What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next team to break the drought?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think we will finish out of the top 4 in the regular season next year and so our goose will be cooked in 2017. Top 4 is a must for a title run.

All premiers have good defence as their core and parras defensive structure is excellent. But they will need to win in the next couple of years because Penrith will be the team to beat in the next few years.

POPEYE

Coach
Drought doesn't mean dying of thirst, when your team wanders up to the watering hole and the rest are intimidated, that's all that matters. If your mob are fighting for the top four every year you can ask no more of them, which is all sponsors care about . . . fortune or misfortune will take care of the rest

taipan

Referee
Yep if the Sharks are not there at the business end,I won't be upset after this year's results.

You know either an Eels v Raiders G/F or an Eels v Warriors G/F. Or Eels v West Tigers would be ideal.
Plenty of open rl and less lying on the tackled players.Wrestling coaches can get stuffed.

JAMES_FOO

Juniors
Yeh from a Sharks fan I think Eels fans should be given a shot next year. They've had a rough trot and depending on how they sort out a few key positions they could have a cracker next year!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope its us. Next year or the year after. Im quite confident. Even though we missed the 8, this year was the best we've played for a long time and I think we can back it up next year with Arthur as coach.

myrrh ken

First Grade
While victory is sweet, our drought was too long. It would be great to go back to back to truly quench the thirst

POPEYE

Coach
While victory is sweet, our drought was too long. It would be great to go back to back to truly quench the thirst
The NRL will do it's best to see that doesn't happen, gremlins mightn't be noticeable to 'believers' but with help from the media Turdy's crew will be scheming away

T-Boon

Coach
Drought doesn't mean dying of thirst, when your team wanders up to the watering hole and the rest are intimidated, that's all that matters. If your mob are fighting for the top four every year you can ask no more of them, which is all sponsors care about . . . fortune or misfortune will take care of the rest

The Storm have been wondering up to the watering hole in the same outfit for too long - black pants, white shirt...they need an outfit with more flair. A pair of ripped jeans and a Hawaiian shirt maybe. Something that will make the ladies eyes pop.
They also need to stop wrestling the bouncers on the way in.

POPEYE

Coach
The Storm have been wondering up to the watering hole in the same outfit for too long - black pants, white shirt...they need an outfit with more flair. A pair of ripped jeans and a Hawaiian shirt maybe. Something that will make the ladies eyes pop.
They also need to stop wrestling the bouncers on the way in.
I'll be long gone when and if Melbourne stop rubbing jealousy inflicted wankers' noses in the mud around the watering hole . . . I reckon you'd drown in a puddle ol' mate

T-Boon

Coach
I'll be long gone when and if Melbourne stop rubbing jealousy inflicted wankers' noses in the mud around the watering hole . . . I reckon you'd drown in a puddle ol' mate

Popeye, you make a good point about Bellamy and Melbourne in that they don't tend to pouch key players from other clubs. That is to be admired. But it is about the only good thing I can think of about Bellamy.

I take it you are a Melbourne fan otherwise I don't really understand what it is you respect so much about these guys?

Eion

First Grade
Eels or Warriors for mine. I'd also be happy for the tits and raiders.

It's been a decade for the poor old donkeys, but they can continue to suffer for another century or so.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The Titans will have a decent side next year, the Warriors are always a hot and cold team but potentially they have a decent side also. (I think they need a change of admin) I dunno, something is rotten down that way.

I think the Panthers will go close next year, Parra will be a good side again without the drama. Cowboys Sharks Broncos Storm Raiders should be in semi final contention again ... Roosters and Souths will have better seasons next year, as will probably Manly.

Might be a little more even for 2017. Thats a long bloody way away though, bugger it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It won't be us. Does anyone see Stephen Kearney standing up on the victory dais come early October 2017? We're a Ben Matulino injury or lack of form/care away from having a NSW Cup front-row stock, and whilst we have the Kiwis spine etc we have an unproven NRL coach with a proven absolute dud assisting him. Plus a proven shit culture.

Shorty

Staff member
I think if you are a bit of a betting person the Panthers and Raiders look the goods.

Noise

Coach
It won't be us. Does anyone see Stephen Kearney standing up on the victory dais come early October 2017? We're a Ben Matulino injury or lack of form/care away from having a NSW Cup front-row stock, and whilst we have the Kiwis spine etc we have an unproven NRL coach with a proven absolute dud assisting him. Plus a proven shit culture.

Unproven NRL coach? Kearney is a proven shit NRL coach

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Judging Kearney purely on his Eels stint is foolish IMO. I'm hardly convinced he's the man to turn us around but I'll wait and see what he produces first.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Titans will have a decent side next year, the Warriors are always a hot and cold team but potentially they have a decent side also. (I think they need a change of admin) I dunno, something is rotten down that way.

I think the Panthers will go close next year, Parra will be a good side again without the drama. Cowboys Sharks Broncos Storm Raiders should be in semi final contention again ... Roosters and Souths will have better seasons next year, as will probably Manly.

Might be a little more even for 2017. Thats a long bloody way away though, bugger it.

That is the one thing we don't need at the moment. The coaching/players have been our downfall.

Latest posts