What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next up Rorters.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s easy to highlight individual players. Could be Hunt or McInnes for others (given his competition is probably the fiercest) or even Aitken. But the team is better than the sum of its parts. That’s the way it has been from the start of the year.

The team is badly in need of a good tune-up and Hunt along with Widdop and as you have pointed out McInnes , are the spark plugs that can get the Big Red V purring on all cylinders once again .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
The team is badly in need of a good tune-up and Hunt along with Widdop and as you have pointed out McInnes , are the spark that can get it purring once again .

In my opinion it is more in the forwards hands. If the forwards can dominate like they did earlier in the season, Widdop and Hunt will do the rest. Dufty needs some help at the back on the last tackle, maybe Widdop can drop back to help.

st penguin

Juniors
How many rounds this year have we all said this round will define our season! This week is make or break! Its a litmus test!
OK, but this week REALLY is make or break!
And then again next week........

No...last week was a must win.

This week is a litmus test.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Seriously though, I feel like this is the biggest match of the season. No more SOO excuses. A full week of preparation. We are heading down the stretch to the finals and we are settled nicely in equal first. Let's bring it home!

Bench
We see how the sharks and Souths hookers run, McInnes is not slow by any means and he needs to make a few runs from dummy half. I hope MacGregor would make that happen.

Gareth67

First Grade
Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Im a fan of young Latrel Mitchell but bustle him often and give him no peace and hes like Hodges and Inglis it really puts them off their game and at times tbey go missing.....now whether we have someone capable of executing that remains to be seen...over to you Mr Aitken and Mr Lafai.......yes our forwards have to set the platform but as ive stated early this week the key to our victory is our kicking game......over to you Mr Widdop and Mr Hunt

In my opinion it is more in the forwards hands. If the forwards can dominate like they did earlier in the season, Widdop and Hunt will do the rest. Dufty needs some help at the back on the last tackle, maybe Widdop can drop back to help.
As I said somewhere else, the forwards dominated earlier in the season due to the policing of the 10m rule.
Once they stopped doing that we've gone backwards.
Other teams have adjusted, we haven't

BLM01

First Grade
I love Sunday footy. But it absolutely sucks having to wait the whole weekend to watch this game.

Pumped. Bring it on.
Yep. Hate being the last game of the round. But like you arvo footy is the best except 4.00 is too late in winter. The old 3.00pm start was gold. Although we have lost 2 games this year I reckon Dragons play their best in arvo games.

SBD82

Coach
Yep. Hate being the last game of the round. But like you arvo footy is the best except 4.00 is too late in winter. The old 3.00pm start was gold. Although we have lost 2 games this year I reckon Dragons play their best in arvo games.
Yep. 3pm would be great, and the 2pm time slot is ok as well.

Probably didn't help that the 2 games last night were poor games as well. Watched them both, and I want my Friday night back.

BLM01

First Grade
Least you have Pay TV to watch. :(Channel 9 / NRL should go back to 3.00pm kick off and then have a proper round wrap up Sunday footy show at 5.00pm leading into the news instead of the 11.00am one or Monday 10.00pm-10.30pm one.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This is what we want to see on Sunday ...........

Gareth-Widdop-scores-a-try.jpg

Pearce_261017_a_1000.jpg

Can we have more please?

891222-jason-nightingale-dragons.jpg

Happy little Vegemites ...........

Tedesco-Cronk-Roosters-1-1.jpg

Thank you very muchly ..........

533212-2010-nrl-grand-final.jpg

Go you Dragons!!!!!!!!

BLM01

First Grade

Gareth-Widdop-scores-a-try.jpg

Pearce_261017_a_1000.jpg

Can we have more please?

891222-jason-nightingale-dragons.jpg

Happy little Vegemites ...........

Tedesco-Cronk-Roosters-1-1.jpg

Thank you very muchly ..........

533212-2010-nrl-grand-final.jpg

Go you Dragons!!!!!!!!
For this week I will take pics 1, 3 & 4.
N.B. How skinny was BJ Leilua in 2010 compared to now.
It was great to be there in the stands that day / night from 12.00pm. The Wah was pumping that night singing Oh When The Saints on the balcony. Even run into Keith Galloway up there. Railway Parade was chock a block full of cars on their way to the Taj Mahal tooting horns and streamers going everywhere. Moments I will cherish for ever

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We see how the sharks and Souths hookers run, McInnes is not slow by any means and he needs to make a few runs from dummy half. I hope MacGregor would make that happen.

Not turtoise type slow, but not near the speed of the two you’ve mentioned either (particularly Cook).

McInnes doesn’t scamper out of dummy half nearly enough, in my opinion.

Latest posts