes a cost blowout?

Bob

Juniors
concord-oval.jpeg

stadium2.jpg

I thought I'd seen the design for our new stadium before, top 1 is the old Concord Oval, Bottom is our new proposed stadium, both have seats right up to the trylines, both have roofs covered, ours will be more modernized, overall not bad

I thought our last 3 years' results has guaranteed the future of the team for the next 30-40 years - not sure a minimally enhanced stadium will come into any NRL decision making. The current kids coming through seeing Panthers as winners will ensure solid backing.

I agree with @Fangs - I'd prefer to keep the powder dry and wait until you can do something substantial. I don't understand the urgency to do something less than ideal now (other than presumably political).

It seems we're upgrading to accommodate female team sports across other codes (i.e. soccer) at a time the professional soccer clubs in this country are reportedly retrenching half their staff. The dreams of concerts and motorsports are unrealistic (production and bump in/out costs are prohibitive).

Otherwise we're introducing 3k-4k of nosebleed seats given we'll have steeper stands in basically the same footprint. I just don't get how the outcomes and numbers stack up.

The improved corporate areas of the updated stadium are what guarantees the future. Having on field success is huge, but you need to be able to capitalise on that. Modern teams make a lot of money through corporate support.

As for waiting until a better option comes along, that’s a huge risk. It simply might never eventuate, look how long Brookvale has needed a major upgrade.

Nosebleed seats? That’s totally ridiculous. The western stand will be maybe a 12k seat capacity, that’s not a big stand. The viewing angles will be great.

just have to be careful what we wish for - im confident if you asked Eels or Wanderers fans if they could have current Parramatta or the old Parramatta stadium back - they'd chose the latter.

i understand that corporates help make more $$$ on game day - but not at the expense of one side of the ground becoming majority corporate tickets.

The atmosphere of the regular fans going weekly is the soul of a stadium - you dont fk with that

So the majority of Parra fans want the old stadium, but the crowds improved in the new stadium? Maybe the majority haven’t got a clue on how to run a footy team?

Honestly, some of the stuff I’m reading in here is comical.

Can't express how disappointing this upgrade is. New ground capacity of 25k, a stack of weasel words on community input, blah, blah, blah.

No surprise the NSW govt are burying this under Albo's tax changes media.

25k is the right capacity, any bigger and you risk losing atmosphere.

We averaged almost 19k this year, that still leaves plenty of room to grow but also retain a good atmosphere for the leaner years.

Fangs

Coach
Penrith has been a swing seat both state and federally for decades, hasn’t gotten us the money until now.

No responsible management would reject the offer on the table.

I know they can't reject it but for selfish reasons I hope Fletch goes crazy.

I'm 99% sure this is going ahead. Just waiting to see a shovel.

blue bags

First Grade
Just remember its Parra stadium you'll be coming to use. Forget the Commbank crap. Parra Stadium
Sharks used Kogarah Jubilee Oval
For 2 years. Had disinfect everything using glen20 acetone. . Cleaning Acid
Gerney spray. Kill Off those Shire Hobbit's bug's
😁