What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL playoffs, wild card round

Deano

Juniors
Well the Buccs lost to the Redskins despite being by far the better team.

We let ourselves down on some key plays and have no one else to blame but ourselves.

Well done on the win Tim, but tbh the Seahawks won't have any problem with the Skins on either side of the ball, best of luck.

The Panthers absolutely OWNED!!! the Giants 23-0. Tiki had only 41 yards and Eli had 3 INT's, haha. Steve Smith, the best WR in the NFL this year, had 10 catches and 2 TD's, 1 of those rushing.

I'm so pumped, I give them a huge chance against the Bears next weekend.

sunny

A bit like JAX-NE this game was in that it really got away from the Giants in the 2nd half with Manning's INTs. Tiki Barber wasn't a factor, and they didn't do a good job against the run.

sunny

PIT-CIN in about 25 minutes, keep it on Fox Sports 1, it's listed as being on.

Eelectrica

Referee
Can't believe how bad the Giants played on both sides. Their defence couldn't make a stop, Offence felt the pressure rise and crumbled.
I think Tom Coughlin is a coach who will never really succeed in the Playoffs. His coaching style won't allow it.

Eelectrica

Referee
Bengals are gone unless Palmer can come back. It's a shame too, looked the Bengals were really going after the Steeler defence.

sunny

17-7 Bengals in the 2nd....PIT's D needs to step up, they have not made a stop yet. Bengals are doing well against their pressure. Kitna is doing fine in place of Palmer, not as good on the deep ball as you saw with the pass to C Johnson where he went outside when Johnson was expected the ball deeper to the inside, but Kitna is being accurate.

Mr Saab

Referee
i think carolina can go all the way to the superbowl...they are a jeckyll and hyde team team though.

sunny

21-17 Steelers in the 3rd. Palmer has done his ACL, they hope he'll be ready for training camp next July.

f**k Phil Simms is an aggravating analyst.

sunny

Pittsburgh 31-17, final.

Next week's games (all times AEDST):

Washington at Seattle 8:30am Sunday
New England at Denver midday sunday
Pittsburgh at Indianapolis 5am Monday
Carolina at Chicago 8:30 am Monday

Down to the final 8

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
50% this weekend. I really didn't know with the Giants game, and i certainly didn't see them being that poor.

Seattle
New England
Indy
Chicago after a few OT periods.

Mr Saab

Referee
seattle over washington..they were not that great vs tampa
new england vs broncos is tough...lean towards to the NE momentum
Pits vs Indy is also tough...taking indy
carolina over the bears by 2 TDs

Parra_Eels

Bench
im predicting a seattle vs chicago nfc championship game and a denver(im tipping an upset) vs indy afc game

Hopefully it'll end up with Denver vs. Indy and Carolina vs. Seattle.

Damnit I'm gonna miss the Panthers game due to work next Monday morning. :(

Godz Illa

Coach
Panthers look ominous, but Steve Smith needs his A game against the Bears defence. I'm still confident - Grossman's nice and fresh. ;-)

legend

Coach
I think New England are very beatable, especially away from home. We've won our last two and although NE are on a 10 game playoff winning streak, Denver will be fresh and we compete better than anyone against the Patriots and if we are going to be contenders, then beating the Patriots will be our way of finally getting some recognition.

Eelectrica

Referee
Seattle over Washington. Skins lucky to win after being handed a 14 point lead.

Denver Over New England. Patriots did what they had to do against Jacksonville but Denver should have their measure.
This is the game I'm most looking forward too. I hate the Patriots and usually find myself cheering for the Broncos at some point in the playoffs. So Lets go Broncos and knock Brady on his butt.

Colts over Pittsburgh. If Manning gets injured on his first pass all bets are off. Kitna shredded the the Steelers D until he rembered he was Jon Kitna.

Panthers over Bears. I still think resting Grossman was a mistake the Bears will rue. Panthers completely dominated the Giants in all phases of the game and are peaking at the right time.

sunny

Anyone ever bet on the NFL with Sportstab here in NSW (or the equivalent in other states)?

Eelectrica

Referee
No. I haven't.
I wouldn't mind betting on the Seattle and the Denver game though. If possible I'd do a straight up bet, no points or any of that.