What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

RABK

Referee
Justin Hodges
Brent Tate
Shaun Berrigan

Should make one of them our priority. Broncos can't keep them all.

RABK

Referee
I think Smith is after Ryles and Ryles only in the forwards - he has apparently already offered him a deal/had talks with him.

Don't forget Smiths England connections - and with both Talau and Vaealiki interested in returns to the NRL i wouldn't be suprised to see them be linked to us at some stage.

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Adam MacDougall
3. Berrigan/Vaealiki/Tate/Whatuira/Talau
4. Brad Tighe
5. James McManus/Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Walsh/Deurea/Monaghan/Dobson/Lewis/Smith
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Steve Simpson
12. Mark Taufua
13. Danile Abraham

14. Mitchell Sargent
15. Cory Patterson
16. Daniel Tolar
17. Adam Woolnough

Newton, Carmont, Tanner, Thaiday etc let go.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
1.Kurt Gidley
2.David Seage
3.Paul Whaturia
4.Shontayne Hape
5.Akuila Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Michael Monaghan
8.Brent Kite
9.Danny Buderus
10.Mitchell Sargent
11.Steve Simpson
12.Clint Newton
13.Daniel Abraham

14.Josh Perry
15.Cory Patterson
16.Bronson Harrison
17.Milton Thaiday/Anyone

Alex28

Coach
I would think our priorities would be:

* Front Rower - very much dependent on what Perry does (or what the club decides to do with him). If we lose him and dont get a top quality replacement...I would think we are in for a world of pain next year.

* Centre - the half would be great and all, but if we don't have the players to run into the gaps then there is little point in having a great halves pairing. We badly need a top quality centre.

* then a Half...

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
well the side i picked i kinda hope perry can improve under smithy and witht he money we have to spend we should be able to sign most if not all of them if they wanted to come

But i also wouldn't mind

1.Kurt Gidley
2.Brent Tate
3.Paul Whaturia
4.Mad Dog
5.Akuila Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Piri Weepu
8.Jason Ryles
9.Danny Buderus
10.Mitchell Sargent
11.Steve Simpson
12.Clint Newton
13.Daniel Abraham

14.Bronson Harrison
15.Adam Woolnough
16.Cory Patterson
17.Milton Thaiday Or Good Utility

Jono078

Referee
Danny Weidler said on the Footy Show that Josh Lewis (halfback) is leaving the Roosters in maybe a few days.

Would be a solid mid season pick up, but Walsh, Dureau and Karawana wont be too happy about that.

Id be happy if we snapped him up btw.

RABK

Referee
I don't rate him and don't think he's better than either Walsh or Dureau in any facet of playmaking.

CJKnight

Juniors
There has to be a reason the Roosters got rid of Finch, and then dropped Lewis for Wayne Pierce's boy.

I thought Shontayne Hape had signed with bradford on a long term deal. However there is talk Matt King and Ryles may both go to the bulls. If we got Hape then we would have a world class centre with plenty of toe and also a great defence. Frankly Smithy's time at the bulls last season could be ahughe bonus for us. Jamie Langley would be the icing on the cake. The best forward in England.

Burwood

Bench
Newcastle are close to tabling offers to Sika Manu and Matthew Cross.

If you are keen for Newcastle to sign players with potential, and not necessarily already established first graders, then these two boys fit the bill very nicely.

Jono078

Referee
Matthew Cross is ok, but nothing we havnt got already, only thing is he'd probably be cheaper than a Newton.

No idea on Manu.

RABK

Referee
Manu i've heard big raps on, an absolute monster of a kid. A cross between the defence of Matt Rua and the running game of Gordon Tallis. Talent is certainly there.

roopy

Referee
Manu is another 20 year old from Wellington.
That will give us Natusch, Laban, Karawana and Manu from Wellington - and we were trying to sign a kid from there in the off season and i think (but am far from sure) that it was that huge McBain kid how has his first starting game as prop in Flegg today after 2 off the bench.

CJKnight

Juniors
Yeah, but none of these Kiwi players have any endurance do they? They are usually only good for the first 20 minutes and then runout of puff... look at the Warriors in past years.

RABK

Referee
Natusch for such a big kid plays a solid 50 minutes every game and is bashing blokes from start to finish.

Certainly makes the blokes who carry the stretchers earn their money.

CJKnight

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Natusch for such a big kid plays a solid 50 minutes every game and is bashing blokes from start to finish.

Certainly makes the blokes who carry the stretchers earn their money.

Good to know, and I think Tuafua plays quite a few minutes too doesn't he?

As long as they can put in solid minutes on the field rather than using up unecessary interchanges I have no problem.

I wouldnt complain about a Fui Fui Moi Moi Style of player at the Knights they may be good for only 15-20mins on the paddock but atleast they will be an enforcer which is something the knights lack in a huge way.

keeney

First Grade
M. Cross never seemed all that impressive. That Storm kid looks interesting as hell though. Both are certainly consistent with Smith's love of size.

Spike

First Grade
Baron Vo Mandor said:
I wouldnt complain about a Fui Fui Moi Moi Style of player at the Knights they may be good for only 15-20mins on the paddock but atleast they will be an enforcer which is something the knights lack in a huge way.

He also spends his fair share of time on the sidelines suspended or injured.

Latest posts