What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

flippikat

Bench
With AFB gone & the "Will he, won't he, is he fit enough?" saga around SJ resolved with his retirement, there's every chance if a bounce-back next season.

That's what I'm taking out of it.

Barring a torrent of injuries, we SHOULD be top 8 in 2025 at least.

Wb1234

Immortal
With AFB gone & the "Will he, won't he, is he fit enough?" saga around SJ resolved with his retirement, there's every chance if a bounce-back next season.

If not Webster is gone

Gobsmacked

Bench

The Cowboys went through a bad situation with Thurston playing a year too long and they lost Ponga as a result. There's nothing you can do if a great player is there like Johnson, even if he's going rubbish, you have to ride it out and then There's guys like AFB that's obviously interested in being some place else that you have to ride it out because even though he mostly just get the good ball after the hard work is done ( as a prop ffs) he has the masses convinced how good he is.
Webby has ridden it out and now there's no excuses, there's not one player who gets a spot on reputation. Every spot has to be earned every week.
As a squad I believe will be much stronger.

Wb1234

Immortal
The Cowboys went through a bad situation with Thurston playing a year too long and they lost Ponga as a result. There's nothing you can do if a great player is there like Johnson, even if he's going rubbish, you have to ride it out and then There's guys like AFB that's obviously interested in being some place else that you have to ride it out because even though he mostly just get the good ball after the hard work is done ( as a prop ffs) he has the masses convinced how good he is.
Webby has ridden it out and now there's no excuses, there's not one player who gets a spot on reputation. Every spot has to be earned every week.
As a squad I believe will be much stronger.
Think he’s playing rts at winger

Another mistake

Gobsmacked

Bench
He looked great at the start of the year

His first game at fullback he was leading the way and they looked good

when he went back to centre their attack went to crap
He doesn't get it. He doesn't know how to run at a hole, he wants the ball first. I'm even worried about him on the wing. Good fullback but also lack cohesion with the rest of the backline and on those shifts where a simple draw and pass or tap on might hinder the attack.
I'd play him at 14 with a roving role in the last 15 of each half.

Wb1234

Immortal
He doesn't get it. He doesn't know how to run at a hole, he wants the ball first. I'm even worried about him on the wing. Good fullback but also lack cohesion with the rest of the backline and on those shifts where a simple draw and pass or tap on might hinder the attack.
I'd play him at 14 with a roving role in the last 15 of each half.
He did seem to get slower over the season

dunno if that was just realising how poor they were

Latest posts