What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Year Is Looking Very Positive

Vicious

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
Lyon will not sign with us. When will we realise this???
Next year our centres should be Fitzy and The Fat
Fitzy is good in open space,but couldn`t bust a tackle to save himself.Jamie Lyon and Bronson the destroyer would be the most potent centre combination in the game.Why won`t Jamie Lyon sign with us???All reports I have heard indicate we are about a 75% chance of signing him.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why does everyone on here hate Elford?

He will be our starting centre next season, unless we sign Lyon - and even then I think you'll find he will be moved to the wing.

I'm glad Sheens realises his value to the side - he really gets bagged for nothing around here.

Nitekrwlr

Juniors
Fats isn't better than Wilson.

i think people forget how good he is as a centre.

think the reshuffle that would occur would be lyon spending a lot of time in the five eighth role

why would we play the best centre in the world at 5/8th!!

Vicious

Bench
Why does everyone on here hate Elford?

He will be our starting centre next season, unless we sign Lyon - and even then I think you'll find he will be moved to the wing.

I'm glad Sheens realises his value to the side - he really gets bagged for nothing around here.
I can`t speak for anyone else,but as for myself i`m not bagging Elford.He is a good solid player,but definately not a superstar that i`m looking for.And he is definately too slow to be a top quality winger!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
No he isnt a superstar, but neither are any of the replacements you suggested for him.

Harrison is not ready for full-time first grade as yet, as Sheens realises, whilst Fitzhenry is not as good as Elford in attack or defence.

Sheens mentioned some positional changes if we were to sign Lyon and I dont think Elford is going to be pushed out of the backline.

He is quick enough to be a winger - he is one of the fastest around off the blocks.

If we sign Lyon, he will be moved to the wing and if we don't he will play in the centres.

Vicious

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
No he isnt a superstar, but neither are any of the replacements you suggested for him.

Harrison is not ready for full-time first grade as yet, as Sheens realises, whilst Fitzhenry is not as good as Elford in attack or defence.

Sheens mentioned some positional changes if we were to sign Lyon and I dont think Elford is going to be pushed out of the backline.

He is quick enough to be a winger - he is one of the fastest around off the blocks.

If we sign Lyon, he will be moved to the wing and if we don't he will play in the centres.
I disagree.Ithink Bronson will become a superstar.How long do you want to hold him back???Lyon already is a superstar and although he is far from a superstar,I have no doubt that Whatuira is a far better player than Elford.That is why Elford was stuck in Premier League behind Whatuira and that is why the Wests Tigers are paying Whatuira a lot more money than they are paying Elford!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'm convinced Bronson will become a superstar, but he hasnt overly impressed in FG yet. Sheens obviously thinks that he still needs some extra development - which is why he has been held back a little this season.

Whatuira is a solid player, but to hear that we payed a price "too good to refuse" for him is worrying when we have Elford alreayd here.

Unless he may play somewhere else?

westie

Bench
Vicious, just because a player has potential doesn't mean he should be in a first grade side.

Vicious

Bench
westie said:
Vicious, just because a player has potential doesn't mean he should be in a first grade side.
Harrison and Fulton carve up in Premier League everytime they play there.Would you like to watch them continue doing that for another couple of years until they come off contract and the Bulldogs or Roosters sign them????????????????????????

westie

Bench
Vicious said:
westie said:
Harrison and Fulton carve up in Premier League everytime they play there.Would you like to watch them continue doing that for another couple of years until they come off contract and the Bulldogs or Roosters sign them????????????????????????

Fulton is still a flegg aged player. Give the bloke time. Fulton, while capable of the miraculous is still a kid, perfectly capable of f**king up 2 seconds later. He wont be going any where soon so there is no point of ruining next year by playing a kid.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Vicious said:
Wrighty79 said:
Elford to lock people. Trust me.
Then where do you play Fulton,Galea,Halatau,O`Neill,Laffranch,Kouparatsis???

I would like Galea at 13, and believe if we don't sign Lyon, that's where he'll be. Bucketts and Boof are our 2nd rowers, Halatau is our impact benchie, and Kouparatsis??? I dunno, never seen him play, but if Tyran Smith is infront of him in Canberra...

If we do sign Lyon, Spud will go to lock. He has all the traits that you need to succeed at 13. some pace, solid defense, decent - above average ball skills... the pieces fit IMO.

Vicious

Bench
westie said:
Vicious said:
westie said:

Fulton is still a flegg aged player. Give the bloke time. Fulton, while capable of the miraculous is still a kid, perfectly capable of f**king up 2 seconds later. He wont be going any where soon so there is no point of ruining next year by playing a kid.
The majority of players who end up better than average 1st graders are playing regular 1st grade by age 21 at the latest!Tim Sheens made a statement earlier in the year stating that he expects Liam Fulton to become our regular starting lock sometime early in `2005.That is why he had also planned to move Ben Galea to hooker.I`m positive Bronson will also be a regular in the 17 as of next year.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Wrighty79 said:
Hybrid I agree, only thing is that Sheensy has him touted for hooker.

Sheens has Farah touted for hooker.

He was quoted in RLW as saying that Robbie was going to start next season as first choice hooker, but his injury may see us resign Mears for a further year.

I think you'll find Galea will be playing either second-row or lock.

Latest posts