What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Draft Season 2019

jaseg

Juniors
Did anyone else have Takitaki as a day 2 guy?

Nope.

Had him in the tier 2 of available LBs at the time - good that they got a LB in, remains to be seen if it's the right one... but with Blake Cashman and Te'Von Coney (and hell, Ben Burr-Kirven), the pick makes me a little nervous.

Still, trust the Dorse. Looks like the box safety/db/dimeLB hybrids are still dropping (CGJ & Hooker), so hopefully can get one of those guys, or the big power end in Nelson in the 4th, then a rotational DT in the 5th (because Trevon Coley shouldn't be in line to play snaps, and the DT class is deep... Greg Gaines as a pocket pushing nose, or Ricky Walker as a more versatile 3-tech, both might be around in the 5th).

After that, who knows? Peavy for SCB depth (and Carrie getting cut after the 2019 season)? A kicker to compete with Third Leg Greg? A late development shot at OT?

jaseg

Juniors
Ravens take Miles Boykin

Great pick for the Ravens. Didn't run a diverse route tree at Notre Dame and not a great tackle breaker after the catch, but a big effort guy, has good hands, size, and blocks well downfield (this is the key for the Ravens offense).

AFCN is really going to be nasty in 2019. Even the Bengals I feel are being underrated.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson apparently didn't interview well? Must have been some doozies in there.

Content with the Justin Layne pick, he can compete straight away for a spot.

Tomorrow expecting a TE and RB for sure, S and OLB very likely, and with three 6ths a kicker is well in play.

shiznit

Coach
Because he - oh, I don't know - picked Ferrell at 4???

Not to mention that he let Hall Of Fame defensive beast Mack walk (interestingly enough, Mack then proceeded to almost acquire more sacks by himself than the entire Raiders side).

The dude is an over-rated clown, and he is now harming the organisation with stupid draft moves, imo.

He's almost as over-rated as Carr... :p
One interesting thing that i heard today...

Ferrell was considered a big reach at #4 but Mayock and Gruden considered him the #2 Edge rusher in the draft behind Bosa.

If Mayock wasn’t the Raiders GM and was still the draft guru at the NFL network and he started banging out evaluations that he felt this kid was the #2 rusher in the class as well as put him at #4 in his mock... This kid would have been rated much higher and wouldn’t have been considered a reach.

I think there’s a good point to it...

We will soon find out how much of a draft guru Mayock is...

Apparently they tried to move out of #4 but they couldn’t get a good enough deal so they decided to take the best edge guy on their board...

Eelementary

Post Whore
One interesting thing that i heard today...

Ferrell was considered a big reach at #4 but Mayock and Gruden considered him the #2 Edge rusher in the draft behind Bosa.

If Mayock wasn’t the Raiders GM and was still the draft guru at the NFL network and he started banging out evaluations that he felt this kid was the #2 rusher in the class as well as put him at #4 in his mock... This kid would have been rated much higher and wouldn’t have been considered a reach.

I think there’s a good point to it...

We will soon find out how much of a draft guru Mayock is...

Apparently they tried to move out of #4 but they couldn’t get a good enough deal so they decided to take the best edge guy on their board...

I hope you're right.

I have totally lost faith in Gruden, to be perfectly honest.

Hopefully, he proves he is still a great coach...

shiznit

Coach
Loved the pick up if Renfrow in the 5th round... dude will be a heck of a slot guy with AB & Tyrell Williams on either side...

zombie jesus

Staff member
I don't have much of a clue of the Steelers day 3 picks. I was hoping Justice Hill would fall to them to have a point of difference to Conner, but Benny Snell is a prototypical Steelers back. Him, Conner and Samuels makes for a big RB corp, all around 1.8m and 100kg

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't have much of a clue of the Steelers day 3 picks. I was hoping Justice Hill would fall to them to have a point of difference to Conner, but Benny Snell is a prototypical Steelers back. Him, Conner and Samuels makes for a big RB corp, all around 1.8m and 100kg
Steelers seem to love those big bruising running backs. One thing I do admire about the steelers scouting is they don't seem to put as much stock into the 40 time as other teams