What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT- France

princessjen

Juniors
I'm going to france in 2 weeks!
I'm going with a choir on a tour. A lot of it will be work but we get to go shopping in Paris and stuff.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone has ever been to france and if they have any tips - like dont eat frogs legs or stuff like that

astrogirl

First Grade
Oh, have fun princessjen!

I've never been there so I don't have any tips for you I'm afraid.

I'm hoping to go to Paris in February :D

Alex28

Coach
On the Simpsons last night I believe Marge was buying Chanel suits for $1 each - and was using one as a napkin!

They make nice cars :)

Oh...and Gene...you really should be referring to them as "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"! :)

Sweeper

Juniors
Watch out for Sebastian Loeb.

They're probably be a lot of Rennaults, Peugeots and Citroens on the road too. And the French have a weird system where you give way to people coming onto the roundabout... not those already on it.

Look, the French are very different.... some say arrogant. I say they're right. Get lost at the terminal and board a flight to Norway. A trip to Scandinavia will be much, much better.

Ohh yeah... and most of them speak a bit of English. But it's like this... "ahh... yes... it was ...err... very good... and err... now i just have to... err" and its very painful. And they won't talk english unless you try talking French first. I'd avoid contact with the French. And they don't make crossiants like us Aussies do.

Also watch out for Migs. They tend to fall out of the sky cause French engineering is shit.

And don't drink the tapwater. There was this big war a couple of years ago and a lot of foreigners got killed. The French would have too but it isn't very honourable to shoot someone in the back. You can drink coke though cause its pasteurised.

Don't forget travel insurance either. They'll screw you over ten times if you get sick.
Alex28 said:
Pfft... if you like cars with no gears and no powersteering ;-) Well... Peugeots are nice. But Citroen and Rennault are damn nasty!

roopy

Referee
I know a guy who played in France with Canberra coach Matt Eliott. His biggest tip was that the French will pretend not to understand you if you have an accent, but a large RL prop can get them to suddenly learn English by yelling louder and getting right in their faces.
He also told me that his nickname when playing for Cannes in the south of France was 'the hash king' - maybe you could mention his name - or perhaps not.

The_Ben

Juniors
Try the frogs legs, they are just like fish. Yumm! and you gotta try escargot in garlic butter.....Uhhh divine!

Pity you're not going in the summer as the Champs Elysees is brilliant in summertime.

Merci!

Alex28

Coach
Sweeper said:
Alex28 said:
Pfft... if you like cars with no gears and no powersteering ;-) Well... Peugeots are nice. But Citroen and Rennault are damn nasty!

I drive a Peugeot 206 GTi - great little car. New Renault's are pretty good...and as a rally fan you should know Citroen's kick a bit of arse :)

fosie

Juniors
Check out their clothes!!! They have an elegant dress sense :lol: like my french teacher.

princessjen

Juniors
Have a great time PJ. You will love it.
Thanks. I hope I will. We're going to Paris sightseeing and recovering from Jet Lag, then somewhere else for a singing festival, then to the north of france then back to paris then back home. The trip will go for 2 weeks but a lot of time is spent on the plane.
I dislike the French
I think a lot of people do. Gene for instance :lol:

princess plj

Juniors
lucky u princess jen although dont mean to rub it in but i will, i will be in france in just over a week. i have heard dtrange things from other people...word of advice dont buy anything from anyone at the eiffel tower unless it is in a souvenier shop and dont take money from anyone as it could be fake and then u get arrested....it happened to some one i know....

princessjen

Juniors
dont take money from anyone as it could be fake and then u get arrested....
that is just the sort of thing that would happen to me.

they'd give me the money then I would go "oh thanks" and be all grateful until i am taken away by the police. :lol:

what are you going to france for if you dont mind me asking?