What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT- Brush with Fame

les norton

First Grade
have you ever gone up to some one famous and done the drunk...'omg you so went to my high school or where do i know you from, we must have worked together or something" and they just look at you and go...."no."

I did that to kirk peng....whatever from INXS. i was very proud of myself...i watched my mate do it for like 20 minutes to this guy in a club in surfers...she went on and on and kept saying 'dont tell me i'll get it etc" in the end i told her it was paul from neighbours.(remember lived with harold) God, it was so funny.

I also met puff daddy, p diddy whatever in New York...he kept going on how cool aussies are, and how the whole world loves us...ummm who else....

oh oh the guy that used to host 'vidiot' god, that was a great show. and dieter brummer :oops: :oops:

met the guys from blink at a signing in pac fair. ohhh I also freaked out when i was a youngen' and i pulled up next to a limo and i looked over and saw wil smith...classic, he was here to host the arias (like 1995 or something) anyways he just looked and waved and the not so subtley buzzed the electric windows up... heehee that was funny too. i stalked Kelly Slater at Kirra.

I have a few more but im too hyped up to think...sorry i took up so much space...i'll finish this post tomorrow... \\:D/ \\:D/

legallyblonde

Juniors
kim, you've met some great people!! I have met the boys from blink also at the warped tour years back, hillarious bunch of guys.

Besides obviously league stars...

I met the melrose place cast at Universal Studios in the US. (and yes I was excited)

My team, Essendon Bombers

Zane Harrison (pro surfer)

Worked with Leisel Jones

and thats about it.

keeney

First Grade
back in 1999, my family and i were staying at the beverly hills hotel, and my brother was running around the lobby and i was chasing him, and i cut across his path to close, adn unsettled the woman he was with, and so appropriately he told me to watch out or somethign followed by a f**king kids under his breath, twas great

les norton

First Grade
legallyblonde said:

wasnt sure if they counted as celebs :lol: but i saw the whole team naked when i was a youngster, it was at a jumper presentation. I just casually strolled in the change room and there they were in their glory!! My brother and i were the first people to ask micheal long for his autograph (he was stoked) I had no bloody clue who he was.

Man, i would of been so excited to meet the cast of melrose, that would of been so cool... ;-)

I remember that when i was about 12 my neighbour dragged me along to stake out jack jones...i cant even remember what band he was in, i was so excited....

i dont think it even matters if you like them or not you get caught up in the moment...shit i even screamed my head off for east 17 once (i was 13 at the time!!!) and im still embarassed by it... :( i get flash backs)

lolesi

First Grade
steve waugh (lives down the road bout 10 houses)
most of the sharks
danny green
alot of nrl players(use to be a vendar at sfs)
french no.8
john eales
matty johns(champ)
olsen twins! haha

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
legallyblonde said:
Zane Harrison (pro surfer)

Hey, I was going through some old stuff the other day, and I found a poster of him and remembered how hot he was back in the day, haha! :D Where did you meet him Kimbo? I remember once back in high school, someone jokingly started a rumour that he was going to be at the local City Beach on the Thursday night ... apparently 500 or so people turned up, and there was no Zane Harrison! Memories ...

I don't think I've met anyone real famous. The Knights of course ... and heaps of other footy players ... Chief, Fatty, Sterlo ... Trent Croad ... Frenzal Rhomb ... umm heaps of old 'Home and Away' and 'Blue Heelers' stars (can't believe I'm admitting to that). No-one exciting really ..........

~bedsy~

First Grade
OK I'll post again as mine seems to have been deleted.
I have only meet Knights players... but my uncle was Prime Possum :lol:
Oh and I have net Miss Kim

B.L.L.G

Retired
My claim to fame would be meeting Cynthia Rothrock the Karate chick.

She pressed her boob up against me.

She was big in her time but now she`s a nobody.

I`ve also meet Joe Morton from Terminator 2.

I was at the L.A. premiere of the movie The Walking Dead.

Its a movie that wasn`t released here.

War movie.

We met Kiss.

Shaking stevens.

northey

First Grade
i was thinking i already said footy players but i didn't mention that you can not go anywhere with out seeing a panthers player around here.

when the knights lost to the panthers i went to penrith the next day with some friends to do some shopping.
we walked past the TAB there was ryan girdlers car out the front... i told my friends and saidit could be anyones car! as they said that ryan walked out of the TAB and looked at me and said "your that chick from the footy last night! " and then i said somethings to him and he got in his car.

now during the penrith v souths game ryan missed a whole lot of conversions from one side of the feild. now i am not saying it is my falt i was only yelling "you can come to my hose ryan" an a whole lot of other stuff....
he missed evey conversion from that side of the feild when they were down that end!

this was after the whole thing with bryan fletcher hehehehehehehe

a week or so after i was going down the street and there was this red car again, hummmm ryan!!! i walked past him with my head down .... but he saw me!!!!!

we talked and he said " well you said you would get me back and now you have are you happy??? "

i just smiled and he game me a lift home!

legallyblonde

Juniors
les norton said:
legallyblonde said:

wasnt sure if they counted as celebs :lol: but i saw the whole team naked when i was a youngster, it was at a jumper presentation. I just casually strolled in the change room and there they were in their glory!! My brother and i were the first people to ask micheal long for his autograph (he was stoked) I had no bloody clue who he was.

Man, i would of been so excited to meet the cast of melrose, that would of been so cool... ;-)

quote]

haha well the bombers are celebs in my eys :D But sounds to me you got the better deal when you met them...although you were a youngen weren't ya.. Eh memories ;-)

I was in love with Melrose place haha and not ashamed to admit it...the cast were pretty down to earth which was good.

OH I won't quote all of this so...

John: Leisel is a bit of a ditz actually, very flighty and quite stupid....I didnt think much of her to be honest.

Amy: I met Harrison at The Ally down the coast when we went down for a surf...he was very down to earth and of course, good on the eyes 8)

astrogirl

First Grade
bedsy said:

LOL, I have met Miss Kim too. I was on Romper Room once. My sister was on the same show and we nearly had a bit of a fight on TV because I piped up during her show and tell :oops: teaches me not to steal the limelight!

sexybum

Juniors
um most recently when i was at the idol finale i met...levi, stu campell, axel, millsy, cosima, sky from neighbours, antonia kidman, libby from neighbours, blair, paulini, rebecca levauney, matt chadwick, daniel wakefield, paul mcdermott (who i love!!) kelly and deni hines... oh yeh and my cousin and i took a photo with ronald mcdonald (who quiet frankly, i think is the most famous one out of all of em!!) lol

Alex28

Coach
drank wine with Neil Finn
talked Byron Bay surf spots with Ben Harper
talked work stuff with Tex Perkins
drank beer with Phil from Grinspoon (knob)
drank beer from jugs with Tim Freedman
stuttered in awe at Mark Webber
sat in on soundcheck and backstage with Jack Johnson and John Butler

~bedsy~

First Grade
astrogirl said:
bedsy said:

LOL, I have met Miss Kim too. I was on Romper Room once. My sister was on the same show and we nearly had a bit of a fight on TV because I piped up during her show and tell :oops: teaches me not to steal the limelight!
HEHE I was on Romper Room as well, except we didn't see Mr Dobbie and my bro was on it the yr after me and he got to see him :cry:

Alex28

Coach
Jack and John - just know the right people :)

Ben - He ended up surfing at Broken Head. Soon after Ben, Jack Johnson and Ed Vedder were seen surfing up and down the east coast which Jack put on one of his video's (maybe Shelter?). The night I met Ben I saw probably the most amazing thing I will ever witness - Ben Harper and Ed Vedder doing "Indifference" for JJJ L@TW in 2001. Amazing is an understatement...

Latest posts