What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown v Western Suburbs: Preliminary Final 28-09-2008

bluebayou

Juniors
superb effort today against a very well qualified team. our defence and our kicking game has improved out of sight.while we shouldnt be favouites, on todays performance we are well up to win next sunday,weve already beaten wenty at ringrose park earlier this year if we can repeat that performance, no reason why we cant win.

joejoe

Juniors
Well done to Newtown and well supported at Newtown (those bloody Blue and White Streamers!) LOL

Good luck in the Grand Final.

Jeffles

Bench
Well done to Newtown and well supported at Newtown (those bloody Blue and White Streamers!) LOL

Truth be told, I had them left over from the 2006 Grand Final and needed to get rid of them. There'll be no more streamers from me.

What a great day to be a Bluebag! Thought we were fantastic with the exception of a 15 minute period in the second half when we let the Maggies back into the match. Still, a great performance overall.

have to mention the great support for the boys in blue, seemed more like a home game...

And those streamers were great too.

Jeffles

Bench
A lot of things went our way. So many kickoff blunders from Wests. It's like they were a bit nervous. We had a great run of possession in the first half as well. It was an excellent half of football by the Blues.

What did we allthink of Wests' intercept try? I though the bloke was offside. It was like watching the start of the Stawell Gift - he was that far in front of the scratch mark.

Special mention must go to our forwards who i thought were all over the wests pack.Well done to the coaching staff who had the boys primed up.:cool:

malabar

Juniors
A lot of things went our way. So many kickoff blunders from Wests. It's like they were a bit nervous. We had a great run of possession in the first half as well. It was an excellent half of football by the Blues.

What did we allthink of Wests' intercept try? I though the bloke was offside. It was like watching the start of the Stawell Gift - he was that far in front of the scratch mark.

I ddnt think he was off side but it did show me the lack of speed or the lack of ability in our stand in fullback, Foley would have got him before West #6 got to the half way. Ive watched foley thru Flegg, Firsts and Newtown, Ive never seen him not catch a player in a cover tackle situation, In fact Im sure Foley is faster when chasing down a player than he is when being chased. I was stressing that the boys were going to do a roosters in the 2nd half after that runaway try, but they stayed tuff.

Latest posts