What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand, Samoan, Tongan or Fijian passport offering

hitman82

Bench
I reckon it's some kind of set-up to rid Australia of "undesirables". Watch for the poison gas clouds during pre-match. And you're all racist, you racists.

ozbash

Referee
So you wouldn't mind I referred to all islanders at coconuts or freeloaders, or council workers or night club bouncers as I could possibly find that amusing?

You call them what you like, I'm sure you got a full range of insults from your pink spandex clad friends down at Stallions Bar.

I,d like to be around when you commit suic, oops , i mean call the Island boys (and some of the girls :lol: ) these names that seem to roll so easily off your tongue...

Dogaholic

First Grade
You call them what you like, I'm sure you got a full range of insults from your pink spandex clad friends down at Stallions Bar.

I,d like to be around when you commit suic, oops , i mean call the Island boys (and some of the girls :lol: ) these names that seem to roll so easily off your tongue...

Why would I do that when I can be a big man like the turds on this forum and do it from the saftey of this forum? ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sonny Bill's idea sparks racism outrage...
17-07-08

BULLDOGS fans are split - but those left out might only have to wait their turn.
Chief executive Todd Greenburg waved a calming hand last night as fans became angered at what they believe is a discriminatory promotion.
The club will grant free entry to any fan who can produce a New Zealand, Fijian, Tongan or Samoan passport before Saturday night's game against New Zealand.
The passports will need to be shown to attendants at Gate B of ANZ Stadium. Early indications suggest the attendants are in for a torrid time.
Deflecting anger, Greenburg said the promotion was merely the first of many initiatives the club has planned to attract fans. Lebanese fans will also have their day, as will fans with an Australian heritage.
"This is the first of different initiatives we are doing with different parts of the community," Greenburg said.
Related Links

"We think it is a really good fit for the Warriors game specifically."
When announced yesterday the promotion quickly stirred debate, with some roundly applauding as others labelled it a case of reverse racism.
Many of the club's Lebanese fans also felt, with some justification, that they had been snubbed.
However, Greenburg last night moved to take the sting out of the criticism, saying other demographics will also have their day.
The news was a warm relief for fans of the club that has promoted itself as the multicultural club and has a fan base dominated by Lebanese and Middle Eastern fans.
Many of those fans inundated forums yesterday expressing their anger at the snub.
"This is . . . ing bull . . . ! Why can't my mate get in for free on his Thai passport?" wrote Inside Bebo News on the Dogs fan site, The Kennel.
"Just because I do not live in the Islands I have to pay," said David, of Sydney. "Discrimination case if I have ever seen one."
One Bulldog supporter, calling himself Lebanese Bulldog on The Kennel, wrote, "Yeh bro, that's me in for free".
He may have been being facetious.
Greenburg says the Dogs will search for other games that provide a fit with different fan demographics to promote in the future.
As honest as the Dogs' intentions are, though, a night celebrating Australia's heritage is fraught with danger.
However, Greenburg was dip- lomatic.
"We might have Australia Day, who knows?" he said.
"We are open to all sorts of ideas.
"This is a first-up attempt at something and we will continue to try different things.
"I want to be a leader of a club that tries different things and if we get criticised, shoot us down. But we want to try different things at this club to get fans through the gate."
Allegations the ploy is racist are not absolutely true, as white citizens holding passports from those countries are included in the free entry.
Alternatively, citizens with Maori or other Polynesian heritage, but without a passport, will have to pay like other Australian-born fans.
The ploy stirred widespread debate around the rugby league community yesterday when The Daily Telegraph kick-started debate with an online poll.
Several years ago the Sydney Roosters ran a similar promotion, allowing Kiwi passport holders free entry.
While also playing the Warriors, that promotion was a self-deprecating jab at the Roosters' own supporter base, which is Bondi.
The plan is a deliberate, if misguided, attempt to cater for the growing whims of Sonny Bill Williams, who recently threatened to leave the club amid claims he was not properly respected as a team leader.
Williams has recently begun campaigning for the rights of Polynesian players who, he believes, are not always afforded the same rights as players of anglo-saxon heritage.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24031193-5006066,00.html

Encurly

Juniors
17th July 2008

The Misubishi Electric Bulldogs have announced that as part of their Polynesian day celebrations all first grade players have adopted islander inspired names. The team sheet for Saturday night's game is

1. Burntoa Crisp
2. Hasamelma Sri
3. Tarilmi Lard
4. Tim Winitana
5. Heka Nanai
6. Tanilol Sworth
7. Arana Taumata
8. Jarat'hi Key
9. Coriori Hughes
10. Fui Fui Briggs
11. Sonibil’il Iams
12. Antaru Ryan
13. Reni Maitua

14. Cris’ar Mit’af
15. Lee Te Maari
16. Sione Kite
17. Beniro Berts

Chief Executive Tot'garin Burgh says this new innovation was an exciting development in the promotion of the game. "We're looking forward to more themed team sheets in future", he added.

shiznit

Coach
17th July 2008

The Misubishi Electric Bulldogs have announced that as part of their Polynesian day celebrations all first grade players have adopted islander inspired names. The team sheet for Saturday night's game is

1. Burntoa Crisp
2. Hasamelma Sri
3. Tarilmi Lard
4. Tim Winitana
5. Heka Nanai
6. Tanilol Sworth
7. Arana Taumata
8. Jarat'hi Key
9. Coriori Hughes
10. Fui Fui Briggs
11. Sonibil’il Iams
12. Antaru Ryan
13. Reni Maitua

14. Cris’ar Mit’af
15. Lee Te Maari
16. Sione Kite
17. Beniro Berts

Chief Executive Tot'garin Burgh says this new innovation was an exciting development in the promotion of the game. "We're looking forward to more themed team sheets in future", he added.
WTF??? was that supposed to be funny....

those made up names dont even look poly....

God-King Dean

Immortal
" We might have Australia Day, who knows? " he said.

:lol:
Is this d*ckhead the full quid ?

So... if someone of ethnic background goes to game, expects to get in for free and is denied this they'll say " Why not !? "

" Because you're not Australian ! "

I hope it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.