What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEXT WEEKS GAME VS ROOSTERS

Risa

Bench
Well in the Newcastle Herald today it looks like the only one in doubt is Tahu. I'm pretty sure Kennedy wouldn't want to miss this one. He'll be needing a pain killing injection to get through I'd say.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Risa said:
Well in the Newcastle Herald today it looks like the only one in doubt is Tahu. I'm pretty sure Kennedy wouldn't want to miss this one. He'll be needing a pain killing injection to get through I'd say.

Thanks for the developments Risa. I honestly thought Ben Kennedy was in more doubt. However, judging from the type of player that he is, it will be absolutely difficult convincing him not to play. Yeah, I would also believe he would need a pain-killing injection to get through the match as well. I hope Timana Tahu is able to play too, as he is just as a vital component to our chances come Saturday night.

Doctor

Bench
I don't think the Knights can out-play the Roosters so much as surprise them early and get away to a good start.

I'd compare the match-up to three other important games in the Knights' history. The 1997 Grand Final, the 2001 GF and Vs Brisbane in Brisbane this year.

Three big games where the Knights were given no hope of winning. People compared, they "reasoned", yet they still couldn't bear the thought of the Knights doing the unthinkable....but they did.

The Knights have a good pack at the moment, and they're in form. Perry, Parsons, Kennedy, Abraham, Simpson and Buderus - they're all representative material, and provided they're all fit I think we can match the Roosters up front.

Then, dare I suggest, the Knights need to get the ball wide, create half-chances early and put the Roosters on the back foot. The Knights have no chance of winning this game, no chance - but I think that is precisely where you win a game like this.

The Roosters are a good team, not to be under-rated. They'll win the premiership most likely, but hopefully not before the Knights knock them off to disrupt their finals a bit.

I actually think the Knights can do it - it'll be a monumental effort without Johns, but I still think we can win it.

Apparently we're big outsiders, no-one thinks we can win - but I do, and I don't mind being wrong in order to make a point that the Knights have every reason to want to win this game, and make a big claim about how good they are without their first-choice halfback.

next knights half said:
its now settled we will play the roosters and the 2 teams minus injuries will probably line up like this
KNIGHTS
1.odavis ----- 1.minachelo
2.tahu ------ 2.byrne
3.gidley ------ 3.cross
4.quin ------ 4.hegarty
5.doogs ------ 5.walker
6.ruds ------ 6.fittler
7.kidley ------ 7.finch
8.perry ------ 8.jayless
9.bedsy ------- 9.wing
10.parso ------- 10.catic
11.simpson ------ 11.morley
12.abes ------- 12.crocker
13.kennedy ------- 13.ricketson

14.woulghnough ------- 14.fitzgibon
15.jobson ------ 15. flannery
16.price ------- 16.lomu
17.tanner/hall ------- 17.webb
i would pobably go for hall we realy need to go for this game or win it in the forwards

Im hoping the line up will be:

1. Minichiello - O'Davis
2. Byrne - Craig Hall
3. Hegarty - Gidley
4. Flannery - McDougall
5. Cross - Quinn
6. Fittler - Rudder
7. Finch - K. Gidley
8. J Cayless - Perry
9. Wing - Buderus
10. Morely - Parsons
11. Fitzgibbon - Simpson
12. Crocker - Abraham
13. Ricketson - Kennedy

14. Ned Catic - Jobson
15. Chad Robinson - Woolnough
16. Andrew Lomu - Tanner
17. Stuart Webb/Chris Walker - Quigley/Lowrie

Moving Flannery to centre and pushing Cross out to the wing should solidify our right side defence a lot! If not, then I'd push Crocker back to the bench and have Flannery starting in the back row and leave Walker on the wing.

And I think Fitzy could handle a whole game by this week.

Doctor

Bench
Hate to break it to you but Tahu is still considering himself a chance. His knee operation last night apparently went well and intensive physio will be required to get him even remotely near a chance of playing.

But all parties still consider him an off-chance of playing - I'm sure he'll wait to see how his knee comes up after regular physio each day before making a decision.

I'm of the thinking that he wouldn't be taking intensive physio if he considered himself no chance of returning this season.

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
roopy said:
Hercules
Chris Walker is the best.
I want him to be named sooooooo bad.

You got your wish

The Roosters line up like this:

Team:
1.Anthony Minichiello
2.Todd Byrne
3.Ryan Cross
4.Shannon Hegarty
5.Chris Walker
6.Brad Fittler (c)
7.Brett Finch
8.Jason Cayless
9.Craig Wing
10.Adrian Morley
11.Michael Crocker
12.Chris Flannery
13.Luke Ricketson

Interchange:
14.Ned Catic
15.Andrew Lomu
16.Craig Fitzgibbon
17.Stuart Webb
18.Chad Robinson
(one to be omitted).

I feel absolutely horibble about the game this weekend. I think I know who will win, or can guess, and I don't like the result I come out with. I want the Knights to win so badly but I am so ashamed to think what I think. I wish them the best of luck and will be cheering them on all the way, but all week i have been going over all the possibilities, and I don't like their outcome. :(
I hope to god I am wrong, I really do and I hate to lose faith, so please boys, prove me wrong, make Nathan Brown slap me down, win the game, win it for the fans who believe that you can go all the way even without joey! Play for your lives boys, play hard!

Rocky Maivia

Juniors
At least Newcastle have a halfback who can direct the team and feed their backs. Kurt Gidley’s doing a fine job. As a Broncos fan, I’ve been continuously annoyed at Wayne Bennet’s decision to have Berrigan at halfback. He’s a ball runner, not a ball player. Scott Prince is the answer, but it seems to be that Wayne’s playing ‘favourites’.

You guys should be happy that you’ve got Kurt Gidley. He can throw some beautiful long passes, and he’s got plenty of skill. He’ll only get better.

The thing Newcastle need to worry about this week is their defence. Don’t worry about their attack. They’ll get over the line, no trouble. Even with this strong Roosters defence, the Knights have plenty of classy backs and a good halfback, with a top forward pack. But defence will be the key. The Knights are the worst defensive team in the top 8.When you’re playing against a team with Minicheillo, Hegarty, Walker, Fittler, Finch and Wing, you’re bound to be in a bit of trouble if your defence isn’t spot on.

As I said before in my preview, Fittler and Finch will prove the difference. They’ve got great ball skills, and they ARE the king pin for attack. If the Knights defence is not spot on, Fittler and Finch will run riot, which I think will happen.

Latest posts