What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Playoffs

nick87

Coach
The right of reply with a drive would be more satisfactory.

I don’t think anyone could argue that.

He was outrageously good on this one
Nailed them all game but he gets to see them line up and then make his calls

Unless he’s playing LB, that skill is of limited use for a team in game (obviously understanding their tendencies would improve play calls and execution)

Haffa

It’s insane to me that we let a team have right of reply for a FG but if it’s a touchdown the game is just over
It’s obscene.

The chiefs offence and Pat Mahomes should get the chance to have their say... if they come up short, so be it
Patrick Mahomes threw 50 TDs this year and may as well have been in the locker room during OT. Imagine in baseball if in the 10th inning one team got to Bat and if they scored they won and the other team didn’t get to bat. What’s a better way to do it? oh I don’t know is there another group of people that play football, like college or the CFL?

Dogs Of War

Coach
It’s insane to me that we let a team have right of reply for a FG but if it’s a touchdown the game is just over
It’s obscene.

The chiefs offence and Pat Mahomes should get the chance to have their say... if they come up short, so be it

I like to think if they introduced it into the NRL would I be happy? Field Goal doesn't end OT? Happy. Try ends overtime. Happier.

I think the real villain was not having a go for the win with 0:11 on the clock. It would have been hard. But I'm sure they had some sort of play they could use and still have time on the clock.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Patrick Mahomes threw 50 TDs this year and may as well have been in the locker room during OT. Imagine in baseball if in the 10th inning one team got to Bat and if they scored they won and the other team didn’t get to bat. What’s a better way to do it? oh I don’t know is there another group of people that play football, like college or the CFL?
Just imagine...

A football world cup penalty shoot out.

You win the toss and get to take the first penalty.

You score the first pen.

Game over. You win.

Forget the other team and 5 pens each.

Gg well played rules committee.

shiznit

Coach
Just imagine...

A football world cup penalty shoot out.

You win the toss and get to take the first penalty.

You score the first pen.

Game over. You win.

Forget the other team and 5 pens each.

Gg well played rules committee.
Er... I’m pretty sure that’s how the old golden goal rule worked...

either way.... I understand the sentiment.

nick87

Coach
I like to think if they introduced it into the NRL would I be happy? Field Goal doesn't end OT? Happy. Try ends overtime. Happier.

I think the real villain was not having a go for the win with 0:11 on the clock. It would have been hard. But I'm sure they had some sort of play they could use and still have time on the clock.

You cant compare the games, man.
One is a fluid on going game where it's incredibly rare that in OT a team doesnt get a chance to get the ball in their hands... in the NFL it happens all the time, 10 yards, you keep the ball... golden try would make sense for RL, it makes none for NFL

Valheru

Coach
It’s obscene.

It's ludicrous and needs to be changed immediately.

You would have backed either team to score a TD on first possession so it can strongly be argued that the coin toss decided the game.

I could be wrong....
but from memory, 2011 Prelim between Brisbane v Dragons went to golden point.

Brisbane won the toss, Lockyer marches down and pops one over to win the game without us touching the ball.

It sucks as a fan, it’s got to be bitter AF as a player.

Parra

Referee

The call to take the FG was correct given the timing.

The real villian was standing offside a bit earlier.......harsh.

18to87

First Grade
The call to take the FG was correct given the timing.

The real villian was standing offside a bit earlier.......harsh.
I don't know how Dee Ford will sleep at night for a while. In saying that, the Patriots LT is lined up illegally. Typical dirty Patriots tactics. The game should have ended there with Brady's 3rd INT. Some get all the breaks. Drew Brees on the other hand...

I don't know how Dee Ford will sleep at night for a while. In saying that, the Patriots LT is lined up illegally. Typical dirty Patriots tactics. The game should have ended there with Brady's 3rd INT. Some get all the breaks. Drew Brees on the other hand...

I’m a Brees fan, but him just floating that pick up instead of taking the sack was ugly.

Valheru

Coach
I somehow doubt that this outrage over the OT rules would be happening if KC had of been the ones to win.

Absolutely not.

The rule is ridiculous regardless of who benefits. It is akin to the NBA saying that if you score a 3 off your first possession in OT the game is over.

College gives a right of reply, albeit they do have a different OT system so not sure why the NFL doesn't

nick87

Coach
It's ludicrous and needs to be changed immediately.

You would have backed either team to score a TD on first possession so it can strongly be argued that the coin toss decided the game.

Yep
If KCC win the toss, they’re in the SB
You can’t have this shit decided by a coin toss

NO-LAR... perfect, both teams had the ball, had their shot. One team made some plays and punched a ticket... ignoring the bad call, the OT was fair and just and the better team in OT won

We’ve got no idea who the better team in OT was in KC-NE, because we only saw half the game

Smack

Coach

Yeah but if he got sacked or fumbled it would have been game over. Risky, I would have taken a shot tbh.

Last Week

Bench
Fact is, NE as a whole played better. I feel the same about New Orleans. The defence shut Mahomes, Kelce and Hill down very effectively for the first 3 quarters. That's commendable especially seeing as our defence hasn't been able to travel all year.

The game plan of death by a thousand cuts worked. Clock management the whole game, keeping Mahomes off the field, and shutting down KCs best weapons.

KC was out-coached by a better prepared team. Just.