What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Te Kaha

First Grade
This article says it was sold out, mentioning the reluctance to use temporary seating ( that might be the discrepancy in capacity)
Regardless, I couldn't see where they could have fit 1 more person. Looked like a great atmosphere.
16k is massive for a town that size.
Well done Napier.

You're a kiwi that says they like league... yet a good game for your fellow countryman and you seem pissed off ... makes no sense.

The capacity doesn't include temporary seating.

16K didn't come from Napier alone. They even kept open the damaged road to wairoa for those north of Napier.

I'm not pissed off. Anybody who gets emotional on the internet, should step away. I am simply pointing out obvious mistakes, lies or stupidity where it's posted.

This entire thread is based on faulty flawed logic. You especially make baseless assertions as if they are fact and it's funny watching you scramble to maintain the fiction.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The capacity doesn't include temporary seating.

16K didn't come from Napier alone. They even kept open the damaged road to wairoa for those north of Napier.

I'm not pissed off. Anybody who gets emotional on the internet, should step away. I am simply pointing out obvious mistakes, lies or stupidity where it's posted.

This entire thread is based on faulty flawed logic. You especially make baseless assertions as if they are fact and it's funny watching you scramble to maintain the fiction.
So we've had games in Napier, Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland with a game set for Hamilton and all before great crowds.
New Zealand will probably get the WC or a good chunk of it. Abdo has stated he wants another team in NZ, Andrew Voss got behind in and now Tallis also there's talk of magic round at Eden Park. All on the back of a new record deal with Sky paying 30 million.
The NRL is all set to start the bidding process for another NZ team and create one of the biggest rivalries in sport. Dealing a massive blow to a already stumbling Super Rugby and RU as a whole in NZ.

Te Kaha

First Grade
So we've had games in Napier, Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland with a game set for Hamilton and all before great crowds.
New Zealand will probably get the WC or a good chunk of it. Abdo has stated he wants another team in NZ, Andrew Voss got behind in and now Tallis also there's talk of magic round at Eden Park. All on the back of a new record deal with Sky paying 30 million.
The NRL is all set to start the bidding process for another NZ team and create one of the biggest rivalries in sport. Dealing a massive blow to a already stumbling Super Rugby and RU as a whole in NZ.

See you can't let it go.

Spark Sport is gone, the next Deal with Sky will be nowhere near its current, let alone any higher. What will the ARLC do when sky say they wont go above 20 mil again? accept 5-10 mill from FTA in NZ? not a chance.
Aussie TV will not want another NZ team at the expense of a new Aussie one they can make money off of. And they will be footing the bill for a new one.
Those crowds outside of Auckland have been ok, but the highest has been less than 20K for a one off event. That doesn't indicate the support you are alleging. And for all your posting about Super Rugby crowds, none of them have come close to the crowds for most of the NZ derby games. At the same time as the Warriors played there was a bigger crowd at Eden Park, and one which would have rated much higher on TV here.
All the talk about NZ2 has come from Aussie, nothing said here, even Chalmers has gone away after he lost his funding.
And as for you last point. You still hold to the stupid belief that any "damage" to Super Rugby amounts to anything. Sky pays a pittance for Super Rugby, NZ still watches it in increasing numbers and your "massive blow" is simply bullshit.

Vibing

Juniors
This article says it was sold out, mentioning the reluctance to use temporary seating ( that might be the discrepancy in capacity)
Regardless, I couldn't see where they could have fit 1 more person. Looked like a great atmosphere.
16k is massive for a town that size.
Well done Napier.

You're a kiwi that says they like league... yet a good game for your fellow countryman and you seem pissed off ... makes no sense.
hes a toffball f**kstick whos never watched a game of league in his life

Vibing

Juniors
Awwwww that's the best you can come up with? Of all your lies in this thread, that's just about the lamest
poor widdle fwit toffballer
all hes got is ...... it wasn't sold out cos I said so

bit like those lying ca**rnts at NZ wugby
we're doing oh so well... cos ... we said so

Te Kaha

First Grade
poor widdle fwit toffballer
all hes got is ...... it wasn't sold out cos I said so

bit like those lying ca**rnts at NZ wugby
we're doing oh so well... cos ... we said so

You can't even handle empirical proof....

And claiming that NZR can control the NRL to not publish viewing figures for League in NZ is about the dumbest thing you have ever said... which, given your other posts, is quite some achievement.

Vibing

Juniors
You can't even handle empirical proof....

And claiming that NZR can control the NRL to not publish viewing figures for League in NZ is about the dumbest thing you have ever said... which, given your other posts, is quite some achievement.
controllers of information
here we are

wow
just wow

Gobsmacked

Bench
See you can't let it go.

Spark Sport is gone, the next Deal with Sky will be nowhere near its current, let alone any higher. What will the ARLC do when sky say they wont go above 20 mil again? accept 5-10 mill from FTA in NZ? not a chance.
Aussie TV will not want another NZ team at the expense of a new Aussie one they can make money off of. And they will be footing the bill for a new one.
Those crowds outside of Auckland have been ok, but the highest has been less than 20K for a one off event. That doesn't indicate the support you are alleging. And for all your posting about Super Rugby crowds, none of them have come close to the crowds for most of the NZ derby games. At the same time as the Warriors played there was a bigger crowd at Eden Park, and one which would have rated much higher on TV here.
All the talk about NZ2 has come from Aussie, nothing said here, even Chalmers has gone away after he lost his funding.
And as for you last point. You still hold to the stupid belief that any "damage" to Super Rugby amounts to anything. Sky pays a pittance for Super Rugby, NZ still watches it in increasing numbers and your "massive blow" is simply bullshit.
I'm all in on another NZ team, I enjoy all the growth leading up to it. It's going to be great for NZ rugby league, great for the NRL and great for the international game.
Watching you twist yourself in knots over it... epic.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I'm all in on another NZ team, I enjoy all the growth leading up to it. It's going to be great for NZ rugby league, great for the NRL and great for the international game.
Watching you twist yourself in knots over it... epic.

And without the investment into grass roots first it would be the death of the domestic game. Not that it would matter to you.

All moot anyway. there are already three other bids that will be preferred ahead of the non existent NZ ones. If there is one thing you can count on these days it's Aussie Leagues self interest. NZ2 is a fantasy in your head.

Gobsmacked

Bench
And without the investment into grass roots first it would be the death of the domestic game. Not that it would matter to you.

All moot anyway. there are already three other bids that will be preferred ahead of the non existent NZ ones. If there is one thing you can count on these days it's Aussie Leagues self interest. NZ2 is a fantasy in your head.
I can't imagine your denial as they run out for thier first game.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Like what?

Everything in this post of yours below

I think it'll be Christchurch and be probably the Southern Bulls or something. The new team will engage around 40% more kiwi viewers ( maybe more) so not 40% more viewers on sky but 40% more league one's. The current value for Sky is 30 million for league, this will put it up to around 43 million but given there's another fixture, probably more likely 45 + .
You could debate that it's not worth the same with the spark thing but whatever it's deemed to be worth with 1, it will be at least 40% more with 2.
Of course the tv deal in Australia goes up also with another fixture.
Having a second NZ team will have households in NZ watching League 2 nights a week instead of 1 meaning they'll be turned into 1 less Super Rugby game.
Sky Having less money to spend on Super Rugby and people effectively watching less of it effects the Sky revenue to the downside for Super Rugby.. already haemorrhaging money they abandon Super Rugby freeing up even more money they can pay for league and given there's no Super Rugby.. they watch more League.

If NZ get the next League world cup and a new team I expect to see double the amount of people in NZ engaged in Rugby league of what we have today.
This could all lead to a stronger kiwi team and start a massive rivalry with Australia that becomes the pinnacle of Rugby league as opposed to origin.

Latest posts