What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Vic Mackey

Referee
The first time I watched season 2 I hated it then I watched it again and loved it. It is a great story maybe too wordy and too many characters.
I did not like season 3 much.
Season 1 is the height of TV.

I watched the first episode of 2, I didn’t not like it but for some reason didn’t continue with it. Maybe the bad reviews made my mind up. Funnily enough I loved 3, 1 was great but 3 was the stand out for mine.

Munky

Coach
Anyone watching Constellation on Apple TV?

While it is its own thing I get major Returnal and Bioshock Infinite vibes at times.

MRN

Juniors
It isn't screening anywhere in Australia at the moment (Season 1 used to be on Paramount+) so you have to get creative, but Tokyo Vice, man, best show airing right now with 1 episode of Season 2 to go. Up there in general with House of the Dragon and Shōgun.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Monarch Monsters legacy or something on apple

Gave up after 4 episodes. It’s boring and there’s no monsters

Moved onto Giri/Haji on Netflix which I’m much preferring. TBH I don’t think I’ve seen a single American made series that I’ve enjoyed for years.

mongoose

Coach
Shogun - great series, although I find the main actor a tad annoying, like overacting or something...

Reactions: PJ

PJ

First Grade
Shogun - great series, although I find the main actor a tad annoying, like overacting or something...

I'm really enjoying it as well, but Anjin is a bad, bad actor. Almost seems like he is just reading the lines as he goes

Vic Mackey

Referee
I find so many of them to just be cool/tough guy fantasies.

Bit of that. I just find them all incredibly predictable. Hollywood doesn’t want to take risks anymore, no matter what genre they all end in the same way. You can pick the bad/good guys in the first episode. Identity politics doesn’t seem to play a role as much in other countries productions either.

Vic Mackey

Referee
High Country on Binge

Aussie drama about missing/murdered people in the bush in a Victoria town. Love the setting and the story is decent enough. Acting (particularly the support actors) leave a bit to be desired, often see this in Australian productions. 2 episodes in and sticking with it.

I've been watching Shogun on Disney+. 6 episodes have been released so far, and I've watched 5 of them. Its very, very good.

Matua

Bench
Shogun is fantastic, no surprises Disney had nothing to do with it.
Aside from the fact the entirety of the show that made it to the screen was made under Disney ownership.

But, if you have to pretend it isn't to feel ok watching it then you do you. ;)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Aside from the fact the entirety of the show that made it to the screen was made under Disney ownership.

But, if you have to pretend it isn't to feel ok watching it then you do you. ;)
They own FX but they had nothing to do with making it, you know why??? Because it's not utter shit.