What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Weeks Excuse

Whats next weeks excuse?

• The ref was against us

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • The 50/50 calls didn't go our way

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Dodgy calls

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • The ref helped the other team win

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Refs favour strong teams

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • We just plain SUCK

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters

dubby

Bench
:iwstupid:
salivor said:
Maybe the excuse may be that their team was so bloody woeful on attack that they couldn't make a single line break all night, one of their tries came from an intercept and the other two from kicks. But no we wouldn't want to look at the Raiders actual performance, then we may have to stop whinging and it's just not in Canberra's nature to lose gracefully.

:blahb: That is a typical defence to a typical thread from a typically arrogant Bronco fan. Just scared you were nearlly beaten by a team with no line breaks hey? Honestly Saliver, who gives a rats as long as you win? What do you remember about a win; the score or the number of line breaks? You are a goose.

legend

Coach
What a crock of sh*t this thread is and I hope we finsih eighth because the Broncos are now turning on the late season fade and had to call on all available resources to get them across the line tonight.

We've lost more than we've won this year and I've never complained in here about the officiating until tonight. We lost a tough one to the Warriors last week and most if not all Raiders fans accepted the loss as we played well but were not the better team.

You've got people who bet against the Raiders and neutrals all saying the same thing as Raiders fans. We are never on the receiving end of favourable, match saving calls and until we get one and we continue to get dished up the sh*t we got tonight, then every Raiders fan has a right to make a stand against blatant bias favouring the home team by a ref who is a well known Broncos fan and attends Broncos games on his day off. Cast yor mind back to a game when Clark pulled a hammy and Mander just happened to be in the crowd at ANZ and came on to finish the game.

Coincidence? I think not!

aussies1st

Staff member
salivor said:
Maybe the excuse may be that their team was so bloody woeful on attack that they couldn't make a single line break all night, one of their tries came from an intercept and the other two from kicks. But no we wouldn't want to look at the Raiders actual performance, then we may have to stop whinging and it's just not in Canberra's nature to lose gracefully.

Nothing new with that. The raiders don't make the most line breaks, their attack has never been the best under Elliot's reign. We have accepted this fact years ago. The raiders have always been a no nonsense side that relies on defence and the opposition to make errors. Unfortunately the raiders have been making the errors

salivor

First Grade
No we didn't have a call go against us all night. Seymour being pinged for an error in the play the ball when he got it backwards, Berrigan being denied a try and the video ref failing to see Withers hands all over the ball, Smith being given an absolute bullsh*t penalty for having the nerve to stand his ground at marker which piggy backed Canberra out of their ground, Mander missing a blatant forward pass right in front of him when Canberra were on attack 10m from out line. No nothing went against us tonight.

Pull your head in you pack of whingers. The front on shot showed Frawley didn't have control of the ball, his hand was at the side of the ball as he'd lost it and the referee wasn't even going to go upstairs at first. Even if it was awarded there was no certainty that Schif would kick it from the sideline and certainly no certainty that they would win the match in Golden Point. What cost Canberra tonight was a complete lack of firepower and execution.

The penalty count was 7 all BTW, boy were you guys hamered.

Kiwi

First Grade
dubby said:
What do you remember about a win; the score or the number of line breaks?

I doesn't matter on those fronts, the Broncos won on both counts ;-)

aussies1st

Staff member
The issue on Frawley's try is never going to be solved with raiders and broncos fans. We need people who aren't bias to see what they thought of it. This will occur tommorow on the footy show an Sunday roast. Lets see what they say about it

Eddie.

Bench
salivor said:
No Smith being given an absolute bullsh*t penalty for having the nerve to stand his ground at marker which piggy backed Canberra out of their ground, .

Smith was leaning all over the play the ball with his knees.

Dont kid yourself.

dubby

Bench
The penalty count was 7 all BTW, boy were you guys hamered.[/QUOTE]

This sentence makes no sense at all.:?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
If Berrigan's try was denied, then Frawley's should have been because both were 50:50 at best. It all evened out, Mander had a shocker for both teams, no excuse Raiders.

Evergreen

Juniors
Kiwi said:
So which will it be for the Raiders next week. What excuse will they use for losing?

You tool.

IMO two dropped balls and Darren Lockyer were the difference tonight.

However, the fact remains that we were denied a shot at golden point by that brainless, monkey's a$$ excuse for a video ref.

If we make the 8, we'll more than likely be playing your arrogant @rses, and the only excuses we hear will come from your dribbling as you lament the hiding we hand out.

Eddie.

Bench
Berrigans "try" you could never actually see the ball on the ground over the line. From what he saw the video ref probably could not of awarded the try. Also he was dragging the ball from the field of play so it was dubious before he even got over the line.

But the Frawley one, 50/50??? - your kidding, those sort of tries are given every week and rightly so.

salivor

First Grade
dubby said:
:iwstupid:

:blahb: That is a typical defence to a typical thread from a typically arrogant Bronco fan. Just scared you were nearlly beaten by a team with no line breaks hey? Honestly Saliver, who gives a rats as long as you win? What do you remember about a win; the score or the number of line breaks? You are a goose.

The lack of line breaks shows that the Raiders attack was non-existant tonight, the only way they could break our line was by kicking behind it or by the Broncos giving them the ball on a platter. Thats what cost the Raiders tonight, not the ref but keep being a sore loser, makes victory sweater.

As for the comments from Raiders fans about being worried about nearly losing, don't flatter yourselves that we'll be losing any sleep about watching your mob move one step closer to missing out on the 8.

legend

Coach
The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner and we have two right here.

What goes arounf comes around, even for the high priced Broncos and with Lachlan Murdoch leaving New Ltd, the Broncos influence may be diminished but that obviously hadn't filtered through by kickoff tonight.

Mander and Ward, I hope that cheque bounces!

You are setting yourselves up for a fall and as much as I admire the Broncos, you two make it extremely difficult for me to cheer them on in games not involving the Raiders.

salivor

First Grade
raider_ktj said:
Hammered? By 6 points? wtf are you trying to say?

I meant hammered in the penalty count, I was going to write sarcasm in bracketts but I thought it was pretty bloody obvious, you've proved me wrong.

Evergreen

Juniors
brissyleaguedude said:
evergreen, u, thumping the broncos? f**k man lay off the drugs lol, u lost 2nite, ull lose again

Mate you'll have to lay off the drugs after typing that rambling crap.

You seem quite cocky after nearly being handed your ar$e tonight.