What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Vs St George

1st game of the season, who else here is a little bit excited?? Cant bloody wait it seems like the grand final was so long ago, lets try and get as many people there as possible. So far I have 3 people confirmed, trying to get more.

bluebag43

Juniors
I'm VERY excited! If I don't have to help out at the Hill Bar, we should get together and make a bit of noise.

I'm thinking of bringing the bugle I took along for the Home Semi against Penrith last year!

I'll be there, I cant wait to see Jeff power walking his way through the corporate world of the Newtown Jets along with his offsider "H", Bumper running his eye over the quality of play for his reports, Jenny barking out orders to the poor unsuspecting helpers (lets hope that marrickville council has rectified the frog issue), Paul (Mr Smith) standing guard over Tony whilst he prepares the best steak sandwiches available at Henson Park, J.L and the wise crack announcing, ( wonder what the crowd will be for game 1) Scotty and his litle blue drinks cart, but most of all i cant wait for the waft of liniment to hit the air and hear the fabulous sound of two grown men thumping into each other, ahh the footy season has finally arrived.

Bluebag

Juniors
GA,
that is almost poetic, welcome to the Jets forum, quite amusing post it is been pointed out by the bureau of meteorology that when Jeff is walking in the same direction for more than 30minutes he generates mini tornado's such is his walking power.

brendothejet

First Grade
There was rumoured to be an A grade trial before the main game....dunno if it is going ahead though.

Would've given you all a chance to see BTJ in action!

2 True Blues

Coach
bluebag43 said:
I'm VERY excited! If I don't have to help out at the Hill Bar, we should get together and make a bit of noise.

I'm thinking of bringing the bugle I took along for the Home Semi against Penrith last year!

G'day BB43. It's been a long offseason hasn't it !?. I will be there in voice if required mate. ;-) Driving a 600 k plus round trip for this game. GO THE JETS !!!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final teams for the weekend

Newtown Jets

1 Shaun Foley
2 Troy Savage
3 Pierce Sapsford
4 Vince Mellars
5 Aaron Lai
6 Jamie Soward
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Shane Shackleton
9 George Ndaira
10 Willie Brown
11 Danny Williams
12 Nigel Plum
13 Joseph Cahill

14 Rory Kostjasyn
15 Dale Newton
16 Stanley Waqa
17 James Shillington

Where is WILLIAMS from Parra, SA and AUBUSSON ??? Are they playing first grade. ???

See that we have George NDAIRA from last seasons St George side listed at number 9. Will be interesting to see how he goes against his old club. This bloke was one of their few try scorers against us last season in the semi's when he scored right under the posts putting some pressure on last seasons Jets.

bluebag43

Juniors
G'day 2TB's it certainly has been a long off season. Your voice will be most welcome! It is a champion effort to travel the 600k's to Henson, but somehow I knew that you couldn't stand missing it!

greg

Juniors
Shout loud everybody , hope its a good crowd.
I'm not too familiar with Pierce SAPSFORD in the centres. Can anybody enlighten me?
Otherwise not a bad looking side, though many of last years bluebag heroes are in rooster jerseys this weekend. I recall seeing George NDAIRA come off the bench a couple of times last year for the dragons in the NRL. Looked quite handy from memory.

If there is no warm up game and newtown a grade can't make it, maybe BTJ could give us a display of his attacking style against the kiddies that play on henson before the match.......

Snoop Shark

First Grade
greg said:
Shout loud everybody , hope its a good crowd.
I'm not too familiar with Pierce SAPSFORD in the centres. Can anybody enlighten me?
Otherwise not a bad looking side, though many of last years bluebag heroes are in rooster jerseys this weekend. I recall seeing George NDAIRA come off the bench a couple of times last year for the dragons in the NRL. Looked quite handy from memory.

Pierce is a Paddo junior. Only a young fella(could prob play flegg this year). I played against him a few years back in the local A Grade comp(he was 16 at the time), he was playing on the wing.

I dont know if he is a quality centre, looks a bit too slow for my liking. Id swap Pierce for aaron lai position wise- otherwise strong line up

Latest posts