What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Tooheys Cup

whatsdoing1982

Juniors
It looks like it is going to be one of the tightest and toughest comps in a long time. All the clubs have bought well. I think anyone can win it this year.

Lakes: Are looking really strong again this year and their reserve grade side could even win the comp for them it is that strong.
Macquarie: Have gained strength in the forwards but have lost nearly all their backline
Nelson Bay: Lost a lot of players from last year but always seem to recruit well from NZ.
Cessnock: Have signed a few key players to add to their core team. Always strong
West: Have opened the cheque book since they come 5th last year.
Souths: A good range of players again and they too have have bought well.
Raymond Terrace: They have had some great trials against some big clubs. I think they are up for a big year.
Kurri: Not sure about Kurri because they always seem to pull players from the woodwork very late. Always a suprise.
Wyong: Have also opened the cheque book and are probably sick of finishing down the bottom. They realised very quickly the Newcastle comp is so much stronger than the Cenrtal Coast comp.
Central: Up for a big year. Slowly growing stronger over the years but this year could be a big improvement.

Players to watch this year would be.

Chris Swan (West)
Kirt Hancock (West)
Paul Stringer (Wyong)
Wes Tillet (Macquarie)
Jay Bolton (Macquarie)
Blake Mueller (Lakes)
Leo Dynevor (Cessnock)

whatsdoing1982

Juniors
Mad Goanna said:
Leo is not playing with Cessnock, he is playing in Wollongong

Sorry, someone told me he was. He is always great to have in your side as an impact player. Good luck to him in Wollongong

Coastbloke

Bench
I know someone on the board at Lakes, and says they are really training well....

He has high hopes this year and says the only question is who Lakes will play come the Grand Final...!!

whatsdoing1982

Juniors
Coastbloke said:
I know someone on the board at Lakes, and says they are really training well....

He has high hopes this year and says the only question is who Lakes will play come the Grand Final...!!

They are the team to beat again this year. A great coach and great recruitment. As I said the depth in this club is massive.

BJW#84

Juniors
whatsdoing1982 said:
It looks like it is going to be one of the tightest and toughest comps in a long time. All the clubs have bought well. I think anyone can win it this year.

Lakes: Are looking really strong again this year and their reserve grade side could even win the comp for them it is that strong.
Macquarie: Have gained strength in the forwards but have lost nearly all their backline
Nelson Bay: Lost a lot of players from last year but always seem to recruit well from NZ.
Cessnock: Have signed a few key players to add to their core team. Always strong
West: Have opened the cheque book since they come 5th last year.
Souths: A good range of players again and they too have have bought well.
Raymond Terrace: They have had some great trials against some big clubs. I think they are up for a big year.
Kurri: Not sure about Kurri because they always seem to pull players from the woodwork very late. Always a suprise.
Wyong: Have also opened the cheque book and are probably sick of finishing down the bottom. They realised very quickly the Newcastle comp is so much stronger than the Cenrtal Coast comp.
Central: Up for a big year. Slowly growing stronger over the years but this year could be a big improvement.

Players to watch this year would be.

Chris Swan (West)
Kirt Hancock (West)
Paul Stringer (Wyong)
Wes Tillet (Macquarie)
Jay Bolton (Macquarie)
Blake Mueller (Lakes)
Leo Dynevor (Cessnock)
Your kidding aren't you? Wyong made the semis every year except for lasy year and were regularly in the top 2 with Wests in almost every grade. I remember a few seasons of having Wests and Wyong on the top in every grade. If Wyong came back to the Central Coast they would be up there but would no find it very hard to win.

I'll just remind you the scores from the trials between The Entrance and Wyong in 2007

First Grade: The Entrance 20 bt Wyong 16
Reserves: The Entrance 58 bt Wyong 10

Your opinion seems pretty judged or you are ill-informed. Look at the history books and you will see that Wyong have been right up there since they came in to the Newcastle comp excluding last year but they will be right up there again this year. By the way, I hate Wyong but I couldn't help but bite at how badly misguided you are with that one comment. The rest of your post looks alright.

macavity

Referee
how good are Souths going

some former knights there - Tremain-Cannon, Spiteri....

Spits could have made FG if he only had to play offence....

Spike

First Grade
macavity said:
how good are Souths going

some former knights there - Tremain-Cannon, Spiteri....

Spits could have made FG if he only had to play offence....

You can add Michael Doggett, Chris Tyrie, Mitchell Bowe and Michael Fortier to former Knights at Souths

Mad Goanna

Juniors
Rep Team for game on May 12
1. Dean Amos (Wyong)
2. Mick Fortier (Souths)
3. Aaron Resch (West)
4. Joel Rawlings (Lakes)
5. Willie Poleo (Cessnock)
6. Paul Skovgaard (C) (Lakes)
7. Warick Colley (Northern Blues)
8. Dan Hagan (Lakes)
9. Adrian McNab (Cessnock)