What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Gobsmacked

Bench
Slater should be the next storm coach

he might be even better than bellyache
I wouldn't stay Origin success translates at all to club football.
Picking the best players for 3 games with no salary cap and rallying them for their state... has nothing in common with building a roster, player trust over years and getting them to buy into a jersey that is initially alien to them . Maybe he could.. it's just that everything he's done in Origin means absolutely nothing at club level.. vis versa actually, Bellamy was a complete flop as Origin coach. And again, Msl Maninga was a terrible club coach- Origin.. 8 straight?

Horses for courses.

Wb1234

Immortal
I wouldn't stay Origin success translates at all to club football.
Picking the best players for 3 games with no salary cap and rallying them for their state... has nothing in common with building a roster, player trust over years and getting them to buy into a jersey that is initially alien to them . Maybe he could.. it's just that everything he's done in Origin means absolutely nothing at club level.. vis versa actually, Bellamy was a complete flop as Origin coach. And again, Msl Maninga was a terrible club coach- Origin.. 8 straight?

Horses for courses.
True

but slater has been fullbacks coach there

no fluke meaney paps and that new star got produced by him

he runs with the players showing them what lines to run

he will get bored of origin in a few years he’s done it all

Matua

Bench
Nah, you just don't understand a bunch of it because you're not equip for the discussion.

You don't truly understand the ideas we're discussing, or have any basis in the ideological traditions they sprout from, and are just parroting garbage you've heard from talking heads.

I never claimed that they were. In fact I went to great lengths to show that they weren't.

The analogy works fine, you're just attempting to avoid addressing the substance of the argument because your scripted dialogue has run out.

BTW, you clearly didn't look into Cynthia Ann Parker's story, let alone other relevant examples lol.

Another point, another dodge.

Either address the substance or maybe, by some miracle, you could reflect on the fact that you can't.

I never said that you were attempting to force people to adopt their ancestral culture, not directly anyway, but that's a different discussion. Either way it's totally irrelevant to the fact that your argument is race essentialist.

The fact that you are saying that ethnicity is inherited by birth at all makes your position race essentialist. Whether or not people choose to identify with that ethnic inheritance is totally irrelevant.

So yeah, that was a waste of time. It'd be nice if you'd take your cosmopolitan soft bigotry elsewhere from now on.

Seriously mate, I don't know WTF you're babbling on about now. Aside from trying to position yourself as some intellectual giant. :rolleyes:

How about you give us some links to the theoretical basis that backs your word salad (that you keep hinting at but never explaining) so we can see if our small brains can make some sense of it.

Also, stop trying to pretend the Australian born Luai, raised by Samoan and Kiwi parents is in any way analogous to a white woman raised by a Native American tribe.

Matua

Bench
Unsure why the dragons are keen, he’s a bit of a journeyman that never quite made it in Union
They seem to be going players from Hawkes Bay. Someone should snap up Lincoln McClutchie since he can't get a run in Super Rugby.

TBH, if you'd have asked me which NZ rugby player they were going to target then Renton would be near to last on my list.

Matiunz

Juniors
They seem to be going players from Hawkes Bay. Someone should snap up Lincoln McClutchie since he can't get a run in Super Rugby.

TBH, if you'd have asked me which NZ rugby player they were going to target then Renton would be near to last on my list.
Never understood why the Canes never picked him up even as a squad player, seems odd this years highest NPC points scorer can’t get a run

Matua

Bench
Never understood why the Canes never picked him up even as a squad player, seems odd this years highest NPC points scorer can’t get a run
The Canes are owned by the WRU which is why it's hard for Magpies players to get a run with them - even years we beat Wellington we only get about three players in the Canes. This was a team that didn't give a shot to guys like Israel Dagg, Folau Fakatava, Ben Tamiefuna etc.

The Super Rugby selection system is a bit broken when the best 10 in the NPC this year can't pick up one of 15 spots available to NZ 10s.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Interesting choice.
If he works out, they have a long term coach that is a Kiwi.
The real boss move will be Bennett as an adviser.
2008 the kiwi win the WC .. Bennett was Kearney's assistant.
Kearney didn't work out as a coach- too arrogant and overlooking Marshall for years for seemingly personal grudge which hurt their potential roster and would have undermined the playing groups confidence in him.

If Cayles works out, they could have a steady playing group and coaching room for decades. Well worth the gamble imo.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Sacked Madge after they belted australia

huge downgrade
I don't think you understand the weight of what being an actual kiwi brings.
They put 30 on Australia because they have a gun side... put that now with staunch national pride and they'll be doing it for 10 years. Cayles will be speaking with a national pride and prospective not possible as an Australian.
Someone who understands mana..

Wb1234

Immortal
I don't think you understand the weight of what being an actual kiwi brings.
They put 30 on Australia because they have a gun side... put that now with staunch national pride and they'll be doing it for 10 years. Cayles will be speaking with a national pride and prospective not possible as an Australian.
Someone who understands mana..
He will be a flop

Matua

Bench
Ex Kiwi players have turned out to be poor coaches. I'd rather an Aussie with a decent coaching record at the highest level than Cayless.

This is a rare clock stopping moment that I agree with Wb.

Wb1234

Immortal
Fair enough, we'll see in time.
Well respected kiwi, full time.. could be another webby or cleary..
We'll soon find out.
Madge won titles with Wigan and souths

hopefully they get bennett over the top of cayless like they did with Kearney

I really hope they don’t ruin all the good momentum they have now after belting australia

Gobsmacked

Bench
Madge won titles with Wigan and souths

hopefully they get bennett over the top of cayless like they did with Kearney

I really hope they don’t ruin all the good momentum they have now after belting australia
I wouldn't call it momentum, it was 1 game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The gb tour was some of the worse performances by A GB /england team in my time watching the game. I wouldnt be that excited about bennett!