What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Perth Red

Post Whore
So from no bids they now have 3

I remember when I told you a year ago nz bids would come out of the woodwork once the nrl called for expansion bids

Perth as a standalone team pretty much had very little chance but this is an nz2 thread
yes that is correct, when we were discussing it they had no bids. Now they have at least 3, possibly 4 from reports. Lets hope one of them floats the NRL's boat.

MugaB

Coach
yeh i do, because when I said it there was no bids lol.
Remember when you said Perth had no chance? Guess what.
You know what's also funny, is that at the same time you said there was no bids in NZ, there also was no bids in Perth, but it didn't stop you from claiming there was one..... now it just the everywhere bears

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know what's also funny, is that at the same time you said there was no bids in NZ, there also was no bids in Perth, but it didn't stop you from claiming there was one..... now it just the everywhere bears
it was clear there was one, Cumins had already stated he had a consortium working with the Govt for over a year and they were waiting for the opportunity to submit. Theyve been waiting since 2013!

But you be you.

MugaB

Coach
it was clear there was one, Cumins had already stated he had a consortium working with the Govt for over a year and they were waiting for the opportunity to submit. Theyve been waiting since 2013!

But you be you.
Not a bid tho... just a bunch of guys who wanted a licence, there's plenty of those "consortiums" that go knowhere, usually due to lack of funding

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not a bid tho... just a bunch of guys who wanted a licence, there's plenty of those "consortiums" that go knowhere, usually due to lack of funding
Not enough AI for you?
If you want to be pedantic there cant be any bids until bids are actually called for. which only happened two weeks ago. Before that all there was was groups expressing interest to bid.

Bids dont close for 3 more weeks so at this point we still dont know what bids there actually are.

MugaB

Coach
Not enough AI for you?
If you want to be pedantic there cant be any bids until bids are actually called for. which only happened two weeks ago. Before that all there was was groups expressing interest to bid.

Bids dont close for 3 more weeks so at this point we still dont know what bids there actually are.
Not really Andrew hill has been heading up the PNG bid for over 2 years, they announced and actual bid team long time ago, just like the Dolphins, Bombers and Firehawks did last expansion, aswell as the everywhere bears too and southern orcas some 15 years ago released notices too, no one from WA has announced any bid team, only that letter to/from with the NrlWA letterhead, which basically said they weren't prepared, funding or otherwise..
I'm not pissing in your pocket PR, they've had 28 years to get their shit together, PVL is pushing the Bears case for that reason

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not really Andrew hill has been heading up the PNG bid for over 2 years, they announced and actual bid team long time ago, just like the Dolphins, Bombers and Firehawks did last expansion, aswell as the everywhere bears too and southern orcas some 15 years ago released notices too, no one from WA has announced any bid team, only that letter to/from with the NrlWA letterhead, which basically said they weren't prepared, funding or otherwise..
I'm not pissing in your pocket PR, they've had 28 years to get their shit together, PVL is pushing the Bears case for that reason
no, to be pendatic but seeing as you raised it, he headed up a group who were putting everything in place with the intention to bid.
They only actually become a bid when the bidding opportunity opens and they submit. Then they are in effect bidders for a license. Before that they were a group getting ready to bid. Same as many others, including WA.

WA govt has been leading the bid development, employed a company to develop the bid application, had numerous meetings with the Cumins led consortium about the bid structure and talked to potential other bid partners.
ergo we were getting ready to bid, which we will hopefully now have in or close to.

liek I s aid your not a bid until you've actually submitted abid, befpre that youre an interested bid party. No amount of Ai images or media interviews changes that.

MugaB

Coach
no, to be pendatic but seeing as you raised it, he headed up a group who were putting everything in place with the intention to bid.
They only actually become a bid when the bidding opportunity opens and they submit. Then they are in effect bidders for a license. Before that they were a group getting ready to bid. Same as many others, including WA.

WA govt has been leading the bid development, employed a company to develop the bid application, had numerous meetings with the Cumins led consortium about the bid structure and talked to potential other bid partners.
ergo we were getting ready to bid, which we will hopefully now have in or close to.

liek I s aid your not a bid until you've actually submitted abid, befpre that youre an interested bid party. No amount of Ai images or media interviews changes that.
Alright Mr pedantic, WA never had a public bid announcement or bid party, not till cumins letter, some of those other bid parties had already been at work for years getting all their ducks in a row, not that last minute fax it thu garbage

Perth Red

Post Whore
Alright Mr pedantic, WA never had a public bid announcement or bid party, not till cumins letter, some of those other bid parties had already been at work for years getting all their ducks in a row, not that last minute fax it thu garbage
the article in 2020 clearly states Cumins leading a new Perth bid consortium keen to bid for a license. The WA Govt then came on board in 2022. To say there was nothing happening before 3 weeks ago is plainly nonsense.

MugaB

Coach
the article in 2020 clearly states Cumins leading a new Perth bid consortium keen to bid for a license. The WA Govt then came on board in 2022. To say there was nothing happening before 3 weeks ago is plainly nonsense.
What article, actually doesn't matter, coz there was no bid team, and zero public release notice to suggest that, just him saying yeah I'll run things whenever it comes my way, until the nrl goes to tender

Perth Red

Post Whore
What article, actually doesn't matter, coz there was no bid team, and zero public release notice to suggest that, just him saying yeah I'll run things whenever it comes my way, until the nrl goes to tender
believe what you like. The evidence is clear this has been in train since 2020 and picked up momentum in 2022 ready for bidding now. Maybe we should have had more AI.

Matua

Bench

Remember when you know who said the nz tv deal was going to get cut LOL
What is wrong with you? You're posting a two month old article to make an attack on a poster who hasn't been around here in what, at least a year?

sure if the warriors have a really bad season the arse might fall off it eventually but it’s not like the warriors success last year was that great
Quite simply, in the context of the Warriors it was great. In the previous 11 seasons they had only made the 8 once.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
What is wrong with you? You're posting a two month old article to make an attack on a poster who hasn't been around here in what, at least a year?

Quite simply, in the context of the Warriors it was great. In the previous 11 seasons they had only made the 8 once.
Don't worry, said poster is still here. He may have a different user name, but he's still here.

And he deserves all the shit he gets for rubbishing basically everything that has played out over the last couple of years that he said would never happen.

Latest posts