What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next weeks team

willzy91

Juniors
With the loss of both frizell and nightingale next week who fills though positions...? Obviously addition would be mike cooper back on the bench.

Dugan
Nabuli
Farrell
Aitken
Mati'utia
Widdop
Marshall
Ah Mau
Rein
Creagh
Marketo
Thompson
Merrin

Rose
Cooper
De Belin
Le'strange

Marketo I feel has done enough to warrant a starting spot in frizell's absence but isn't an 80min player like frizell has been this season which means the use of the bench is going to be different now...thoughts?

possm

Coach
Cooper will slot into starting side. Marketo will be reserve

In my opinion Marketo is of most value to our squad off the bench. When the opposition pack is tiring he and L'estrange have proved to be of great value to our side.

Totaldragonfan

Juniors
Any thoughts as to what Tyson Frizell might receive at the judiciary? I agree with Mary that it seemed more like a timing issue than a swinging arm with intent but the media seem to be baying for blood. He is a vital cog in the machine so I hope he isn't rubbed out for too long.

Mr Red

First Grade
Any thoughts as to what Tyson Frizell might receive at the judiciary? I agree with Mary that it seemed more like a timing issue than a swinging arm with intent but the media seem to be baying for blood. He is a vital cog in the machine so I hope he isn't rubbed out for too long.

the judiciary system is completely broken.... it seems any contact with the head is deemed foul play, they no longer seem to consider the circumstances leading up to the contact..

yesterdays tackle was a perfect example.. the ball runners height changes dramatically as a result of the first man into the tackle - DeBelin's tackle was so perfectly timed it caused the ball runners body angle to change, resulting in his head dropping a few feet in height.

this is turn gave Frizzell zero opportunity to alter his tackling technique as he was already committed to the tackle.
there was no malice, no clenched fist and if DeBelin's tackle wasnt as good as it was Frizzell's actual point of contact would have been chest high..

but alas the poor old broken judiciary will just judge on head contact and probably give him 1 or 2 weeks.

bottle

Coach
According to the Telucrap who are working on it as their hysterical 'controversy of the week', up to 8 weeks.
Common sense would dictate 2-3.

blacksafake

First Grade
What ever the grading i would be fighting it.Sure it was high & careless but imo certainly not reckless or intentional.I think you'll find the majority of players who have fronted the judiciary this year have had plenty of success with exoneration or a down grade.I fear that they will make an example of the tackle even though there was no clenched fist & jdb's well timed tackle which didn't help matters.The look on Tysons face was a look of remorse & sorry not one of anger or satisfaction.

bottle

Coach
God I hope he doesn't move Leeson to the right edge chewy. He has been great in the middle, and his defence on the edge is always suss. He simply doesn't move fast enough laterally. Marketo has the energy and the technique it seems to be given a shot for mine.

Dragon66

Juniors
Given the outstanding form of the team atm. Minimal change will be the order of the day. Cooper's strong form should see him slot back into a starting spot. Creagh is defensively strong and still mobile enough to create problems on the edge. Especially with the rest of the team playing so well. So my thoughts are:

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Aitken
4. Farrell
5. Mata-Utia
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. AhMau
9. Rein
10. Cooper
11. Creagh
12. Thompson
13. Merrin

14. DeBelin
15. Marketo
16. L'Estrange
17. Rose

But I would prefer that O'Brian got more NRL game ahead of Rose. I know it won't happen but how is O'Brian expected to develop his potential with a view to a starting position in the future if Rose's minimal contribution of 15 to 20 minutes, solid contribution I admit but not game altering, continues.
The choice of a player almost up to his use by date or one moving into the peak stage of development for a prop forward.