What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Tipping Comp

Monk

Referee
I know its a bit late notice, but i just created an NFL Tipping Comp for our Forum on www.oztips.com

If you would like to join PM me and ill send you an invite.

cheers,
Monk

Tippers so far: 25

Ateneo
bad gambler
Biship_25
Beeeeerad
Booeyc
canberra_raiders2k2
cq
Chiana of the Nebari
Dogs of War
eastsrule
Electica
Electricityscape
ezikiel25:17
GB-Packers
Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
Jono078
Krogan Doctor
kurtfaulk
Major Monk
Matt23v3
ozniner
pennywisealfie
Skeletor82
stephso
Stonecutterz

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
The Comp Rules are as follows:

Tip Cut-off Time:
Tip cut-off time for your Comp is 5-minutes before the first match of the Week.

Correct Tip - 2 points for a correct tip
Incorrect Tip - 0 points for a incorrect tip
Match Drawn (but not Tipped) - 1 point if the match is a tie but you did not pick tie.
Tip a Draw - 3 points if you correctly tip a draw

All Correct Bonus: - 0
Bonus Points to be added if a Tipster correctly Tips all matches in a Week. (Note: Bonus Points only apply to Regular Season matches and NOT to Finals or representative matches.)

Hide Ladder After Week: - Don't Hide
Hides the Tipping Comp's Ladder after the selected Week. The Comp Manager must select "Don't Hide" to show the Ladder again.

Non-Submission:
Lowest
Calculation of Points for Tipsters who fail to submit their Tips by the Week's Tip cut-off time. eg. "Lowest" and an Adjustment of "-1", will give the Tipster the lowest Score in your Comp for the missed Tipping Week, minus 1 Point.
Adjustment:

Late Start:
Lowest
Allocation of Points for Tipsters who start later than Week 1. eg. "Average" and an Adjustment of "2", will give the new Tipster the average of your Comp Tipster's current total Scores (rounded down to the nearest point), plus 2 Points.
Adjustment:

Special Instructions: (if people are tied at the end of the season the winner is decided by)
Paper Scissors Rock.

Prize Information: (what you win at the end of the Season)
A Good Feeling. + Bragging Rights and a nice banner.

View Closed Tips:
Yes
Tipsters can see what everyone has Tipped after a Week has Closed.

View Names:
No
Tipsters' Firstname/Lastname appears as a hover over their Tipping Name.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I joined up.

How many people have joined Monk?

If there doesnt end up being many I might just go back to general NFL tipping comp on OzTips.

Monk

Referee
the number so far are

- Major Monk (me)
- Beeeeeerad
- Electricityscape
- Jono078

people can still join after the season has started.

Cmon people!

i PM'd some people that i know would want to join, but other's just pm me and ill send you an invite.

Monk

Referee
List of Tippers so far.

Major Monk (me)
Beeeeeerad
Electricityscape
Jono078
Dogs Of War
Ateneo

Monk

Referee
I would like to remind everyone that I DO NOT sign you up, i pm you an invite and you have to register for the comp.

Monk

Referee
cmon people sign up.

tips have to be in b4 the first game is played (i think thats friday morning our time)

KroganDoctor

Juniors
I love tipping comps :D. I probably won't win since I'll probably pick the Buccaneers every week, but I'll still get a damn respectable result. Been in a couple of these leagues before

Monk

Referee
also if one of you guys is going to be away, put you tips in advance. also if you forgot to put your tips in one week, or you were unable to.

pm me with your tips. but try to put them in, in advance. to the week or your holiday starting.