What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Big Mick

Referee
Eric Mangini hired as offensive consultant for the 49ers.

Yes you read that right...OFFENSIVE consultant.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The Steelers O-line curse continues with right tackle Mike Adams getting stabbed twice in the stomach during an attempted robbery. Early reports say he will be back for training camp.

Paullyboy

Coach
Love him or hate him, I still don't understand how teams can justify some of the crap QB's on their roster whilst ignoring Tebow. Particulary teams who are showing no signs of being competitive anytime soon - cough *Jaguars* and Browns *cough*.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Panthers just won the first comp of the season. greatest uniform in history according to NFL.com voters.

Panthers won mainly because Dave Dameshek was being a douche and no other team cared about it.

http://www.nfl.com/greatestuni

still we won something this year :D

zombie jesus

Staff member
Josh Gordon trade rumours flying around again. One strike away from a year in the sideline I think.

kurt faulk

Coach

by the time the draft rolls up it will be much different. cleveland are most likely to move up to get the guy they want. they loaded up on draft picks to ensure they get their guy.

dumping chadz as hc is a sign that they want to start again with their choice of qb.

rams are sitting pretty. they will get extra picks and still have their choice at #4.

abpanther

Staff member
I really hope the Rams trade down and go for quantity again over quality

If they come away from this draft without any of the top 3 (Bridgewater, Clowney and Matthews) I'll be stoked

Raider_69

Post Whore
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...t-todd-mcshay-projects-every-first-round-pick

Todd McShays latest mock draft
1. Houston: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. St Louis: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
3. Jacksonville: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
4. Cleveland: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
5. Oakland: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State

So many QBs, any of them worth it?

Bortles and Carr dont give me much hope. I think Teddy and Football both have genuine franchise QB potential and AJ McCarron is the best game managing QB

if your drafting someone outside those guys, im not convinced at all

kurt faulk

Coach

i think the rams are done with quantity, they need quality now. especially on the oline. right now matthews is a slam dunk pick where bpa meets need. but fisher has never went oline in the 1st round and how do you pass up on clowney if he's there?

the way snead works is he targets his guy and moves to the draft position he thinks he can get him. #4 seems like the position right now with how things have worked out. cleveland will not let anyone stop them getting their guy, on the proviso they do indeed love one of the other qbs.

kurt faulk

Coach

and just like that.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...ll-pick?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rams GM Les Snead "made it clear" Sunday that St. Louis is "open for business" with the No. 2 overall draft pick.
The Rams have an extensive history of trading down and stockpiling picks under Snead, and hope to do so again with a choice that could easily turn into Jedeveon Clowney, assuming the Texans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater at No. 1 overall. Per King, Snead would "like to get an extra first-rounder out of the deal if possible." Snead would obviously love for another quarterback's "stock" to rise ahead of the draft, perhaps Fresno State's Derek Carr.
Source: SI.com Dec 30 - 3:28 PM

gronkathon

First Grade
BbkmqxiCMAEX24o.jpg

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers fired their O-line coach and have signed Brad Wing, he's the only punter signed at the minute but I assume someone else will be signed for camp and they will compete for the job.

gronkathon

First Grade
Take him to Tampa Bay and fire him out one of the cannons :)

It is hard for the Bengals though. Their defense for the most part will always keep them out of a good draft spot and Dalton just doesn't seem that guy though.

Still has one more year on sweet FA money though

shiznit

Coach
They have to figure out a way of going up in the draft and grabbing a QB....

That will probably mean big decisions in other areas...

zombie jesus

Staff member
If I was the Bengals I would try to extend him on the cheap while he's down, then draft his potential replacement by the end of day two of the draft.

aqua_duck

Coach
I would personally draft a QB in the 3rd round, there's enough value there potentially with guys like McCarron, Mettenberger, Boyd, Fales and Garoppolo. This is a great draft for QB's, the teams that need a QB desperately will snap up the likes of Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles, and Manziel therefore you get guys who might've been 1st round or early 2nd round picks in other years falling through the cracks.
The bengals are in a situation where they don't need someone who can come in right away, you can afford to take a guy on day 2 and give him time to develop, the defence will be even better next year with Geno and Leon Hall healthy, the receiving core is quite good and very young, and Gio Bernard will only get better. Dalton has shown he's atleast adequate, who knows maybe 4th time lucky if not then you've got a guy who's had a year to develop and learn and ready to take over