What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Big Mick

Referee
So it now raises the question.

Do they keep Asante Samual?

Do they look for value and trade him?

An interesting decision coming up most definitely.

abpanther

Staff member
Didn't get my messages this morning Ab? haha

Hahaha, just saw them now, had my phone on silent since I woke up, thanks for the updates :)

To be honest I never saw it happening really, I mean we are in a rebuilding stage, I see us going 6-10, no reason for Nnamdi to come here if he is looking for a ring

abpanther

Staff member
Although I do think that DRC is being slightly overrated, he was a 1st round pick and he has all the physical tools, but he's not there yet. Hell the 49ers tore the Cards up with Alex Smith at the helm, nuff said...

Raider_69

Post Whore
f**king hell boys, i went out last night to celebrate the return of two of my best mans from afghan and i must have drunk A LOT becuase im sitting here reading that the eagles have Samuel, DRC and Aso on our roster... f**king hell im obviously still 3/4ths cut, it surely isnt happening? Surely ill wake up with a massive hang over soon

aso in philly... f**k yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VY backing up Vick, if we can get him to sign a couple of year deal at some point, we'll turn him into another first rounder. Babin is back... our D just became good enough for a SB.... f**k yea

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Vernon Gholston > Bears
Drew Coleman > Jags
Kevin Burnett > Fins
Deuce Lutui > Bengals

Oh and Umenyiora is holding out, I wonder if they look to trade him

kurt faulk

Coach

i wonder if gholston will do anything now he in a scheme which fits his talents?

or maybe he just doesn't have nfl talent.

stormbati

Bench
Wow! Aso to Eagles! Who saw that coming?!
My theory is, Plaxico signs for peanuts, Djax gets an upgrade and Maclin is traded

Or.....
Asante and Maclin traded to Arizina for Larry Fitzgerald!!!

Big Mick

Referee
Mike Sims-Walker --> RAMS
Darren Sproles --> NOLA
Roman Harper --> Re-signs with Saints
RUMOUR - Randy Moss --> Colts

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Vince Young's one-year deal with the Eagles will be worth up to $5.5 million.

abpanther

Staff member
So the Rams sign Mike Sims-Walker, add Pettis and Salas through the draft along with a pass catching TE, and also solidify their Oline with Harvey Dahl. Bradford must be smiling right now

Big Mick

Referee
Was thinking the same thing AB.

Along with potentially adding Jerome Harrison or other 3rd down back to help Stephen Jackson.

That Harvey Dahl pick up is great.

Sims-Walker I think will be the down the field threat.

Pettis, Salas, Amendola rotating in the slot.

Do they re-sign Mark Clayton now?

Either way they have receiving corps of:
Laurant Robinson, Donnie Avery, Mark Clayton, Mike Sims-Walker, Austin Pettis, Greg Salas, Danny Amendola

They'll have to cut 1-2 of them. Either way a good solid WR is going to be available on Waivers. I think it'll be Pettis, Salas or Amendola...3 slot receivers are too many. I think Pettis wins out.

Monk

Referee
Amendola WAS the Rams WR core last season, noway they cut him after what he did for them last season.

stormbati said:
Wow! Aso to Eagles! Who saw that coming?!
My theory is, Plaxico signs for peanuts, Djax gets an upgrade and Maclin is traded

Or.....
Asante and Maclin traded to Arizina for Larry Fitzgerald!!!

No way Maclin get's traded.

Big Mick

Referee
Amendola WAS the Rams WR core last season, noway they cut him after what he did for them last season.

Maybe so.

He did lead the league in red zone attempts last year

BUT this is a new year.

If they were so comfortable with him...why draft 2 slot possession guys and bring in Sims-Walker.

Josh McDaniels likes those types of receivers. Tall and fast...that's sims-walker.

And he likes good sized possession guys in Pettis and Salas. Amendola is pretty small...I don't know if he makes it through.

Avery might even be the one going...And I see Laurant Robinson getting the ass too potentially.

But if they release Robinson, that'll take em down to 6 and the only deep threat they have is Sims-Walker...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jackson would get traded before Maclin, of that im 100% sure

Jackson's deal will be rework but he continues with his diva ways, once its reworked, the eagles might try and trade him... they drafted Maclin thinking he could develop into a legit #1 WR... he's a more complete receiver than Jacksobn, who doesnt make many tough catches over the middle... Jackson is one back knee injury away from being an average WR...

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree with monk about amendola though, no way he gets cut

Looking forward to seeing what the eagles do at CB now, and what they get for Asante

Latest posts