What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next coach sacked 2024

Phil Gould summed up the Roosters pretty well yesterday when he said they aren’t a patient team.

You can tell how they’re going to go in the first 10 mins. They aren’t really a team that seems to be able to flick a switch and get back into their groove like other top teams can. In their two shockers this year v the dogs and cows their opposition turned up prepared to play dirty, East’s just wanted to coast to a win.

I do think this comes back to the coach. Bennett, Bellamy and Cleary sides have plenty of first half stinkers, then turn it around at halftime. I haven’t seen this roosters team do that for a while.
No discipline.

Valheru

Coach

Chieka with a strong assistant like Holbrook would be interesting
Man that's not a great list TBH

Of that bunch I think Madge is a good fit as Parra aren't far away, they just need someone to take them to the next step and he can clearly inspire players short term. They would have to recognise he is a 3 year option at most though because of his style.

Cheika is probably the most interesting one and it would be a good experiment in whether coaching is a skill that can be transitioned from sport to sport. They would need to get the right assistants under him.

News Corp have reported the following coaches will be interviewed by the Eels for the head coaching position: Michael Cheika Jason Ryles Josh Hannay Trent Barrett Michael Maguire

Why would you sack BA if they are the coaches available.. Maguire should have a black line through him, was shocking at the Tigers.

Bazal

Post Whore
Why would you sack BA if they are the coaches available.. Maguire should have a black line through him, was shocking at the Tigers.

Mate if you read the Eels forum anyone with a pulse and several people without are BeTtER oPtIOnS tHaN bEa ArThUrZ....

The board got caught up in the emotion and played cuck to try and snatch Creeping Death at the last minute. It was probably time for a change given how long BA had been here, but the way it's gone down is old school yaketty sax Parra stuff.

Wb1234

Referee
Mate if you read the Eels forum anyone with a pulse and several people without are BeTtER oPtIOnS tHaN bEa ArThUrZ....

The board got caught up in the emotion and played cuck to try and snatch Creeping Death at the last minute. It was probably time for a change given how long BA had been here, but the way it's gone down is old school yaketty sax Parra stuff.
Despite not winning a comp his era at the eels was fairly successful

can’t remember which year but parra smashed the panthers in the prelim and the panthers were very lucky to win (panthers won the comp)

Mark O’Neil is a dud imo

club needs a Gus type to get the senior club promoting from its pathways

I didn't realise Parramatta were knocked out of the finals against Melbourne all 3 years Melbourne Storm were found to be cheaters, 2006, 2007 and 2009 including 2 prelims and a GF loss. That's brutal lol.

MKCS

Juniors
Funny how the Roosters and Robbo don’t come under fire from the media.
The most stacked squad in the comp, and years of failure.
This year, there’s been plenty of talk about the Sharks being overrated/soft draw etc etc, yet they’re 9-3 and have beaten the Roosters. The Roosters on the other hand win some, lose some, have been beaten by the ‘overrated’ Sharks, and now beaten by a completely depleted Cowboys, yet I bet there’s no noise about their form or Robbo’s position. Even taking into account they lost Teddy late, they should have slaughtered the Cows today.

Always seems to come good at the back end of the season like last year where Roosters won 7 in a row and almost beat the Storm to make a prelim despite the backline consisting of Tedesco, Pauga, Allan, Momirovski and Paulo.

No idea why we struggle at the start of the year and lose to shit teams but if you follow the team you know that it has been this way for a while.

Chieka with a strong assistant like Holbrook would be interesting

Not a lot of proven coaches on that list. Maguire you'd think would surely be focused on his new Origin gig, the rest I'd say Brad Arthur is more experienced and better than.

Bazal

Post Whore
I didn't realise Parramatta were knocked out of the finals against Melbourne all 3 years Melbourne Storm were found to be cheaters, 2006, 2007 and 2009 including 2 prelims and a GF loss. That's brutal lol.

Yep. Also 2006 was contentious, Delaney absolutely scored and from memory would have won the game. 2007 they deliberately tore Caylos bicep off with a horror chicken wing. 2009 GF the Billy Slater penalty was a bit controversial too, but not as much as the others.

And they wonder why we hate the merkins

Possibly. However, the front office staff at the Wests Tigers were terrible during his tenure. If you have poor front office staff, even the best of coaches can't turn things around.

That's why Jack Gibson always used to say winning starts in the front office.

Latest posts