What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
I said a few weeks ago I would be wrapt if Philly get DGB

If he were not such a moron I would think Kelly would have been interested in Justin Blackmon. He is a legit #1 talent
Are you serious??

Chip wasn't a fan of D-Jax & even Shadys locker room presence... No f**king way he brings in DGB...

gronkathon

First Grade
Are you serious??

Chip wasn't a fan of D-Jax & even Shadys locker room presence... No f**king way he brings in DGB...

I think the Shady thing is a bit of a nothing.

D-Jax? Well he is a prima donna who will never be a consistent number 1 guy like he expects to be paid as.

Wait and see who is available and what they prioritise

DC_fan

Coach
Dallas have been raided on D with their LB's walking out the door. Carter and Durant gone and McClain unlikely to be re-signed.

Carters form has been very inconsistent. Can look good one minute and then very ordinary the next. Durante is a veteran who brings a lot to the table especially experience. His problem is injuries. Dall as would have liked to keep both, but they were never going to pay overs to keep them.

As for McClain I have not seen or heard anything to suggest he will be going elsewhere.

nick87

Coach
Are you serious??

The Shady thing was money, i dont think character had a lot to do with it. And if we're being honest, i think the same could be said for D-Jax, as we've seen with Maclin, Chip isnt comfortable paying WR's 10+mil. Even Cary Williams, his release was ultimately about money, not his outspoken nature.

The stuff about their character is just typical organisational hot air to justify a salary dump.

I dont think Chip has an issue with those "locker room" guys, i mean he just gave a 63 mil deal for Maxwell who isnt shy with a comment. He loves DeMeco Ryan who is as outspoken in the locker room as anyone.

Ultimately i just think Chip has budgets in his head about who and want he's willing to spend on skill positions and Jackson and McCoy were over those thresholds.

nick87

Coach
on the DeMarco thing, I dont think this is going anywhere... Philly signed Matthews. I think DeMarco wants to put pressure on Dallas to up their offer, and what better way for him to do that than to visit Philly and threaten to walk to a division rival?

And why wouldnt Philly be a willing participant. Making Dallas pay top dollar for a workhorse back who is coming off near 400 carries and has only stayed healthy once is a great idea. Especially with Dez playing on a Tag.

nick87

Coach
Also, i was looking back on the 2010 draft (Philly now have 3 of the top 13 players from that draft) and my god, it's f**king stacked. If you didnt get a pro bowl out of this class, you missed badly

dogslife

Coach
How does Chip have an issue with paying guys like Shady and D-Jax $10mil when he's got Bradford on the books at $12mil?

nick87

Coach
How does Chip have an issue with paying guys like Shady and D-Jax $10mil when he's got Bradford on the books at $12mil?

It's a QB? The most expensive and important position on the field. Seems obvious to me :?

I mean if your issue is that its Sam Bradford then I agree but if he is staying in Philly it's becuase he is Chips guy, and 13mil for your franchise QB (and that appears to be chips position, right or wrong) is chicken feed

dogslife

Coach
It's because it's Sam Bradford.

Shady and D-Jax might have been expensive for their respective positions, but were proven commodities. Bradford hasn't really proven anything in 5 years, other than that he struggles to stay on the field

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
He was good in his first season and until he was injured last season, with one of the best Olines and maybe even DeMarco, he could fire next season.

DC_fan

Coach
on the DeMarco thing, I dont think this is going anywhere... Philly signed Matthews. I think DeMarco wants to put pressure on Dallas to up their offer, and what better way for him to do that than to visit Philly and threaten to walk to a division rival?

And why wouldnt Philly be a willing participant. Making Dallas pay top dollar for a workhorse back who is coming off near 400 carries and has only stayed healthy once is a great idea. Especially with Dez playing on a Tag.

The longer it takes for Murray to sign with another team increases the chances of him re-signing with the Cowboys. But Dallas will not over pay to get him signed.

nick87

Coach

Shady and D-Jax might have been expensive for their respective positions, but were proven commodities. Bradford hasn't really proven anything in 5 years, other than that he struggles to stay on the field

13 mil is about the 15th highest paid QB in the league right now. And thats before Wilson and Luck get their pay day's into the top 2 spots.

Add to that you'd have to think that if Bradford is really Chips guy and he's here to be our franchise, an extension will be forth coming that will lower that number, i mean i doubt we're giving up what we have to get Bradford only to put him into a QB friendly offense and let him walk in 12 months time.

I dont like that it's Bradford either. But the reality is Chip seems to think he can be our franchise QB, and 13 mil for a Franchise QB is not big money. And it doesnt matter what you or i think of Bradford, the guy doing the deals and coaching the team says he's the man.

10 mil for an RB is insane money. 10-11 mil for WR's in Chips system is insane. All three of those guys shattered their seasons best in Chips system. I think Chip feels like he doesnt need to pay top talent in those positions because his scheme doesnt need elite talent to get production. So he saves money there, invests it in the OL, QB and Defense. And backs his system to handle the other stuff.

You can disagree with Kelly about whether constructing a team like this can lead to success and whether Bradford is a franchise guy, there is plenty including myself who have those doubts, but that's the way he wants to build his team. He'll succeed or fail on his terms i guess.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Pretty well summed up man, edelman, LaFell and Amendola just won a SB, the one thing Chip missed though, was getting Austin in that trade, he can make up for it by getting Harvin though, a speedy slot guy would kill it in this offence.

kurt faulk

Coach

he went hard after sam because he is built to run his system. the fact he gave up so much for a qb coming off 2 acl tears says all you need to know.

he obviously didn't like foles and thought a one year looksy at sam in his system is worth a shot. no way they give sam an extension before he proves he can stay healthy. i'm praying he can because i will always be a bradford homer and the rams will get a 2nd rounder next year without having to give back any of their picks.

the funny thing is if sam took a paycut none of this would have happened. the rams told him to look at trade options to work out his market worth and then the eagles blew them away with their trade offer. in the end anyways as they turned them down a couple of times. after 25 games of clemens, hill and davis i guess they couldn't refuse a healthier qb with the better draft picks and $11m less salary.