What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Jets Lineup - Round 4 v Manly

Jeffles

Bench
1. Aidan Kirk,
2. Michael Lett,
3. Lelea Paea,
4. Vince Mellars,
5. Troy Malcolm,
6. Setaimata Sa,
7. Josh Lewis,
8. Charles Tonga,
9. Heath L'Estrange,
10. Glenn Hall,
11. Mark Edmonson,
12. Steve Meredith,
13. Daniel Dumas

INTERCHANGE:
14. David Vial,
15. Ryan Dickson,
16. Luke Gordon,
17. Grant Millington,
20. Mickey Paea
(one to be omitted).

-----

Manly have been pretty strong of late. They were the only team to beat Newtown at home last year and they were also semi finalists.

I'm working on Saturday so hopefully someone puts p a match report quick smart on Saturday night :D

2 True Blues

Coach
Good to see TONGA and Lelea back in the line-up, but where is DOYLE. Is he injured. Lafi must be injured too then ?? How bad are the injuries if so ??

2 True Blues

Coach
See that we have that ref Tony DE LAS HEROS for this game. This bloke has absolutely given us crap in the line ball decisions in past seasons, he has killed us. Hope he does a fairer job today. I always cringe when see that we have him as ref.

Who is going to the game today ??? I am heading out in about 50 minutes. Word on the Roosters website was that tickets have been selling well during the week so should be a big crowd.

Go the Mighty Jets !!!

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Mickey Paea is apparently lining up in Flegg.. Watch him when he is 100%, he is an animal.. Extremely hard to tackle..

effnic

Bench
we were killing them something like 38-0 at half time. Newtown made a great comback but not good enough.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Ah wise man say - you feathers yet to be plucked!!!!!!!!!!!! July 8th Henson Park you gonna be one Bald Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucks1972

Juniors
To be honest the score line flattered the Jets.

They were not in the game at all in the first half and almost appeared as if Manly "put the cue back in the rack" after scoring the first try of the second half.

The key to the Jets comeback as Luke Gordon coming of the bench for Heath L'Estrange. The enthusiasm and go forward he injected into the Jets team provided the imputus for change. All of a sudden the Jets started going forward, the forwards lifted and the Jets piled a stack of points.

Big Charlie Tonga never stopped trying and can certainly hold his high. The experiment of Sa at five-eigth can be considered a failure in my opinion. He has been a strong performer for the Jets all season at lock, but seemed to be out of his depth at five-eigth. Very limited in attacking options. This seemed to put added pressure onto the young shoulders of Josh Lewis.

hrundi99

First Grade
bucks1972 said:
The key to the Jets comeback as Luke Gordon coming of the bench for Heath L'Estrange. The enthusiasm and go forward he injected into the Jets team provided the imputus for change. All of a sudden the Jets started going forward, the forwards lifted and the Jets piled a stack of points.

Big Charlie Tonga never stopped trying and can certainly hold his high.

Spot on...

2 True Blues

Coach
Think it was more like 28 nil at half time ( not 38 ). Shame about Michael LETT going down in the first half. He looked in a lot of pain and was stretchered from the Park not able to return. Why don't they have an injury buggy at Brookie, buggering around with a stretcher was not good. They charge you 22 bucks for general admission and up to $40 to sit in a 1970 grandstand, you'd think they would have a darn buggy. I even went to Macca'a prior to the game and they would not let me in at the gate until I had eaten it, as I was informed they have a policy that no Mcdonalds is allowed into the ground. Obviously cause they want you to buy a 5 dollar pie, and a 3 dollar can of Coke. SHART....

A man down on the bench with over an hour of footy yet to play. Thought HALLY appeared to have injured his shoulder in a tackle also in the second half, and noticed when he came on his arm was already strapped. Hope I am wrong, as would hate to see him injured.

Jets were lacking in defence, and did not start playing till mid way thru the second. Piling on 28 points in short time, and at one stage the score was 38 to 28, but with about 10 minutes left on the clock. Josh LEWIS kicked some good goals from the side line in windy conditions in the second half.

Jets won the second half 28 to 16 but their complete lack of defence in the first half of the game made it almost impossible to win.

Jets held them at 38 to 28 then a charge away try straight thru the defence and down the middle of the park under the posts with only 1 minute left on the clock put the score at Manly 42 Jets 28. The conversion on the hooter but the Bluebags to bed. Manly 44 Jets 28.

The final try putting Jets into the minus's for and against.

The defence HAS to be improved !!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Was just thinking guys. Manly is definately up there with C'berra, Saints and Souths as one of our bogey sides.

Jets only lost to two teams last season twice. Canberra and MANLY. And although the Henson game was closer than the smashing they gave us by 50 points in rd 2 last year, they still did us in jumping over us on the ladder in what was a late charge at the top 4 for the silver tails.

Think Manly have won their last 5 or so in a row against us. Must be time to give them some stick later on this season at Henson Park.........