What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newy restaurant suggestions?

astrogirl

First Grade
I'm sure I'm going to use all these suggestions at some time or other :D Thanks guys

We ended up going to Paymasters (recommended by a workmate) and it was lovely and cosy and most importantly Mum loved it.

perverse

Referee
Ducks Crossing - very nice establishment owned by a friend of mine's parents. The mayor and other high profile diners are often sighted there. can't comment on the food personally but it's worth checking out - they have a very high class chef.

Misanthrope

Staff member
With apologies to astro for hijacking her thread.

I'm trying to think of a restaurant in Newcastle where you'd go for a fancy dinner. The kind of place where you could dress up and eat fine food. Does such a locale exist?

And in case you're curious, I just need to know for my book. I have no plans to woo any lucky young ladies just yet. :crazy:

macavity

Referee
perverse said:
Ducks Crossing - very nice establishment owned by a friend of mine's parents. The mayor and other high profile diners are often sighted there. can't comment on the food personally but it's worth checking out - they have a very high class chef.

that is a suburb over from me

might have to take wifey there one day

i like ducks, too!

Spike

First Grade
Mangrove Jacks if you're looking for fancy. I've wooed many a belle at this fine establishment.

Serc

First Grade
macavity said:
that is a suburb over from me

might have to take wifey there one day

i like ducks, too!

Soon as I saw Ducks Crossing i thought of the Ducks Nuts...ahhh memories of 5am swilling :p *gets Newy homesick*

This restaurant isn't anywhere near said pub is it...

(sorry for sending this in the wrong direction, couldn't resist)

Edit: Ah yes its in Eleebana, question answered!

astrogirl

First Grade
Misanthrope said:
With apologies to astro for hijacking her thread.
Hehe I don't mind

Misanthrope said:
I'm trying to think of a restaurant in Newcastle where you'd go for a fancy dinner. The kind of place where you could dress up and eat fine food. Does such a locale exist?
I haven't been there but I'd be inclined to take the Restaurant II suggestion - a few posters have mentioned it

Frederick

Staff member
Alex28 said:
Thank you for jogging my memory. We went there for my 21st this year. Great place. Fantastic food. Only problem is it gets really, really hot in there as they haven't got and air conditioning or anything...well they didn't when we were there. Very pricey, but highly worth it.