What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next coach sacked 2024

Wb1234

Referee
Sheens was also the first coach to win a Balmain/Magpies comp in decades

Bringing him back was amazing.
Kinda irrelevant

I’m not saying Madge should go back go south’s am i

heck your clubs sacked Ivan at one stage

imagine if Nathan had joined his dad at the tigers as was rumoured lol

Wb1234

Referee
we’ll see

there’s been 7 coaches appointed since he was sacked and he’s barely been mentioned as a candidate
Current nrl coaches worse than Madge

payten
Walters
Aob
Fitzgibbon
Woolf(*)
Ryles
Benji
Webster?

Walter’s aob and Webster are gone if their teams don’t have stellar years next year or maybe during the off season

Just about half the nrl is coached by spuds

edit how could I forget seibold

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Current nrl coaches worse than Madge

payten
Walters
Aob
Fitzgibbon
Woolf(*)
Ryles
Benji
Webster?

Walter’s aob and Webster are gone if their teams don’t have stellar years next year or maybe during the off season

Just about half the nrl is coached by spuds

then why are they employed and he isn’t?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think weve reached a stage where there will be two types of career coaches. Rep coaches and club coaches.

They require totally different skill sets and rare youll see guys who can be successful at both. The last two will likely be Phil Gould and Wayne Bennett.

Steve Kearney won a world cup
Mal Meninga won what, 8 Origin Series?
Kevin Walters won 2

All failed at club level

Criag Bellamy lost 3 origin series in a row yet is widely considered the best club coach of the last 20 years

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think weve reached a stage where there will be two types of career coaches. Rep coaches and club coaches.

They require totally different skill sets and rare youll see guys who can be successful at both. The last two will likely be Phil Gould and Wayne Bennett.

Steve Kearney won a world cup
Mal Meninga won what, 8 Origin Series?
Kevin Walters won 2

All failed at club level

Criag Bellamy lost 3 origin series in a row yet is widely considered the best club coach of the last 20 years
Craig is nothing but a cheat. He has no legacy

Valheru

Coach
Madge in short passionate bursts is probably ok.

30+ weeks of being screamed at, probably not.
I think he is good for a club role under very specific circumstances.

Scenario 1 is when a club is in a clean out mode and they need a disciplinarian. This would be a 2 year role max with no expectation of success. He is essentially setting things up for the next coach.

Scenario 2 is a club with a premiership roster that is not quite getting over the hill. This is again a 2 year role with an all in mentality.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think he is good for a club role under very specific circumstances.

Scenario 1 is when a club is in a clean out mode and they need a disciplinarian. This would be a 2 year role max with no expectation of success. He is essentially setting things up for the next coach.

Scenario 2 is a club with a premiership roster that is not quite getting over the hill. This is again a 2 year role with an all in mentality.
When will Robbo get the sack? Has every advantage imaginable yet has delivered nothing for years now.