What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown = NRL

Acka

Coach
If the Sharks do fold/sink why not replace them with Newtown Jets ?

That would be awesome. I went to Henson Park last year and I've got to tell you it was great. I actually have a bit of a craving for a can of KB right now.

adamkungl

Immortal
ive always wondered why there has been little sympathy for newtown exiting the comp..

because their area today consists of pretty much a single suburb sandwiched between South Sydney, St George, and Wests? There's no point. Even Cronulla's area is massive in comparison.

bluebayou

Juniors
We always want to play at Henson Park. It would need about $100 million dollars to transform it into an NRL acceptable ground, which would never be approved by the Council or the NSW Govt. What is needed is:

A committment by the NRL to support the NSW Cup.

NSW Cup games being played, as far as possible, before NRL games and being televised.

Recognition that the Toyota Cup is just a glorified Jersey Flegg under 20 comp, and shouldn't be promoted at the expense of the NSW Cup.

Financial support from the NSWRL for the NSW Cup teams, including TV and the establishment of a proper and robust second division comp.

Go the Jets, we're on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acka

Coach
We always want to play at Henson Park. It would need about $100 million dollars to transform it into an NRL acceptable ground, which would never be approved by the Council or the NSW Govt. What is needed is:

A committment by the NRL to support the NSW Cup.

NSW Cup games being played, as far as possible, before NRL games and being televised.

Recognition that the Toyota Cup is just a glorified Jersey Flegg under 20 comp, and shouldn't be promoted at the expense of the NSW Cup.

Financial support from the NSWRL for the NSW Cup teams, including TV and the establishment of a proper and robust second division comp.

Go the Jets, we're on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude there is nothing wrong with Henson Park. It is a great ground.

bluebag43

Juniors
It would be Sensational, having our beloved Club back in the Show!

However, we would need some mad Russian Billionaire to take over like they do in the English Premier League!

I guess we can dream!

It wasn't that long ago that we had no team at all, so you never know what the Future holds!

Terry-Randal

Juniors
i would love it jets,balmain and magpies to return and have our old sydney comp back get rid of those foriegners storm broncos cowboys etc yuck. Gosh i wish we were still in the 70s with rex mossip commentating and head eye tackles legal and hippies everywhere.

Sonic Star

Juniors
kick roosters out and replace them with Newtown

no one will complain but rooster fans and no one cares what they think anyways

adamkungl

Immortal
kick roosters out and replace them with Newtown

no one will complain but rooster fans and no one cares what they think anyways

souffs. backstabbers and teritory stealers. done it before and would do it again in a heartbeat. scum. enjoy your victories because next year true to form it will be straight back to the bottom.

Sonic Star

Juniors
souffs. backstabbers and teritory stealers. done it before and would do it again in a heartbeat. scum. enjoy your victories because next year true to form it will be straight back to the bottom.

I caught a fish, he's only a little one though, better throw him back in:lol:

meltiger

First Grade

Rubbish.

Ask any footy club in any sport in the country, at any level be it NRL, AFL, Country Group footy ... Whether they would rather win a second grade premiership or the junior premiership and they would choose the junior premiership every time.

Top line juniors >>>> Daylight >>>> Seniors not good enough for first grade

Rubbish.

Ask any footy club in any sport in the country, at any level be it NRL, AFL, Country Group footy ... Whether they would rather win a second grade premiership or the junior premiership and they would choose the junior premiership every time.

Top line juniors >>>> Daylight >>>> Seniors not good enough for first grade

Not quite the same thing when that "second grade title" is your club's highest possible honour. For Norths, Wests Magpies, Newtown, Balmain, etc. it is. As is it in Queensland for the QRL clubs. And as it is for the UK(and one French) clubs in the English RL Championship.

I personally enjoy watching this semi-pro senior football much more than Toyota Cup. It has a market and the NSW, Qld Cups (not to mention the Championship on SkyTV) demonstrate this on TV every week.

Latest posts