What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News On Mateo?

Special K

Coach
Don't think he is that old. Pretty sure he played some flegg last year?He went to the broncos on loan like Dobson did last year with the raiders.

roboshark

Coach
eels fans pretty confident he will go to manly or stay with eels

not much hope for sharks

at this stage...we dont seem to be ( rumoured) signing anyone, despite RS saying we are 3 or so top plaers away from being premiership potential

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Deepthroat saw Mateo twice at Toyota before he became ill.

We're right in it up to our armpits.

Mateo looks like a flashy ball player. But I want to know if he is a worker like out established back row. At the moment he might make a good impact player off the bench.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I reckon our back row are pretty flashy actually.
I have seen balls from Paul Gallen better than anything Feleti has thrown up.
I think he has been brought along nicely.
Get some game time under his belt & away he goes.

blacktip-reefy said:
I reckon our back row are pretty flashy actually.
I have seen balls from Paul Gallen better than anything Feleti has thrown up.
I think he has been brought along nicely.
Get some game time under his belt & away he goes.

Bird and Thommo have throw some good offloads too. Gallen, Thommo and Bird are often leading the way with hit ups, metres gained and tackles. When mateo can show those stats then I reckon only then does he deserve to start ahead of the players we already have.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
he is like the octopus of the ruck.
He can kick the ball the length of the field.
he knows what players will do, before they do.
he can step 3 ways.
he knows more rules than the referees.
he loves his hair.

imasharkie

Coach
EDGAR44 said:
Rumour has it we have him for 2 years

We now know that didn't happen, but why didn't it when the man himself says this:

The key to the 23-year-old's loyalty is his favourite all-time player, Jim Dymock - who is also Tonga's coach.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21855312-5006066,00.html

Damn why didn't we exploit this.
He could've been promised the Tongan captaincy or a life membership of the Tongan Rugby League.
Anything it would've been worth it.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
imasharkie said:
We now know that didn't happen, but why didn't it when the man himself says this:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21855312-5006066,00.html

Damn why didn't we exploit this.
He could've been promised the Tongan captaincy or a life membership of the Tongan Rugby League.
Anything it would've been worth it.

I'm sure it was used as a selling point Uncle but $$$ talk. Parra was always going to get last offer at the kid and we'd already forked out for McNichol

imasharkie

Coach
CHAOS said:
I'm sure it was used as a selling point Uncle but $$$ talk. Parra was always going to get last offer at the kid and we'd already forked out for McNichol

Lets hope McNichol turns out to be the better player.