What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Trivia Thread

legend said:
Doug Flutie and Doug Robinson?

Boomer Elway? :lol:

Flutie - no SB appearance - won some Grey Cups though

Doug Robinson? - you mean Doug Williams, who torched the Broncos in the 88 or 89 SB, playing for the Redskins? Never played CFL.

Come on guys. 2 of them are named Joe, the other played 1 SB for the LA Rams, then went to Montreal a couple of years later.

SHAGMOP said:
Joe Theismann, Joe Montana and Vince Ferragamo?

Theisman - yes - played for the Toronto Argonauts, led them to a Grey Cup appearance in 1971

Montana - no - played for the 49ers and Chiefs only

Ferragamo - yes - went to Montreal in the early 80s after playing for the Rams in the SB. I think he went back to the NFL later but never did much again.

One more quarterback named Joe, not Joe Namath though. The one I'm thinking of played in 1 SB and lost.

Yes, Joe Kapp. Led the Vikings to SB4, lost to the Chiefs. It was the last SB between the AFL and the NFL, with the upstart AFL winning the 3rd and 4th.

Kapp had played several years for the B.C. Lions of the CFL. He was a big strong QB, a real leader. He didn't have a classic arm, his passes sometimes travelled end over end, but he had a great season that year until the SB.

http://www.cfl.ca/CFLHistoryCFLLegends/kapp.html

SHAGMOP

Juniors
thanks buddy.

in the superbowl spirit:

name the 3 teams that have lost consecutive superbowls.

eelegant

Juniors
Who are the only 4 Hall of Famers who played Major League Baseball?

And for a bonus point.

In 1910, a football team was penalized 15 yards for an incomplete forward pass.
True or False?

George Halas?

I don't think Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders are NFL Hall of Famers, but they played MLB. So did safety Brian jordan, but he is either still active in the NFL or not Hall of Fame material, though a very good player.

SHAGMOP

Juniors
well i'll take a wild guess and say true to the bonus question. do you get penalised for a forward pass in front of the line of scrimage even if its incomplete?

sunny

Yes you do- you are not allowed to throw a foward pass in front of the line of scrimmage.

As for the 1910 question, I would hazard a guees and say 'yes'- those were the ol' flying wedge days.