What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Huge news.

Talking 25k or 30k, sounds strange but 25k might just be preferable. Sell outs build interest, and it could produce a better atmosphere.

Although I’d be perfectly happy with 30k

WestyLife

First Grade
Huge news.

Talking 25k or 30k, sounds strange but 25k might just be preferable. Sell outs build interest, and it could produce a better atmosphere.

Although I’d be perfectly happy with 30k

Yeah 25k would be fine. Funny to hear all the complaining about hills.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Been meaning to make this thread for quite some time. Never got around to it as every Penrith stadium discussion seemed to be reduced down to tenants rather than a discussion about what we’d ideally want from a possible rebuild.

Make no mistake about it, this is enormous. We all love the club but they absolutely owe it to all of us to be as transparent about the design process as imaginable. Clear and heavily advertised dates for public meetings to discuss it among other things.

To be honest I’m still not fully sure on what the new place should look like. Parra replica is touted but should we be more distinct with the look and feel? Is 30k too much or does our population growth make it a perfect fit?

A lot to go through with this. Nervous but very exciting simultaneously.

murraymob

First Grade
This will be one of the biggest things to happen to our great club up the with building the league club
On and off the feild we have become a power house but with this stadium we will be the club players will want to come to stay
I will wait with nervous. Excitement as this stadium has been floated around for decades but never come through

franklin2323

Immortal
I think they're silly and outdated. Though kids can play so maybe worth getting on end made a hill.

Something like the new Townsville might work. Many reasons Hill works at Penrith have a look tomorrow night every seat should be taken but will be heaps empty and the Hills packed.

I know a few that stand on the Hill. One guy drives a truck all day and sitting down then having to get up and down everytime someone wants to get past for the Bathroom. So standing on the Hill is better for him.

Another mate brings his 8 and 10 year old they never sit still are always those ones up and down etc. so the Hill suits him

Have you been to Bankwest? Great views but very poor leg room. I am only 180cm tall and I struggle.

Fold up chairs for said children can be difficult. So if they can have 1 side standing will be good for all

forby

Juniors
great news, but I hope it doesn’t end up like BankWest where the western side is almost exclusively corporate.

franklin2323

Immortal
This will be one of the biggest things to happen to our great club up the with building the league club
On and off the feild we have become a power house but with this stadium we will be the club players will want to come to stay
I will wait with nervous. Excitement as this stadium has been floated around for decades but never come through

The new undercover carpark is amazing. New Hotel and Conference Centre to go with the academy and we are set for a long time

franklin2323

Immortal
Been meaning to make this thread for quite some time. Never got around to it as every Penrith stadium discussion seemed to be reduced down to tenants rather than a discussion about what we’d ideally want from a possible rebuild.

Make no mistake about it, this is enormous. We all love the club but they absolutely owe it to all of us to be as transparent about the design process as imaginable. Clear and heavily advertised dates for public meetings to discuss it among other things.

To be honest I’m still not fully sure on what the new place should look like. Parra replica is touted but should we be more distinct with the look and feel? Is 30k too much or does our population growth make it a perfect fit?

A lot to go through with this. Nervous but very exciting simultaneously.

Design is key. I remember the sewage pipes were an issue last upgrade. That should make it be different then Bankwest

Fangs

Coach
People do like Hills

What will @Fangs do without his beer hill

I'll always remember pisshead hill. Same with the old scoreboard, the voice of the greatest ground announcer Rugby League has ever seen and the sweet smell of sewage as I leave the ground.

We are growing. The city is growing. Time for the stadium to move with it. We will still have Leicchardt which will probably end up heritage protected.