What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next up Rorters.

You said it in your last comment. Who do we replace them with? So basically you want to throw in ISP players, towards the end of the season, just for the sake of it? They got flogged today too - but hey, that's OK - they deserve a step up to first grade!!!
You can try McDonald in the Centres and also Mann.
Blood the most likely youngster(s) on the wing.
Better than sticking to the current mess.

Frank Facer

First Grade
You said it in your last comment. Who do we replace them with? So basically you want to throw in ISP players, towards the end of the season, just for the sake of it? They got flogged today too - but hey, that's OK - they deserve a step up to first grade!!!
Mary should have thrown the ISP players in at the beginning of the season.

slippery5

Juniors
Nightingale is getting paid at least $5000 a week to play footy. Where else is he going to make that kind of money? There is your reason. The real question is, why does Mary continue to select him? Nightingale should not have been in our side at the start of the season or anytime during the season.
Call me a hard marker but I wouldn't have had him in the side last year either but many said he is Mr reliable & a club legend.
Fact is blind Freddie could see he wasn't up to the current speed & size of todays winger's.

gregstar

Referee
i would have been happy to sign the downie twin again.

he is still playing at a first grade level which puts our gomers to shame.

gregstar

Referee
i stopped watching the game at 16-0.

there's no way i'd want to hear those two plodders trot out the same scripted crap as the scripted playing style.

Why wasn't it Nightingale at fullback and Dufty on the wing?
And Aitken?
That was always McGregor's fall back.
Round 10 against the Sharks at Kogarah when both Widdop and Dugan were injured - played Nightingale at FB and Milne on the wing with Mann at 5/8
Could have inducted Dufty there and then and kept Nightingale on the wing.
Fast forward to the second round Manly game when Dufty finally got a chance with another Dugan injury.
Aitkin was consistently picked at center except for a few games where he was used on the wing.
I still don't quite understand your point.
How you re-configure the backline is only important if it changes our competitiveness.

Bench
Maybe you can thank State Rail. Track work and usual issues had a big affect today. City Circle shut down and cancellations across the network.

ouryears

Bench
Certainly not happy about it nor smug, very disappointed to say the very least

But I told you about 7 weeks ago, when Penrith beat us, then Souths smashed us, then Melbourne, then Tigers, now RoRters.

And we were lucky to beat Parra and Grubs.

Widdop is no leader.
Mary is no coach.
And we ain't a good team.

Heart breaking.....

Last edited:
Missed the game as I spent the afternoon at a baptism celebration.

Looks like the baby was not the only person who took a bath today.

Have just seen the highlights.

Latrell Mitchell is a beast however that was some of the poorest defence I have seen.

Flo and Aitken need a spell in ISP.

Would like to think it was just one of those games where we started badly and things went from bad to worse.

Suggest we forget this game and concentrate on the next game.

Don't think we can defend this badly again.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Now is the time to step it up. Melbourne did on the weekend and Roosters too. They also had origin players too and they smashed us today. Either we improve or bow out quickly in finals. Roarters simply too good.

Aitkin defending timing is shocking. He has strength to utilize but non existent.

Nightingale tried but he has no strength or power running in our kick returns.

Lafai played like he was conceding the opposition were better!

McKinnes needs to run the ball more adding some unpredictability to our attach and make easy yards.

Hunt did a few good things but the rest of ourside backs were disappointing.

Our right side defence is a weakness and has been now for 2 years. All clubs are exploiting us there. Surely our coaches today and recruitmet for tomorrow know this requires immediate attention.

Latest posts