What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown vs. North Sydney - Frank Hyde Shield decider

Thats right Jeffles, gotta love the bar at the Mollie Dive! And at least there are some Bears fans in that area too.... all ten of them!

Jeffles

Bench
On the Norths forum, Big Steve says it's his birthday. Let's give him a good Newtown present - a JETS victory!!!

Choppies

Coach
Was a quality game at argurably the most beautiful stadium in RL.
But dead set Russel Smith lost the plot.

melon....

Coach
2 True Blues said:
Can someone post a score. Had to work tonight and the suspense is killing me....!!!!!!!!!!!
2 True Blues,

If yo register on the official Roosters site forum, The Wall, you can read live calls from a poster called Birdman33. He takes a laptop out to every Newtown game and posts progress reports every minute onto The Wall.

Teh call this game was awesome.

Soward brained them again. But Stuart keeps playing f**king Finch in firsts. Soward 2 tries, 2 assists, 15 tackles no misses and 2 bell ringers that ended up hospitalising the fullback.

The good news is Nigel Plum returnd off the bench for the second week, after a long layo off with Chrones disease. Thats why he has been missing from the Roosters first grade for the past 10 weeks.

He was tackling like a man possessed. At one stage we had 2 players off, 1 sin bin and 1 sent off in the first half and were 11 on 13. Plum was pole axing the opposition. He is the best technical and hardest defender Ive seen since Bunny Reilly, the original Axe. Plum is the NEW axe for sure. Sounds like I was there, but i wasnt im just repeating what birdman33 calls...its a great detailed call. Give him a try mate.

Great performance.

This team should win the PL comp by a country mile.

bucks1972

Juniors
Choppies said:
Was a quality game at argurably the most beautiful stadium in RL.
But dead set Russel Smith lost the plot.

Couldn't agree more about Russell Smith! Deadset lost the plot, should have been arrested for murder the way he killed this game!! It was not as if he was just killing Newtown he was equally awful. There was no 10 metres at all, there was plenty of niggle allowed to go on. Was talking to the boys after the game and their opinion was he lost control after about 10 minutes and they were as frustrated with the way the game unfolded as the fans were!

Sendoff was fair enough, the spear tackle looked pretty bad and I think Frank-Paul is set for a bit of a stretch on the side lines after that one.

Jeffles

Bench
He blew the pea out of that whistle Mr Smith. A 51 minute first half that should have been longer as Mr Smith didn't even call time off any of the three times he used the sin bin in the first half!!!!!

A great turnout of fans from both sides and a good time at Percy's afterwards.

2 True Blues

Coach
How do I register for the wall mate. What is the site .com etc ????

Did MELLARS play for the Jets as listed ???

2 True Blues

Coach
2 True Blues said:

Thanks Melon !!!!!

Did Vince play for the Jets as listed in the Bears game ???

Great to see that the Jets have finally got a win behind them at Bear Park. Thats another record broken by this team this season.
Add that to the fact that the Jets were not beaten by Canberra in Canberra, and in fact were not beaten by them all season.

Two of the toughest games still remain. And both are at Henson. Jets must beat the two strongest sides in the comp yet to retain their undefeated at Henson in a season record. Parra and the in form St George. Big games both of them, and both games should pull an awesome crowd to Henson Park and decide who finishes where in the top four. Exciting weeks ahead !!!!

Well done Jets, you continue to do us VERY proud !!!!!;-)

2 True Blues said:

Yep Vince did play for the Jets and he had a beer with myself and a couple of my mates after the game.

Good to meet ya Jeffles also.

I was impressed by the Norths fullback so much so after the game we bought him a few beers and had a good chat with him. It's like the old days at North Sydney Oval he works as a plumber during the day heads home to Penrith then drives to NSO for training and then back to Penrith then work again.

2 True Blues

Coach
Sounds like it was a great night mate. Wish I could have been there. Missed three games this season and that is three more than usual.

Just realised that Parra play Saints next weekend. With Saints two points behind us, and Parra equal it can only be a good game re the result either way for the Jets. Having said that Newcastle thrashed the sharks the other week so seem to be in some form, and that form suggests that they will not be easily beaten as they make a late surge at the eight spot, ( which they are currently a win away from acheiving ).

Hasnt the Jets defence improved ten fold since the shaky beginning of the season. Third best defence in the comp by memory, and one of the best attacks to go with it. Saints and Parra are appearing the teams to beat, and we are yet to play them both at home.....

Jeffles

Bench
Southern Rooster said:
Yep Vince did play for the Jets and he had a beer with myself and a couple of my mates after the game.

Good to meet ya Jeffles also.

I was impressed by the Norths fullback so much so after the game we bought him a few beers and had a good chat with him. It's like the old days at North Sydney Oval he works as a plumber during the day heads home to Penrith then drives to NSO for training and then back to Penrith then work again.

Good to meet you too SR.

The Norths fullback is John Russell. I've enjoyed watching him over the past couple of years and talking to some Norths officials, he is highly regarded as a good clubman.

2 True Blues

Coach
So did Vince play for the jets again as he had to make up some games to become eligable for the Prem/league semi's jeffles. seems like there is method in the reason for his drop from the NRL side ??????

bluebag43

Juniors
2TB's, I thought I would explain why you didn't get updates of the score when you had tex'd me on Friday night. I did send updates but on Saturday noticed that none had gone through (Optus advised that my credit had run out) Sorry about that! I thought I'd mentioned that were more Newtown supporters than Bears supporters at the game. When I got off the train there were 4 other Newtown supporters who were on the same train headed for NSO.

2 True Blues

Coach
Great stuff mate. And a great win for the boys. No need to apologise though cobber, just assumed it was an awesome night out !!!!! LOL.....Have put in for REST days on the Parra and Saints game days. Hope I get em !!!!!.

Hey mate were the Jets fans doing any semi warm up chants, Cant wait till we all get together for REAL and let the boys know they have support like we did at last years semi finals !!!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
2 True Blues said:
So did Vince play for the jets again as he had to make up some games to become eligable for the Prem/league semi's jeffles. seems like there is method in the reason for his drop from the NRL side ??????

Just one question per annum answered please Bluebag !!!!Is that too much to ask. Its OK you can kill me after you answer !!!!:lol: ;-) :lol:

Jeffles

Bench
I don't know why Vince was played but he did.

The make up of fans was at least 50-50 in our favour. It looked like we had more because we were all wearing Newtown gear and Norths have little merchandise. We were cetrtainly louder.