What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV deal discussion 2028 -

A question was asked about playing abortionball in Wellington .
I replied .
if that annoys you then good .
oh & Singapore πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
My point is you talk about fumbleball more than @Perth Red does, yet you accuse him of being an AwFuL fan.

Do you see the irony?

I don't like fumbleball and couldn't care less if you bag the sport, but I accept it has made many smart business decisions that are hurting our game. They'vs also made some massive f**k ups, such as the one you spoke about. We should learn from their triumphs and failures so we can improve our game.

Our biggest issue is getting a strong portfolio in private schools due to rugby union's influence. Fumbleball has benefited from this and use it to convert rich kids who go on to get good jobs to choose the Swans and Lions over our game. Both clubs are centrally located in rich areas of the city. The Suns and Giants have struggled as they represent areas that are more working class. Our game has a strong portfolio in state schools.

Laugh about Singapore all you like, but if you want our game to generate more money from sponsorship and corporate hospitality then it will need to win over the big end of town and spread to new markets. Singapore is bigger than Australia's largest city, is relatively close to Australia and a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.

Can you explain why being a part of the Commonwealth helps in terms of an NRL team?
All members of the Commonwealth of Nations speak English and most share an historical link with Britain. Singapore plays a wide range of British sports due to it being a former outpost of the British Empire. It has a strong relationship with Britain and has a large expatriate population from the Commonwealth of Nations. About 50k Brits and 20k Australians live in Singapore and the rate of immigration is growing.

Singapore is the most popular destination in Asia for Australian expatriates.

Last edited:

Steel Saints

Juniors
lol have you been under a rock and missed the wa govt’s publicly stated support for a perth nrl club? we aren’t tassie though desperate for a professional sports club, we already have one in every single sport, except the myopic insular one!

Mmmm, under a rock? Hang on, in another issue, last week you weren't fully aware of the Westpac sponsorship. Iamback and The Wookie had to fill you in on the details in the Peter V’landys thread.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mmmm, under a rock? Hang on, in another issue, last week you weren't fully aware of the Westpac sponsorship. Iamback and The Wookie had to fill you in on the details in the Peter V’landys thread.
haha I was aware of it, but didn't consider it relevant to a discussion on competition naming rights sponsorship. You know as they aren't paying for competition naming rights! Now if we had been discussing ball naming rights.....

You obviously don't frequent the expansion threads if you didnt know the WA govt has taken a very proactive approach to getting a club in Perth? Theres literally pages and pages discussing it!

Steel Saints

Juniors
haha I was aware of it, but didn't consider it relevant to a discussion on competition naming rights sponsorship. You know as they aren't paying for competition naming rights! Now if we had been discussing ball naming rights.....

You obviously don't frequent the expansion threads if you didnt know the WA govt has taken a very proactive approach to getting a club in Perth? Theres literally pages and pages discussing it!
Haha, I think you are trolling.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Newcastle is zero chance. The level of interest towards AFL is completely non existent. It is a sport that is laughed at if anything. A very small handful of Victorian expats.
Newcastle couldnt sustain an NRL team, even AFL arent that dumb!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well they do sustain an NRL team so that doesn’t make sense. Whether they sustain it very well is an entirely seperate question
Only due to a pokie club jumping in and subsidising them, maybe I should have said self sustain. Always surprised me the mess they got in given the size of their active fanbase. I can only assume their corporate support is very low?

Newcastle couldnt sustain an NRL team, even AFL arent that dumb!
Jesus Christ you’re clueless .
im sure I watched the Knights play last season.
then again im not a know all from Perth …so if I’m wrong I’ll admit it .
as for Pokie clubs.No matter what you think of them
if they put their Money into a muched loved sports team then that’s one of the few positives about them .

Lol you as usual can only see a negative .

Wb1234

Referee
Jesus Christ you’re clueless .
im sure I watched the Knights play last season.
then again im not a know all from Perth …so if I’m wrong I’ll admit it .
as for Pokie clubs.No matter what you think of them
if they put their Money into a muched loved sports team then that’s one of the few positives about them .

Lol you as usual can only see a negative .
You know his club in England was sold their ground and around an acre of land around it by the council for peanuts a few years back

he’s just jealous of Sydney clubs bc of their wealth compared to the joke that is English rugby league

two clubs from a small town like hull and he supports the smaller club that refuse to play at the aa seater stadium 5 minutes down the road

Perth Red

Post Whore
youre all so funny. Didn't the Knights go bust and have to be bailed out by the NRL a few years ago? And didnt they only become sustainable due to a pokie den buying them? Wouldn't that suggest that the only way a Newcastle team is sustainable is if they get subsidized by a pokie den? ergo they arent sustainable on their own? If an NRL team in a RL mad city cant stand on their own two feet there is cat in hells chance an AFL club can and the AFL know that. The notion AFL would put a team in a place like Newcastle is laughable.

its like talking to kindergarten in here sometimes!

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know his club in England was sold their ground and around an acre of land around it by the council for peanuts a few years back

he’s just jealous of Sydney clubs bc of their wealth compared to the joke that is English rugby league

two clubs from a small town like hull and he supports the smaller club that refuse to play at the aa seater stadium 5 minutes down the road
Tell me you know nothing about Hull, or English RL, without telling me you know nothing :)

Colk

First Grade
youre all so funny. Didn't the Knights go bust and have to be bailed out by the NRL a few years ago? And didnt they only become sustainable due to a pokie den buying them? Wouldn't that suggest that the only way a Newcastle team is sustainable is if they get subsidized by a pokie den? ergo they arent sustainable on their own? If an NRL team in a RL mad city cant stand on their own two feet there is cat in hells chance an AFL club can and the AFL know that. The notion AFL would put a team in a place like Newcastle is laughable.

its like talking to kindergarten in here sometimes!

Most clubs or business requires outside investment, whether that be by a leagues club or other private business interest or having a sugar daddy or a millionaire pumping money into it.

It seems your moral aversion to pokies (sure I agree pokies are morally questionable but so is alcohol, gambling and a matter of different things that directly and indirectly fund high level sport) is clouding your judgement here. A prospective club in Perth being funded by mining magnets/interests is essentially no different to a leagues club funding an NRL team.