What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Draft Season 2019

jaseg

Juniors
I can't believe the Browns got Greedy - a top 10 prospect imo - in the mid 2nd.

That's Greedy + D.Ward... gotta think that's going to be some NASTY man coverage scheming going on. It also probably signals that the Browns are thinking about the post season/SB more than the division - Greedy isn't going to help that much vs the Ravens run heavy offense, but two high level heavy man coverage corners is one of the few things the Pats struggle with.. and nobody else in the league (except the Pats themselves) can field it.

Don't love the Parris Campbell 2nd round pick to the Colts... he's a gadget player in the NFL most likely - Tavon Austin is my comp. A bunch of WRs off the board at this point though I suppose.. no Deebo, JJAW, Brown.. question marks over DK running anything other than a go route.

DC_fan

Coach
I thought the Cowboys would go safety with their fist pick. But there you go they surprise me and take a DT. The only question, is Hill a 1 or 3 technique tackle. I am reading various reports on this.

Tom155

Coach
Yep Rosen to Miami for the 62nd pick

Surprised they could still get a 2nd for him after picking Murray

Don't love the Parris Campbell 2nd round pick to the Colts... he's a gadget player in the NFL most likely - Tavon Austin is my comp. A bunch of WRs off the board at this point though I suppose.. no Deebo, JJAW, Brown.. question marks over DK running anything other than a go route.

As a Colts fan I loved it. Best slot receiver in the draft imo and has blinding speed. Exactly what we needed.

I couldn’t be happier with how our draft has gone

jaseg

Juniors
Isabella is fantastic for the Kingsbury/Kyler Cards offense.. but jesus, they need OTs.

Thornhill makes sense, super versatile DB with crazy athleticism - almost Byron Jones-ish.

As a Colts fan I loved it. Best slot receiver in the draft imo and has blinding speed. Exactly what we needed.

I couldn’t be happier with how our draft has gone

Dunno about the fit tbh, gadgets aren't usually 2nd round picks, most of his yards were manufactured on BLOS catches with bubble screens etc to take advantage of his speed - McLaurin might actually be the best WR out of OSU this year when it comes to translating to the NFL. Plus, it's a Frank Reich offense - dude loves 12 personnel sets, you have Doyle & Ebron for that, so an outside guy was probably going to be more valuable... I have no real confidence in huge production out of Funchess, but that will be a factor in this pick being successful.

jaseg

Juniors
Seahawks trade up for DK Metcalf with the last pick of the 2nd round

This makes sense... he's pretty clearly the WR3 there, and the other two guys are smaller, twichty route runners that both shift between outside and slot.

jaseg

Juniors
Pittsburgh just took potentially the best slot receiver in the draft.. dude is a monster of a replacement for AB. (Diontae Johnson)

zombie jesus

Staff member
Diontae Johnson wasn't even an afterthought for me. He's a returner, so there's some instant value. Versatile, so he fits with what Juju can do. Can't really argue with Steelers' scouting of WRs, but the coach responsible for recent success retired before last season, so we will see if that production line continues.

jaseg

Juniors
Diontae Johnson wasn't even an afterthought for me. He's a returner, so there's some instant value. Versatile, so he fits with what Juju can do. Can't really argue with Steelers' scouting of WRs, but the coach responsible for recent success retired before last season, so we will see if that production line continues.

Not a stunning athlete, but a real football player. Nasty, nasty cuts, a quality two-way slot. With Juju moving outside, it's a hell of a pick. Steelers hammering needs right now in a big way.

Getting excited for the next Browns pick at 80 now... a long list of guys I'd love still on the board.. any of these please Dorse:
Chase Winovich
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
Amani Hooker
Khalen Saunders
Anthony Nelson
Te'Von Coney
Blake Cashman
Chuma Edoga

Latest posts