What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

DC_fan

Coach
Houston trade QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to the Jets for a conditional late round draft pick. Has he come as the starter or as the guiding light for Geno Smith?

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
Eagles agree to a deal with former Charger RB Ryan Mathews. Philadelphia will be hoping he spends more time on the field with them then he did in San Diego where in five seasons he only played a full season once.

nick87

Coach
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 13m 13 minutes ago
Eagles reached agreement with former Giants and Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond, per source. Thurmond now teams up again with Byron Maxwell.

I dont mind that at all. He's a damn good player when healthy, it's a one year next to nothing deal. And if he stays healthy that's a good #2 CB

Eagles agree to a deal with former Charger RB Ryan Mathews. Philadelphia will be hoping he spends more time on the field with them then he did in San Diego where in five seasons he only played a full season once.

see ya ryan.

bad draft pick by the chargers.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Brees is set to count $26m against the cap next year, doubt he'd want to restructure for any team that picks him up

I wonder if the Saints would swap for Dalton. We have the cap space, and it could just be the tonic we need to actually win a playoff game.

nick87

Coach
Watched the Kelly presser.

Feel a little better

Yeah i listened to it also, he needs to front to the media more, especially now he's GM and coach. He managed to explain his moves in a way that made me feel like he's not a lunatic and he does in fact still know what he's doing

The pressure is still going to be on though. Jackson, McCoy, Foles and Maclin going out the door, that's a lot of talent, he needs to replace it. QB and RB dont worry me so much, because i think the system will make those positions productive.

But we lack outside weapons now, and that's a pretty big problem. We now, IMO need to go WR and SS in the first 2 rounds. And they both need to be good enough to start

gronkathon

First Grade
Yeah. WR is a real worry.

They are really high on Huff. So I assume Matthews takes the outside and we need Cooper to actually do something if nothing appears

legend

Coach
Andre Johnson to the Colts.

Colts have moved into a clear number two position in the AFC IMO. Denver dropping down the list with a few key departures and will struggle to get past the Pats and Colts IMO.

Seahawks may not be the legion of boom with Thurmond, Maxwell and Smith all out the door.

Dallas have been raided on D with their LB's walking out the door. Carter and Durant gone and McClain unlikely to be re-signed.

Cards D looking better and if Weatherspoon can stay healthy, the NFC West might not be a given for the Seahawks.

nick87

Coach
Yeah. WR is a real worry.

They are really high on Huff. So I assume Matthews takes the outside and we need Cooper to actually do something if nothing appears

Cooper is going to get cut next year, unless he proves himself this year
Huff i like, he made a couple of bone headed mistakes in his rookie year and Eagles fans seem to hate him, but i think he could be a pretty good #2-3 WR. Also i expect Zach Ertz to emerge this year as #2 option, and i like Matthews as a boarderline #1-2... but i dont think that's enough... I really think we need to go and get another guy early. Some one like Jalen Strong or DGB is now a must. An outside guy who can go up and get it, that allows us to keep Matthews and Ertz exploiting the middle

gronkathon

First Grade
I said a few weeks ago I would be wrapt if Philly get DGB

If he were not such a moron I would think Kelly would have been interested in Justin Blackmon. He is a legit #1 talent

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
yeah that's obscene money for Maclin. No way he lives up to that contract in KC with Alex Smith.
He never had a 1000 yard season until Chip came along.

Blackmon would be an interesting buy low candidate

Latest posts