What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Jets 2024

Frenzy.

Immortal
Jets win 26-10 after being behind at half-time.

Hunt and TPT turned the game, really rolled through the Dragons middles. A couple of very classy touches feom Rajab too, including one to set up a try. Strong game from Leiu.
Do you know hen Khaled turned up at the Jets?

Don Tweddle

Juniors
OK, next question

Is he a Shark or a Jet

I posted this last year when the Sharks were interested. In the rumour thread
I’m guessing a Jet. Surely there would be some mention of it in the media if an NRL side picked up a new player.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Jets team v Blacktown Workers

1. Kade Dykes
2. Thomas Rodwell
3. Mawene Hiroti
4. Jackson Ferris
5. Samuel Stonestreet
6.Khaled Rajab
7. Niwhai Puru
8. Rhys Dakin
9.Samuel Healey
10. Brad Fearnley
11. Kyle Pickering
12. Billy Burns
13. Blake Hosking

15. Jordin Leiu
17. Billy Magoulias
18. Josh Cook
21. Addison Demetriou

22. Jordan Swann

I saw an interview with Khaled Rajab about joining the Jets - he only came across last Monday.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Jets team v Blacktown Workers

1. Kade Dykes
2. Thomas Rodwell
3. Mawene Hiroti
4. Jackson Ferris
5. Samuel Stonestreet
6.Khaled Rajab
7. Niwhai Puru
8. Rhys Dakin
9.Samuel Healey
10. Brad Fearnley
11. Kyle Pickering
12. Billy Burns
13. Blake Hosking

15. Jordin Leiu
17. Billy Magoulias
18. Josh Cook
21. Addison Demetriou

22. Jordan Swann

I saw an interview with Khaled Rajab about joining the Jets - he only came across last Monday.
I saw one too. Maybe the same. The ponytail was gone and he asked about it

Interesting in the centres that Ve'alla is back in flegg with Gabrael.

Hiroti been moved to the centres and partnering Ferris.

As now round 10 I believe you can bring more options to first grade.

I could be wrong with Talakai going into forwards and body frame changing, is now Hiroti next man up if a centre goes down for a couple of weeks.
I would love Ferris to be injury free for a year

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Jets get the win 22-16 over Blacktown after a last-minute Dykes try, his third of the day.
Thought Bradbury looked a lot more confident in this game, was hitting the line harder than he has before. Puru continues to struggle with end-of-set options but ultimately the Jets found a way to win today despite playing with a depleted forward pack.

Last edited:
Jets get the win 22-16 over Blacktown after a last-minute Dykes try, his third of the day.
Thought Bradbury looked a lot more confident in this game, was hitting the line harder than he has before. Puru continues to struggle with end-of-set options but ultimately the Jets found a way to win today despite playing with a depleted forward pack.
Nice positive about Dykes and Bradbury.

Bradbury would be long term prop, he came here with big wraps but just a kid, 18 months in the system

Frenzy.

Immortal
How was Disco's defence though?

I notice Stonestreet topped 200 metres again 2 games in a row.

Hosking stats looked good, I think he will be that player in 2025 who gets 1-3 games in the NRL.

Bradbury as well looked ok.

I notice a guy off the bench Jordan Swan he was on a train and trial from start of season, came over from Roosters, I wonder if Fitz sees something in him long term

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Team v Newcastle this weekend. Dykes injured again?

1. Liam Ison
2. Thomas Rodwell
3. Jackson Ferris
4. Mawene Hiroti
5. Samuel Stonestreet
6. Khaled Rajab
7. Niwhai Puru
8. Rhys Dakin
9. Samuel Healey
10. Max Bradbury
11. Kyle Pickering
12. Billy Burns