What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

flippikat

Bench
This thread is going into every flight of fantasy. Auckland couldn't even bite the bullet and build a new stadium when it was hosting a RWC so I highly doubt they'll sort their shit out now.
That's a fair point - and you think that a World Cup would've given the idea enough impetus to actually happen but the usual blend of politics, self-interest & general ineptness meant it never happened.

Thing is, the problems still remain - and someday they'll have to be tackled.

Vibing

Juniors
Three things from the Article stand out.
"After perhaps the best start to a Super Rugby season in years, even decades" -- Yet you muppets keep saying the comp is dying here... although since the comp is only two years old that doesn't really make sense.
holy shit
if this is the best start to a stupor wugby season in decades then I'd hate to see a bad one , its been the same utter crap as far as I can make out

Where are the attendances ?
the TV ratings

all hidden , too embarrassed to publish them .
but sure
best start in decades hahahaha

Gobsmacked

Bench
holy shit
if this is the best start to a stupor wugby season in decades then I'd hate to see a bad one , its been the same utter crap as far as I can make out

the TV ratings

but sure
Exactly what I thought. Lopsided contests in front of 5 people.

Brian potter

Bench
holy shit

the TV ratings

but sure
What do you expect from a developmental competition.

Brian potter

Bench
If the NRL had any sense they’d knock the Pasifika idea on the head. Super rugby have done the NRL a huge favour by showing what a stupid idea multiple combined teams are.

it’s either Christchurch or wellington for NZ2 or nothing.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Imagine this....

Imagine there has been an Auckland team in the NRL since 1995, they've been at the wrong end of the ladder for most of their existence, but the second they string a couple of wins together and look like they've got a solid team, they fans flock to them in numbers and the hype picks up instantly.

Now considering the excitement they can build from just a couple of good wins, imagine the MASSIVE BLOW THEY CAN DEAL TO NZ RUGBY UNION if they actually have a 5 - 10 year period of success and win a couple of premierships.

Our RU loving friends on here will get a shock when the RL tsunami hits. They've missed the Tsunami warning sirens and they lay on the beach sunbaking enjoying themselves wondering why they have the beach all to themselves, blissfully unaware of what's incoming.
We know what a successful warriors side looks like, we’ve had them before in 2002-3 and 2007-11 (09 excepted) They consistently pull around 18-20k when they’re going well, and maybe 25 for finals.

Wb1234

Referee
Oh dear oh dear.

“don’t know if Ardie Savea or Patrick Tuipulotu or Richie Mo’unga would like to follow the lead of their rugby league peers and play for their nation of heritage or even Moana Pasifika.

But I do know that NZR have basically ceded Mt Smart Stadium to the New Zealand Warriors, by effectively making Moana Pasifika an irrelevanc”

I literally said in league the islanders play for their nations but in union the all blacks take their best players

interesting the article says they copied rugby league for their pasifika team

Matua

Bench
“don’t know if Ardie Savea or Patrick Tuipulotu or Richie Mo’unga would like to follow the lead of their rugby league peers and play for their nation of heritage or even Moana Pasifika.

But I do know that NZR have basically ceded Mt Smart Stadium to the New Zealand Warriors, by effectively making Moana Pasifika an irrelevanc”

I literally said in league the islanders play for their nations but in union the all blacks take their best players

interesting the article says they copied rugby league for their pasifika team
And you're literally wrong. Tonga is not "the islanders".

Matua

Bench
Read the article

it’s exactly what I posted way back lol
It doesn't matter what the article says the bold I highlighted in your post is factually wrong. You know this as we went through it already in the thread.

Wb1234

Referee
It doesn't matter what the article says the bold I highlighted in your post is factually wrong. You know this as we went through it already in the thread.
Nope

league encourages pi players to play for their nations and the all blacks don’t lol