What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next up Rorters.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If Roosters end up winning the comp, an investigation takes place, and it turns out to be another Storm cheating scenario I will give the game away. And I would hardly be surprised.

How one team can have Pereira, Nightingale and Lafai and the other can have the likes of Manu, Mitchell, Tupou, Ferguson on top of Tedesco is truly beyond me.

Coughs...Millward.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that the team played badly but they still scored 18 points and bombed 1 try. One poster said that 3-4 of the Rposter's tries should have been disallowed which would have meant that we would have won. One lesson Mac Gregor should learn is that Mitchell needs to be heavily marked just like Radrada and the Melbourne wingers. Midget centres do not win games as they are treated like rag dolls.
When Bennett hsd such problems he would put Beau Scott in the centres. Perhaps Mac Donald, Sims or Frizell should be used in this capacity as the objective is to win the game.

aquiin

Juniors
I watched the game live and also watched it recorded on tv (sucker for punishment, I know).
I was very impressed with Roosters. They were running, we were walking. Their heads were up, ours were down. They have big strong fast wingers that go looking for work and can break a game open, we do not.
Roosters are a fine team across the park, they will be hard to beat from here.

Yep, we need to match up better with the wingers. Mentioned that elsewhere.

I'll have another look at the game. To me they had a couple of good bursts. They may well be better in coming weeks, just not that impressed because there were flat spots, inconsistency and a whole lot of luck. We've won games like that early. Thinking seems to change when the end of the year is near.

What you can say is the Roosters team is stronger right now that what it was going into the finals last year, but I think the whole top 8 is a lot stronger than last year. Credit to what they were able to achieve without luck with injuries last year. Personnel wise they are stronger and should expect to be better.

Also I wasn't saying that all of those tries should be disallowed. A couple from memory had issues. A couple were freakish and wouldn't be seen again, especially playing in a tighter game. Hopefully we can find some game management in the meantime.

aquiin

Juniors
I wanted to add that I think the game showed two teams that managed SOO and rep players differently with resting players. I think we have made poor decisions around our players. It's not just about the minutes they play, GPS numbers, stats and how they say they are feeling.

Decisions should be made independent of that. I don't think we have gained much at all by playing them throughout.

Latest posts