What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV rights deal part 2

Are you happy with the new TV deal?

• Total voters

Johnny88

Juniors
Classic rugby league wrist slitting going on I see.

It's a pretty decent deal aside from the Friday 6pm.

1.8b + NZ and the NRL is pretty much on par with the AFL per game.

Doubled money
NRL channel on fox
Simulcast
3 live FTA games in this deal vs 1 in the last (2 later on)

There's positives there in my view.

I agree Henry its a great deal for fans with pay tv. Plus being a regional viewer if you have ever seen the quality of WIN TV feed its terrible and we didn't get the new 9HD channel either so this means for the many that have pay tv in regional areas crisp HD picture on all games.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i wonder if we'll get all lower grade games live as well?

would make good use of a 24x7 channel

Johnny88

Juniors
Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 3m3 minutes ago Hearing the new TV deal is actually a renegotiated seven year contract 2016 - 2022 worth $2.1B. Extra $ for Thursday night footy 16 & 17.

Brutus

Referee
Losing Sat night FTA is a shocker.

Fri 6pm is a shocker.

This deal better be well over 2 billion.

C'mon Granty, bring home the bacon!!!

Rosetta

Juniors
Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 3m3 minutes ago Hearing the new TV deal is actually a renegotiated seven year contract 2016 - 2022 worth $2.1B. Extra $ for Thursday night footy 16 & 17.

That's the kind of number that would appease Grant's ego.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Clear that some of the changes will be brought in during 16&17 so effectively it is a 7 year deal but how that pans out in terms of $ changes will be very very murky I suspect. As long as the ARLC get to announce $2bill to placate the plebians all will be well, just don't look at the detail!

BuffaloRules

Coach
Clear that some of the changes will be brought in during 16&17 so effectively it is a 7 year deal but how that pans out in terms of $ changes will be very very murky I suspect. As long as the ARLC get to announce $2bill to placate the plebians all will be well, just don't look at the detail!

At lest wait for a better source than Josh freakin Massoud before pontificating....

insert.pause

First Grade
As long as it doesn't cover seven years, because we are already getting 200m pa for the next two years from nine, fox and Telstra. Subtract the 400m we are already getting from 2.1bn and its suddenly only a 1.7bn deal over 5 years. Hopefully it's like a 5 year deal + an increase in the last two years of the current deal.

Rosetta

Juniors
Fox Sports article doesn't mention the $1.8 billion figure PERIOD now.

These f**kers have been told to pull the figure down, LMAO.

Latest posts