What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown vs. North Sydney - Frank Hyde Shield decider

girvie

Staff member
Newtown play the Bears at North Sydney Oval at 7pm this Friday.

It is the decider of the Frank Hyde Shield.

If Newtown win the match then they retain the Shield.

I hope you all come along to the match. It will be great.

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
Anyone thinking of going to this match? I work at St Leonards until 7pm, so could sneak in soon after kick off.

Who from here would be going? And where should I find them?

Also, how much is it to go & watch?

CARNA JETTERS!

JF

Isn't kick off 19:30?
Either way I'll be there with bells on! It's my favourite away game of the year at Bear Park.
The Jets fans will no doubt out number the Bears fans!

bluebag43

Juniors
According to the Club e-mail it starts at 7.00 pm. I'll be going for sure, a number of us will gather near the players race (where they run on). Your more than welcome to join us and make some noise. Carn The Jets!

See you there HPH and is Clive still in Australia and therefore coming along?

2 True Blues

Coach
What will be the Jets team linup for the Bears game???

With MORLEY suspended, ANASTA out and ( was it Ryan CROSS ?? ) also injured for the Roosters do we stand to lose three players to first grade.

I am more concerned about our injury and semi final chances now with so many players injured ETC.

Bears whole season now comes down to one thing. Winning the Frank Hyde Shield as they won't make the top eight anyway. ETC......

I am more concerned about the grand final appearance than I am this game. Thats what really matters.

girvie

Staff member
JF_Bay22_SCG said:
Anyone thinking of going to this match? I work at St Leonards until 7pm, so could sneak in soon after kick off.

CARNA JETTERS!

JF

Yeah you should come.

It's $7.

2 True Blues

Coach
This game will be played as if it was the Bears grandfinal game......Gonna be a tough one with so many players missing from the Jets lineup.

greg

Juniors
Wish I was there, NSO was always one of my favourite grounds. The Oak tree, the old style stands, that mad mascot bear running up and down the touchline and a good drop of old beer across the road, ah the memories.
Jets by 14!

JF_Bay22_SCG said:

CARNA JETTERS!

JF

I will be at Percys from 5.30pm ish onwards.
I can meet ya there. PM me on the other forum if you wish.

Cheers

Jeffles

Bench
This is always the pinnacle of Jets away games (finals excluded). I absolutely love it. Some Jets people think I love it too much.

I'll see you guys at the game. Let's get a good turnout and cheer on the Jets like we have in previous years. I remember HPH and I chanting "Gold Coast Seagulls in disguise" when Norths wore that white shirt.

I want to resurrect the "JET! Woooooooo" cry from the Wings song after we score.

Any more chants for the night - something about how we're BOTH more successful than Cronulla? Help me out :p

Jeffles

Bench
I'll buy some. I already have a couple from my last trip to NSO. They sit on my desk next to my applications to become Jets Chairman (aka my lotto tickets).

I may go to Percy's before the game. I have the Norths Bowling Club in mind as well behind the hill. Club prices are more compatible with my budget.

bluebag43

Juniors
Jeffles, I like the Chant, Blues,Blues,Blues,blues,blues! I take it Percy's is the Pub we went to last year which is just across the road from the beautiful NSO.

BB43, Clive won't be joining us on Friday as he's gone home... But he might be back for the grand final, and Percy's is the pub across the road from NSO.

I'm going with a bloke from work who is a Bears fan that has not been to a Bears game since '99. He's very big Kevv'd! And so am I!!!!

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
Where is everyone sitting? The Bob Stand? The O'Reilly? The Duncan Thompson. What to get a group of us together to support the team?

Maybe somebody can lay the big Newtown flag out & we can all just meet up where the flagbearer decides is best.

Do Bears fans still go to Norths games any more?

JF

Bluebag

Juniors
last time we met the Bears used our supporters over confidence as motivation to step up another gear. We only just and were lucky to win the first encounter so this is a must win and will be a close game.

Jeffles

Bench
JF_Bay22_SCG said:
Where is everyone sitting? The Bob Stand? The O'Reilly? The Duncan Thompson. What to get a group of us together to support the team?

Maybe somebody can lay the big Newtown flag out & we can all just meet up where the flagbearer decides is best.

Do Bears fans still go to Norths games any more?

JF

HPH likes being near the Fig Tree - it's close to the bar in the Mollie Dive.

As for the last part of the question, not really.