What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Vs Storm *Spoiler*

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Im sick of us getting towelled 4-5 times a year. It's sh*t we just switch completely off, every year they go through periods where nobody plays footy. Fair enough if we get beaten by 8 points or something and have a real dig, but even with the ref against us the team collapsed and gave up after 30 minutes.

strewth_mate

Bench
There's always situations, and it frustrates me watching any game, where a team will get penalised defending in the opposition 20, gifting a free ride downfield and relieving pressure. You can pretty much predict it'll happen. Seems it was a common occurrence tonight and at times I don't think we can blame anyone but our own poor discipline for the massive weight against us.

Blowouts are never an indication of the game. Any team can put on a cricket score when the opposition are flogged by circumstances just right. Even tonight, our team, which is admittedly one of the worst, put on a flogging in Oztag (yes, :lol:) because there came a point where the game was a shadow of itself. We were made to look bloody good. I'd stop short of saying that about the Storm, because they really are that good, and I won't take anything away from their performance, but these are the kind of nights were the little variables are just that little bit skewed in one team's favour.

It certainly amplifies the disparity, it even happened last week against the Eels to an extent. All it means for us is that the scoreboard will ensure we cop a bad rap for a while longer :lol: Glad it's not just me that gets bitter about the 'influence of factors'...

Apey

Staff member
Tries: Steve Turner (2), Anthony Quinn (3), Ryan Hoffman, Billy Slater (2), Matt King
Goals: Cameron Smith (3/7), Steve Turner (1/2)

Newton too much of a twig to be named on here? :crazy:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think the most frustrating thing from my perspective (and perhaps most Knights fans) is that we have a good young team at our disposal at the moment, but we're just simply not good enough to match it with the better teams in the competition. The signs are promising for the upcoming years, but to be honest I think I would prefer us to miss the semis than limp into eighth and get another touchup by Melbourne down there in the first week of the finals.

Whats Doing

Bench
I don't disagree that the referee didn't help but even if there was 50-50 share of posssession, the Storm were clearly a better side by at least 24 points.

They were clearly quicker in the play the ball, they dominated the rucks, they have fantastic structure in attack and defence for the whole 80 minutes and their kicking game was spot on.

It is this superiority that is what I am talking about. No point blaming the ref for our short comings as he only amplified the deficiencies in our game.

We need to concentrate on building the skills of the team and not external factors that we cannot control.

CWBush said:
I wish Laurie Daley would die. Not in a joking way, either. I hate him so much. He's the most f**king stupid human being on the planet. Death is the only cure for stupidity of that level.

I wouldnt go as far as death, but his non stop praising of the storm was sending me mad, but Dog's try that was like getting spread eagled and kicked in the nuts.

Sooooooo cut but atleast we cant play any worse....

Jono078 said:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22084491-5006066,00.html

Anyone a bit concerned about that article?

Buderus seems really frustrated.

Not sure if it'd injury, not getting over the top of C. Smith or what? :?

After reading that article, two things need to happen Buderus needs to be given a week off no questions asked as well as Simpson IMO to freshen them up after origin.

And more importantly, some maniac needs to kneecap newton SMUG merkin!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We can't afford to give Buderus and Simpson a rest imo. If we want to be any shot of making the semis (which we probably don't deserve to be in), then we need all hands on deck for the remaining 6 or so weeks.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Living up in Brissy I didn't really hear much about the departure of Newton, so I didn't have a problem with him going.
After his reaction to scoring last night I just wanted to slap the living sh*t out of him for hours on end.
Cocky prick.

Knightmare

Coach
Well trendsetters, there is an upside to our Monday night of doom. All game I was giving Newton a spray, making comments about his loyalty as well as sarcastically telling him I hoped he didn't walk into a jet engine like his old man. Then after the game finished, following another spray, I saw the players doing a victory lap and Dani informed me this was what the team do after every win at home. Like a flash I was down by the fence. Newton was the last to walk along, but I waited for him knowing that plenty of you on here would hate me if I didn't do what this chance had presented to me.
So he walked by, and amidst the Storm fans saying well done I held my Knights bag up with the logo clear for him to see and yelled "You're a turncoast and a wanker Newton!" He saw me and laughed and I followed up with "Piss off and never come back!" and then flipped him the bird. I was sort of hoping he'd say something back or try to fight me- it would've been worth getting my arse kicked. I hate him even more now. That and the other good thing was finding a copy of 'Babes of RALPH' on the ground as I walked out of Olympic Park. Emily Scott is looking very nice! :LOL:

Juniors
newtown had a top game, i didnt see one knights player even try and put a shot on him, lol, proberbly too busy running back from behind the goal posts all night, too tired to do anything after that HAHAHAHA

Bicey_18

Bench
1999 said:
newtown had a top game, i didnt see one knights player even try and put a shot on him, lol, proberbly too busy running back from behind the goal posts all night, too tired to do anything after that HAHAHAHA

Who is Newtown? New up and coming player? Never heard of him...

You can laugh now... but I doubt you will be come GF night

The image of Hoffman crying? Here it comes again :)

Zoidberg said:
Living up in Brissy I didn't really hear much about the departure of Newton, so I didn't have a problem with him going.
After his reaction to scoring last night I just wanted to slap the living sh*t out of him for hours on end.
Cocky prick.

Jolly well said old chap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts