What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I literally never said that you did... So who is the one making shit up exactly?

You do however laud international RL sides like, e.g., Samoa and Tonga as great successes, when both are utter embarrassments compared to Japanese, Argentinian, Georgian, etc, RU.

You're a hypocrite at best mate, and you'd be best to leave the discussion at that.

As bad as it gets in RU, none of them are as bad as the top RL sides outside of AUS, NZ, ENG, FR, PNG, and arguably Fiji.

So again, who is the one making up BS stories again.
Again, the Tongan and Samoan sides are good at RL. But RL is not (to date) good at developing players from those counties. I've never really claimed that RL were good at that though.

Japan is a joke mate and there are many so called top Union teams that have questionable rosters. They aren't as global as they like to say they are. If you want to defend that, then good on you ;)

Te Kaha

First Grade
The Tongan and Samoan RL teams are good, that just a fact. However, I've never stated that RL is good at actually developing players from those nations. That work is only just starting now. On that we agree, there is much to do.

Let's not let the above though distract from the joke of a team that wear Japanese Union jerseys at the world cup that is propped up by foreigners.

You are still being a massive hypocrite. The Tongan and Samoan teams were almost to a man "propped up by foreigners." Very few of them were legally Tongan or Samoan. While the Current Japanese team is 70% Japanese. These are facts, not your imbecilic opinions. I have no idea how someone can be as dense as you about seeing your hypocrisy.

Vibing

Juniors
You are still being a massive hypocrite. The Tongan and Samoan teams were almost to a man "propped up by foreigners." Very few of them were legally Tongan or Samoan. While the Current Japanese team is 70% Japanese. These are facts, not your imbecilic opinions. I have no idea how someone can be as dense as you about seeing your hypocrisy.
pot
kettle
black

Matua

Bench
Can’t see Jordie Barrett signing for an NRL club imo as he’s already 26 and will be 28 come the end of his union contract.

shame really as I think he would kill it in league.
TBH, I doubt Jordie would suit league at all. He's relatively slow for an outside back and can't really see where he'd fit any closer.

I think he's one of those players who suits one game and not the other.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Imagine this....

Imagine there has been an Auckland team in the NRL since 1995, they've been at the wrong end of the ladder for most of their existence, but the second they string a couple of wins together and look like they've got a solid team, they fans flock to them in numbers and the hype picks up instantly.

Now considering the excitement they can build from just a couple of good wins, imagine the MASSIVE BLOW THEY CAN DEAL TO NZ RUGBY UNION if they actually have a 5 - 10 year period of success and win a couple of premierships.

Our RU loving friends on here will get a shock when the RL tsunami hits. They've missed the Tsunami warning sirens and they lay on the beach sunbaking enjoying themselves wondering why they have the beach all to themselves, blissfully unaware of what's incoming.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Not at all mate. It is what it is, RL is in it's infancy when it comes to development of those players. I'm realistic about where international RL's development is. You seem to be unrealistic about where Union's development is.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Not at all mate. It is what it is, RL is in it's infancy when it comes to development of those players. I'm realistic about where international RL's development is. You seem to be unrealistic about where Union's development is.

No, i am pointing out your hypocrisy on one hand celebrating two teams "propped up by foreigners" and with less than 10% actual Samoans and Tongans in a League world cup and calling a Rugby team with 70% Japanese a "joke". You're a hypocrite. It's that simple.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Imagine this....

Imagine there has been an Auckland team in the NRL since 1995, they've been at the wrong end of the ladder for most of their existence, but the second they string a couple of wins together and look like they've got a solid team, they fans flock to them in numbers and the hype picks up instantly.

Now considering the excitement they can build from just a couple of good wins, imagine the MASSIVE BLOW THEY CAN DEAL TO NZ RUGBY UNION if they actually have a 5 - 10 year period of success and win a couple of premierships.

Our RU loving friends on here will get a shock when the RL tsunami hits. They've missed the Tsunami warning sirens and they lay on the beach sunbaking enjoying themselves wondering why they have the beach all to themselves, blissfully unaware of what's incoming.

You do know the crowd was less than 19K don't you? After a two year home absence.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
No, i am pointing out your hypocrisy on one hand celebrating two teams "propped up by foreigners" and with less than 10% actual Samoans and Tongans in a League world cup and calling a Rugby team with 70% Japanese a "joke". You're a hypocrite. It's that simple.
Where's the hypocrisy? I've never once said that the Tongan and Samoan sides are full of players born and developed on the islands. We are not at that stage yet because RL has never focused their development in those nations at any real level.

The Japanese Union team however is being lauded by you lot as a team of Japanese having success in Union. I'm just pointing out the fact that it isn't a team full of Japanese, it is very much propped up by foreigners.

The difference between the two are the claims being made. But anyway keep derailing the discussion with your name calling.... hypocrite, racist etc. That will definitely get more Japanese into the Union team - lol.

Wb1234

Referee
If the warriors keep this form up the tv ratings will be massive

shame we don’t have figures because it’s clear as day the warriors will be eclipsing any nz super rugby side now

Te Kaha

First Grade
The tsunami is on the way mate, don't tell us you weren't warned.

19K is a "Tsunami"... righttttttttt

Where's the hypocrisy? I've never once said that the Tongan and Samoan sides are full of players born and developed on the islands. We are not at that stage yet because RL has never focused their development in those nations at any real level.

You want me to go back and quote the posts where you said they were in fact a great success? When you label a team of over 70% Japanese a joke, while labeling TWO teams of less than $10 a "success" you are a hypocrite.

The Japanese Union team however is being lauded by you lot as a team of Japanese having success in Union. I'm just pointing out the fact that it isn't a team full of Japanese, it is very much propped up by foreigners.

Nice deflection. The original post stated that Japan had made huge development strides in the last few years. Referencing the fact that the national team, and comp were previously mostly foreigners, which isn't the case now. That person was correct, you just turned hypocritical. Or do you not think that qualifies as "huge development strides"

Te Kaha

First Grade
If the warriors keep this form up the tv ratings will be massive

shame we don’t have figures because it’s clear as day the warriors will be eclipsing any nz super rugby side now

yesterdays game time

SkySport 1 Super Rugby
SkySport 2 Replay of Super Rugby
SkySport 3 Woman's Super Rugby
SkySport 4 The Warriors.

SkyTV doesn't think that.

jim_57

Staff member
You do know the crowd was less than 19K don't you? After a two year home absence.

The first home game in TWO years and it got LESS than 19K. There have been a half dozen Super Rugby games this year that got that. Because you don't like it you just ignore it. Hell this coming Saturday there will be a game that will outdraw it.
You muppets drone on about crowds, and how wonderful The Warriors crowd was going to be, yet it wasn't much better than most of the NZ Super Rugby crowds and less than some.

Just to be pedantic since you keep saying it, Warriors played 4 games at Mt Smart at the end of last year.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Just to be pedantic since you keep saying it, Warriors played 4 games at Mt Smart at the end of last year.

Indeed, fair call, i picked up on another poster without checking. My bad.

he's a supporter of RL apparently...

I am, an NZ RL supporter. Not an NRL supporter. They have broken too many promises, have raped and continue to rape the game here.

Just a reminder

And as you keep pointing out, its TV where the money is made, not at the ground.

Last edited: