What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News On Mateo?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Oh I rate Rosscoe.
But if it means getting Mateo.....well, there is nobody in the forwards except Dougie & Gal I wouldnt trade.

Inferno

Coach
Ross is a great prop, but he sure as hell isn't worth 400k. Dogs would be in with a good shot considering they are losing O'Meley, who was offered 330K(?) and most likely Utai who was a regular international at the time of his last contract. Add to that they lost Asotasi, Myles and Shrek in a short space of time, you would definitely assume they are looking for forwards.

Inferno

Coach
The tits, perhaps. They definitely need more depth in the front row department.

Doubt Sticky would let him go though without picking up a suitable replacement.

I am definitely not overly happy with a Dougy, Stapler, Loo Loo, Weston/Selmes rotation.

sharks8601

Juniors
big call reefy
id fine it hard to trade birdy
i was at parra stadium on saturday
he is a top player though
i know why reefy has big wraps on him

samshark

Juniors
Couldnt we afford him without offloading anyone?

Noddy gone - $450k
Try and offload Hannay - $180k
Simmons maybe - $120k ??

I know a few players have had upgrades but werent we already under the cap

Weaponhead

Coach
Mateo has the X factor that very few in the game have. Add him to our current squad and we will go to the next level. Not many forwards can chip, run like a centre, hit hard etc.

Ross is a good player but I don't see any value in him tying up that level of cash. Dougie is the best prop prospect in the game and will lead this pack in 18 months time. We just need some hard nuts to go with him. Melbourne has gone for a rotation of decent props and improved them ie White, Kaufusi, Jeff Lima etc. None were stars when they arrived. Their job is simple, take it up hard, tackle hard and let the class players do their thing. Our problem is the lack of class not the grunt. Therefore, the priority is to get class and Mateo has that in spades.

Inferno

Coach
Bird has setup more tries this year than Mateo. Jury is still out on whether the chip and chase was a fluke or not.

How much do you think it would cost to get him?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I couldnt give a flying f*ck about the chip & chase to be honest. Its just another part of his armoury.

Bird looks like becoming a decent player.

mateo will be a star.

no Jury required.

How much will he cost?

A f*cking lot.

PJ

First Grade
I really hate getting excited about a player and then missing out.

The Parra forum seem pretty confident he is staying, hope they are wrong.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Me too PJ.
I get the feeling though that Stick has moved on the signings this last week in order to finalsise the squad & to land mateo.
He will be our last purchase I would suspect.
Plan B(no mateo) could see us move on a few older players.

ali

Bench
How old is Mateo? He´s been around a while. Used to play for the London Broncos!