What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

Yosh

Coach
macavity said:
Mad Pup is decent yosh - as long as he has Adam holding his hand...

I see I see, well consider that they are playing on opposite sides of the field doesnt really help then.....

roopy

Referee
Yosh said:
I see I see, well consider that they are playing on opposite sides of the field doesnt really help then.....
they won't - i think that tighe must like the 4 jersey - because he always grabs it at training but plays in the 3 position.
I suspect Matt Gidley stretched the 3 jersey and Brad can't show off his muscles in it.

Frederick

Staff member
WicksDanny.jpg

DANNY WICKS
DOB: 5 December 1985
Starsign: Sagittarius
Height (cm): 190cm
Weight (kg): 110kg
Nickname: Wixee

2007 stats so far:
Appearances: 7
Interchange: 5
Tackles: 158
Tackles 1 on 1: 12
Tackles Ineffective: 0
Tackles Missed: 15
Runs/Hitups (metres): 48 (421)
Offloads: 2
Penalties Conceded: 2
Errors: 4

Jono078

Referee
Frederick said:
Michael Young :arrow: Re-signed for a further year

SOURCE
He probably isnt on much money, but I dont see much in him, he doesnt seem that mobile or fit imo.

He is basically Tanner but plays hooker.

roopy

Referee
Players currently Off Contract

Abes - no word yet
Newton - gone
Tanner - no word yet
Carmont - no word yet
Perry - gone
Woolnough - gone
Brown - no word yet
Cooper - no word yet - not setting the world on fire
Dureau - no word - out of favour
Gordon - no word but the coach likes him
Grant - gone to Norths
Hession - no word
Laban - no word
McCosker - on fire in the real NRL with 9 tries from 8 games for Macquarie and in the Newie rep side (we could do with a big 20 year old centre in good form you would think)
Natusch - no word
Salkeld - probably gone
Sorrensen - never any good apparently
Steel - getting a few games
Thaiday - probably gone
Wooden - again playing well in the real nrl after being injured in the trials
Young - signed

Misanthrope

Staff member
Is Perry's departure confirmed? Last I heard he was waiting until this weekend was over to begin serious negotiations with anybody

keeney

First Grade
From the interview with Smith plus all the conjecture about Manly you'd say yes in an unofficial way. Smith basically said 'Perry won't be here next year'.

RABK

Referee
Seems Young will be our bench Utility next year covering 1-6, hooker and backrow. After tonights performance you cannot argue.

Yosh

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
Seems Young will be our bench Utility next year covering 1-6, hooker and backrow. After tonights performance you cannot argue.

Does this add to the fact that Smith can get much more from every player then Hagan could? Personally I think so.

BRIAN FTW!!!:D

roopy

Referee
You have to wonder where skinny young finds those huge hits he comes up with once or twice a game.
In attack he couldn't bruise a grape - but he just lines a guy up and bangs him down every now and again.

aqua_duck

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
I'd rather Terrence, abit more flair