What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Week

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
For mine, next weeks team is as follows, if Farah or Tuqiri have Origin they will be replaced by the other player. :\

1. Ryan
2. Tuqiri/Brown/Daniella
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford
5. Pritchard
6. Marshall
7. Lazaras (GIVE HIM A CHANCE AT HALF, NO FULLBACK SHEENS)
8. Gibbs
9. Farah/Waters
10. Galloway/Fifita
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton
14. Payten
15. Fifita/Moors
16. Mataka (GIVE HIM A GO)
17. Flanagan

westie

Bench
Lazurus had his chance at half the first week. Sure he defended on the wing so he didn't have to tackle... but he played half until just before he was hooked. He just isn't a first grader. He's not even fit enough to last 20 minutes.

Vicious

Bench
Lazurus had his chance at half the first week. Sure he defended on the wing so he didn't have to tackle... but he played half until just before he was hooked. He just isn't a first grader. He's not even fit enough to last 20 minutes.

So who do we select in the number 7 in your opinion ?
Unless a miracle happens and Cooper Cronk decides he`d like to leave Melbourne and be coached by the super coach Sheens, I can`t see any better options available than Moltzen when he is fit or Lui.
Select some damaging ball runners in the back row and in the centres, then get a fullback who will support the ball carriers much like Lachlan Coote does at Penrith and believe it or not we have one very similar in Jake Mullaney and we will find that all our ball players will look much better players than they are at the moment. Ball players are only as good as their ball runners !

aids

Bench
today was the 2nd time in my life i've walked out of a game early.
first was the roosters game in 2004 at campbelltown.

back then we had chris patterson, scatler, robbie mears and buettner in the squad.
and got smashed by "the benchmark".

today, was a disgrace.

Front-Rower

First Grade
today was the 2nd time in my life i've walked out of a game early.
first was the roosters game in 2004 at campbelltown.

back then we had chris patterson, scatler, robbie mears and buettner in the squad.
and got smashed by "the benchmark".

today, was a disgrace.

Today was a total and utter disgrace. Today proved we need a halfback. Today proved other teams know exactly what we do in attack. Today showed that our number 5 should not be in the starting line up let alone top 17. Today proved that we have no idea how to respect the ball with handling errors, getting caught on the 5th tackle and going into touch on the first tackle.

I always thought that Marshall would succeed when Prince left and to an extent he as but goodness me if these two were still together I doubt we would be in a position we find ourselves in at this current time.

westie

Bench
Unless a miracle happens and Cooper Cronk decides he`d like to leave Melbourne and be coached by the super coach Sheens, I can`t see any better options available than Moltzen when he is fit or Lui.
Select some damaging ball runners in the back row and in the centres, then get a fullback who will support the ball carriers much like Lachlan Coote does at Penrith and believe it or not we have one very similar in Jake Mullaney and we will find that all our ball players will look much better players than they are at the moment. Ball players are only as good as their ball runners !

My opinion still hasn't changed since the off-season. Taumata.

Every other option that I felt then was stupid apart from Fulton has failed. I still believe we were absolute bollocks during our early wins and got lucky off momentum shifts. If Taumata fails, then I've no idea.

Dobson apparently wants an out... Maybe a youngster like Greg McNally... It seems all the good solid halves all over the world are tied up, even the ones who aren't ready for FG.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
You can't blame this disaster on Lui. f**k me.

Benji gets paid $500,000 a year. He is the Marquee player. He was worse than Lui by all reports. You wanna get rid of him ?

macnaz

Staff member

Benji gets paid $500,000 a year. He is the Marquee player. He was worse than Lui by all reports. You wanna get rid of him ?

I think sometimes it all comes down to confidence in the players around you, we seen last year when they put Moltz at 7 and Gallant at 1 the chemistry suddenly worked and we won 6 or so straight. I have no idea if anyone can fill the voids needed but i really think we have hit rock bottom now and 2010 is finnished so we may as well try a few combo's and see what we can come up with........Honestly nothing can be any worse than today.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
I think sometimes it all comes down to confidence in the players around you, we seen last year when they put Moltz at 7 and Gallant at 1 the chemistry suddenly worked and we won 6 or so straight. I have no idea if anyone can fill the voids needed but i really think we have hit rock bottom now and 2010 is finnished so we may as well try a few combo's and see what we can come up with........Honestly nothing can be any worse than today.

What you are eluding to, is that no one is showing confidence in Lui. These guys are all experienced players , some who represented. No excuse. We're a soft side, That's all. Simple as that. Look at Bronson Harrison and Teo. They are as hard as nails now. It all comes down to the motivator in the head coach. As we all know by now, Tigz hate to rumble...always look to win pretty....all comes down to the motivator. Boys are probably getting stale, need a change...new ideas etc.

P.S Don't forget "05"

westie

Bench
As I said... all is not well. Benji was sh*te... yes. That doesn't mean Lui isn't a spazzo in a key position.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
As I said... all is not well. Benji was sh*te... yes. That doesn't mean Lui isn't a spazzo in a key position.

I think you're looking for a scape goat. You should be pointing the finger at the other 16 as well. Not just the rookie.

Juniors

We have ball runners, getting them to run is another thing all together.

There must have been a kick ass movie on or something because no one bar Ellis wanted to play Yesterday, absolutely not interested in winning.

leoc

Juniors
Don't need a scape goat, the team has been in taters since Prince left!!
Find a Farkin Halfback that can play with Marshall. You might just see everything fall into place.
Oh and one other key positional change, P.ss Sheens off. Been here too long and got very little left to offer.

macnaz

Staff member

That is certainly true tho Reek, even tho i mentioned the chemistry thing, that was not an exuse for the woeful way Benji played.. He was the single biggest factor towards our loss.

INJURY NEWS ON FULTON AND AYSHFORD

17/05/2010 5:33:40 PM

Wests Tigers back-rower Liam Fulton and centre Blake Ayshford are the latest casualties to the club's growing injury list.
Fulton and Ayshford suffered injuries in the loss to the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday.
Fulton is expected to miss between 4-6 weeks with a right shoulder injury. Ayshford will be out for 4 weeks with a groin injury.
They now join Keith Galloway, Taniela Tuiaki, Jason Cayless, Tim Moltzen and Tame Tupou on the injury list.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=25767

matty-ducati

Juniors
I wonder where the mong with the banner from early in the season has gone "wests tigers 2010 premiers" bahahahahahaahahahaha i hope he got a matching tatt to go with it!!

Latest posts