What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT- Brush with Fame

antonius

Coach
Following on from my wifes meeting today with Mark Hughes I thought a good topic to pass the time would be "Your Brush With Fame" Who have you met that is famous.

My best would be Julie Andrews. Now a lot of the young uns wont know her (Movie The Sound of Music) When I was a little whipper snipper in England My Dad taught her to drive, and she used to come round our place after the lessons.

Andrew Johns would be the most famous person i have met..

It would be nice if i could meet korn at their concert next yr, but i doubt i will get a chance to meet them among thousands of fans.

Samwise

Bench
i did a semester of uni with steven bradbury, also know a few national level swimmers, cassie hunt, jodie henry, alice mills. as well as these guys i met richard champion at a charity auction / stripper fest / piss up which was put on for the 1st birthday of a sports newspaper i was writing for at the time, funny thing is he knew me and introduced himself before i even saw him

roopy

Referee
I had a few encounters with Michael Chamberlain - mostly to do with some historical research we were both interested in - for different reasons.
I am listed in the credits for his book, and he is listed in the credits for my book, although I don't know why because I gave him stuff and he gave me nothing I didn't already know, but he got me to agree before we exchanged information.

BTW - he is a strange little man.

socksie

Juniors
i went to school with nikki webster
... although i'm not too proud of that

paul jennings when i was little - he evenn put a photo of me in his 1997 "superdiary"

labrat from the hot30 (in sydney)

... i hvnt met many famous ppl.... :cry:

mrford61

Juniors
I was working in a remote area of NT and Larry Perkins landed in his Cessna with family on board. Very freindly and jovial bloke. He wanted to borrow a vehicle to do some fishing/exploring but being against company policy I said no. He was a bit put out by that.

Also on a visit to Newie last year went and watched the Knights train at the uni. Ambushed Hages as he got out of his car to see if we could go down to the oval which he OK,d. Mark Hughes had a chat with us and posed for a photo with my son. Very freindly bloke. We were offered to go and meet them all after the training session but were due elsewhere and had to leave. :cry: ;-)

northey

First Grade
yeah all the knights players....that was easy
ummmmmm

russell crowe
tony squires
mark caroll
footy show blokes
rebecca wilson
greg fleet
john rothfield
owen finegan
mikey robbins
adam schneider
andrew enton
wil anderson
dave hughes
corinne grant
LEHMO
vince colosimo
chris taylor
craig reucassel
jeff fenech
jade gatt
ryan lapain
michala banas
john banas
juile o'brian

do i keep going??????
oh they were all the 'famous' people i meet this year

orlando bloom
mitch firth (who i kissed long story)
kostya tszuyu

humm i will stop there

the best one was when i was little and the knights were doing a pool session and my pop said look erin it is the knights...
so i ran up to the tallest one i could see and hugged him..... now he was tall and i was only very little so i was hugging his knees .....
he picked me up and started talking to me and then he took me to my pop.... it was so funny!!!!! everyone in my family always talks about it..... they knew i was a knights fan from whni was very young!!!!
oh the player was paul harragon

northey

First Grade
lol yes and helps to know people as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahah

coz when you know one person they introduce you to some one else and so on!!!!
or you can just be like me and don't give a dam if they are 'famous' and go up to them and introduce yourslf

The Colonel

Immortal
I have met -

Steve Waugh (photo at home to prove it)

2003 World Cup cricket side at North Sydney Oval.

Langlands, Raper, Gasnier, Beetson, Dawn Fraser, Jeff Fenech, Kostya Tszuyu, Anne Sargent, Darren Beadman, Mark Richards, Darren Mercer and George Moore. (I have a signed soccer ball from the NSW Greatest ever Sports Star dinner to prove that one)

Gerry Harvey (I work for him..... :D )

Parramatta Eels...

Andy

First Grade
Delta Goodrem
John Mayer
Greg Norman
John Howard
Kristy Brinkley
Billy Thorpe
Victor Rowndes (Australia's best session bass player)
David Moyse (Air Supply Guitarist)
Natalie Imbruglia
Naomi Wenitong (Shikaya - My cousin)
Guy Sebastion

Most of the Knights players (Past and Present)

Doctor

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
I have met -

Steve Waugh (photo at home to prove it)

2003 World Cup cricket side at North Sydney Oval.

Langlands, Raper, Gasnier, Beetson, Dawn Fraser, Jeff Fenech, Kostya Tszuyu, Anne Sargent, Darren Beadman, Mark Richards, Darren Mercer and George Moore. (I have a signed soccer ball from the NSW Greatest ever Sports Star dinner to prove that one)

Gerry Harvey (I work for him..... :D )

Parramatta Eels...

Oh goody. Don't I feel depressed.

John Howard waved at me once - he is a nice fellow, and it was while he was watching the cricket too. :roll:

Besides that, and seeing the odd "celebrity" here and there, I've got nothing.

My only response to all this would be to say that I do not support the society that raises individuals up on a pedestal to praise and honour unnecessarily.

Oh, and I've met Jesus, but that is not the answer you're looking for now is it? \\:D/

Big Tim

First Grade
I had a beer with Paul McDermott after the Gud show in Newcastle a few months ago. He is as funny in person as he is on stage. That was about the best I can do with really famous people. I spent a gig backstage with the Butterfly Effect when they played at the Bar on the Hill. But that will be more relevant in a few years when they become one of Australias best Rock groups.

Sweeper

Juniors
4 times consecutive world champion Tommi Makinen and current world champion Petter Solberg. :eek:

Why are the Finns so good at Rally driving but (apart from Mika) not that great in other fields?

Ran into Brett Kimmorley this evening at Charlestown Square. Looked like he was a bit stressed out with the woman and the kids to go with Xmas shopping.

princess plj

Juniors
hmm i have met thorpey - got his book to prove it, joey, matty and matthew burke. met the springbok rugby players in 1994 - they signed my report envelope. loads of cricketers as i spent many a summer at the cricket. hmm can't think of any one else really...

Sweeper

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
Why are the Finns so good at Rally driving but (apart from Mika) not that great in other fields?
Rally is the Finnish national sport. (what a country! :oops: )

I think the varying roads also help...

Latest posts